Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best tips on defeating Talos.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
Hey wizards could you please give me some tips on defeating Talos ( I get Medusa if I can manage to defeat him). He is a big challenge to defeat and worse, it is a one-only dungeon! I have tried different strategies to defeat him and well, lets just say it didnt work out so well. First I tried killing the minion first ( I always try that) but Talos killed me with Hydra before I could even kill the minion. So second time I tried using blades and traps and attacking again and again. Third time well I cant go on forever. Can someone please help me I mean give some really good tips please. I want Medusa so badly PLEASE! Cya in the spiral lol .

Samuel GhostHunter
Grandmaster Conjurer

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Hideous13 wrote:
Hey wizards could you please give me some tips on defeating Talos ( I get Medusa if I can manage to defeat him). He is a big challenge to defeat and worse, it is a one-only dungeon! I have tried different strategies to defeat him and well, lets just say it didnt work out so well. First I tried killing the minion first ( I always try that) but Talos killed me with Hydra before I could even kill the minion. So second time I tried using blades and traps and attacking again and again. Third time well I cant go on forever. Can someone please help me I mean give some really good tips please. I want Medusa so badly PLEASE! Cya in the spiral lol .

Samuel GhostHunter
Grandmaster Conjurer

my advice go to wizard101 central the have guides on these quests
also when in this battle buy the following henchman
lvl 70 life henchman ( only call once you or a henchman is bout to die to avoid a wasted huge mount of pips from it)
2+ lvl 70 storm henchman ( this helps a lot in the battle as the levy as soon as they come out)

then follow the advice off central and soon your medusa spell is yours

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I used the troll minion to keep him hit with traps and to get around the cheat there. For blades, I only used a blade probably once or so. But it was so long ago I can't remember much. I do know that I did use the myth bubble and healed a bit, If you can take advantage of the defenses and offenses that wont activate cheats (and a minion is a good way around that) you can find yourself pushing back enough. Keep Orthrus close for this fight with frogs and bulls.

Your minotaur minion will probably be a great choice because he towers and might heal and draw the enemy's attention away from you. Just put on your best attack/resist gear that you can and give it another go.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Hideous13 wrote:

Samuel GhostHunter
Grandmaster Conjurer

This is how I got Efreet: Get some henchmen (Yep you need crowns) A lvl 50 life, storm and the other one depends on what the bosses school is.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Hello.

It took me 6 tries to defeat him. But I did defeat him, and without crowns or henchmen.

Stock up on shields. Maximum tower shields, and maximum shields of the elemental type. As you shield, charge them pips and attack the minion. Minion should go first, and minion will go down quicker.

I did use minions. But, you really need to conserve pips. I suggest you use the Living Puppet. It is 0 pips, and will constantly do some damage unless it fizzles. Over all those turns you spend fighting, this will help you out a lot.

Regardless of whether minion hits boss or minion, focus on minion.

Deck construction:

Maximum tower shields.
Maximum shields that would block minion or part of boss's attacks. Such as Storm/Fire shield.
Maximum Living Puppet minions.
Maximum Sprites.
Maximum Pixies.
About half the maximum in Satyrs, assuming you have learned it. If you have life mastery, maximize that.
Attacks.

Shielding in this fight is way more important than blading up. Just kill minion first. It will make it easier than trying to fight boss first.

Sometimes you have bad luck and your deck gets shuffled in a bad way. In which case you have a very drawn out battle that may seem like it will end badly. Just hang in there, and keep trying. You will notice that it can be done.

I think the reason it took me 6 tries is because I may not have played as smart as I could have played. I also did not have Life mastery amulet. And like I said, I did not spend crowns. I actually refuse to spend crowns on henchmen. Ever. And after 3 years, never have.

One other thing you can do. If you STILL have a very hard time winning the fight, go to bazaar and look at defensive equipment. Look at equipment that gives most health, incoming healing boosts, block, etc. Defenses against elemental or balance.

Good luck. But keep trying. It is only a matter of time before you win. And you will get Medusa. If I could get it, ANYBODY can.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
Thank you all for all your tips, eventually I finally defeated Talos and got Medusa! Every time I started to get low health I would just use Polymorph Treant (Bought 3 of them treasure cards from The Archivist) and use Regenerate or Satyr. I also hired my cyclops minion (Cyclops Warrior the best one) to help me. He also healed me with Sprite! :D I kept using Minotaur and Orthrus with not many blades and traps. Talos' cheat was to put a +35% hex on me, my cheat was to Polymorph into a Treant and heal to full health! With that, Talos' didnt stand a chance! The good things I noticed that Talos BOOSTS Myth and couldnt even heal!
I killed him with Orthrus and died a painful death LOL! So once again, Thank you ALL for your tips that helped me (well some LOL) defeat Talos. Cya in The Spiral! :D

Samuel GhostHunter
Nearly Legendary (LOL)

Hero
Sep 08, 2008