Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We are aware of the recent Heartbleed Bug internet vulnerability issue and can confirm that none of the KingsIsle systems or websites were impacted. If you wish to have further clarification about the bug itself visit http://heartbleed.com.

Best secondary school for balance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2009
26
Best secondary school for balance
what do you think is he best secondary school for a balance wizard? I am balance and my secondary school in storm. Im not saying its the best, but im not really sure, so what is your opinion?

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
25
Re: Best secondary school for balance
I personally like that combo. I have a storm with balance, and my friend has balance with storm. We have a good set going on right now, and both prefer it above all our other chars.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
31
Re: Best secondary school for balance
in my opinion blance is the best school if i were you i would take ice or life because balance already does i little bit of everything

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
66
Re: Best secondary school for balance
Gnesh500 wrote:
what do you think is he best secondary school for a balance wizard? I am balance and my secondary school in storm. Im not saying its the best, but im not really sure, so what is your opinion?

After playing through the game as a Balance wizard, I can safely say that the following is the best way to spend pips as Balance.

Death School
-----------------
Dark Sprite
Ghoul
Ether Shield (correct me if this is wrong name)
Banshee
Vampire
Skeletal Pirate
Feint

Those should be your first 7 training points spent. Wraith costs too many pips to be effective, and Doom and Gloom is only useful in pvp (pick it up if you pvp a lot).

Your last few are best spent like this.

Ice School
--------------
Frost Beetle
Snow Serpent
Volcano Shield (again, not sure on the name of the shield)
Evil Snowman
Tower Shield

With Tower Shield and Feint, you've got all the support you need for your main school, Balance. I don't think that Storm is all that good as a secondary because, by Mooshu, you'll be getting lots of power pips, and Storm spells will just take too long to use.

Hope I answered your question.

Duncan E.
Grandmaster Sorceror

Survivor
May 22, 2009
26
Re: Best secondary school for balance
Thanks, I figured I made a mistake with storm oce i reached level 20, which is too late, im 22 now so I just got Kraken. After really thinking it through, I think death would have been the best since balance does have a little of everything, but it doesn't really have anything that has to do with death magic.

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
117
Re: Best secondary school for balance
Gnesh500 wrote:
Thanks, I figured I made a mistake with storm oce i reached level 20, which is too late, im 22 now so I just got Kraken. After really thinking it through, I think death would have been the best since balance does have a little of everything, but it doesn't really have anything that has to do with death magic.
Get life so you can heal and you can probably learn all of storm too since you don't waste training points on the tri- blades/traps.

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
144
Re: Best secondary school for balance
0SMR0 wrote:
Gnesh500 wrote:
what do you think is he best secondary school for a balance wizard? I am balance and my secondary school in storm. Im not saying its the best, but im not really sure, so what is your opinion?

After playing through the game as a Balance wizard, I can safely say that the following is the best way to spend pips as Balance.

Death School
-----------------
Dark Sprite
Ghoul
Ether Shield (correct me if this is wrong name)
Banshee
Vampire
Skeletal Pirate
Feint

Those should be your first 7 training points spent. Wraith costs too many pips to be effective, and Doom and Gloom is only useful in pvp (pick it up if you pvp a lot).

Your last few are best spent like this.

Ice School
--------------
Frost Beetle
Snow Serpent
Volcano Shield (again, not sure on the name of the shield)
Evil Snowman
Tower Shield

With Tower Shield and Feint, you've got all the support you need for your main school, Balance. I don't think that Storm is all that good as a secondary because, by Mooshu, you'll be getting lots of power pips, and Storm spells will just take too long to use.

Hope I answered your question.

Duncan E.
Grandmaster Sorceror






Couldn't you go full death? The fact that Wraith uses 6 pips doesnt matter so much when you are using all the blades, traps, and shields that cost zero pips chances are that you will already have 6 pips by then. Thats how it was when i reached level 48 life/storm. I made a balance character ( still in krokosphinx ) and i think that wraith could still be useful and anyway what should we do with our spare training points if you are right? but whatever i guess i wont go full death unless i get the OK from a balance pro.

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
194
Re: Best secondary school for balance
As you travel up the spiral and get closer to master...you will be getting mostly power pips. This matters only at the higher levels because.....

If you have 7 power pips you can cast two (2) 7-pip spells from your school or just one from your secondary.

You won't be using the secondary spells very often.

Spend a few at Niles, the Balance Tree on the island in Krokotopia

0SMR0 hit the nail on the head with explanation of using some spells from death and some from ice. That will allow your balance wizard to make the big kills you need in Dragonspyre.

Good luck!

Survivor
May 22, 2009
26
Re: Best secondary school for balance
Thanks, I would really love to follow OSMAR'S ADVICE, but the fact that it takes 1050 crowns to sell back my training points isn't worth it. I will just see what i can do.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
9
Re: Best secondary school for balance
Gosh, I dunno. Personally, I think a balance/life wizard is best. I have a balance/life wizard named Esmee DawnWalker and I think shes awesome!!! I need healing ALOT since im only lvl 20. And yes, death does heal you but the fairy spell gives 400 health! Then, pixie heals over time. So for example, you are fighting a boss alone and he reduces your health to 317 out of 1,507. Pixie gives you 30. Next attack, he leaves you with 104. Your almost dead. So, pixie gives you 90 and you dont die. So, thats just personal opinion.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
125
Re: Best secondary school for balance
I went with Ice as my secondary for Balance being I get the Tower Shield. I look at it this way you get elemental minions and even your mander puts elemental traps on the foes. So why not have an elemental for your secondary? The fact that ice does not do as much damage as Storm it fizzles less than storm also and when you put the accuracy on for Balance than Ice will be doing 90% damage and not only that Balance does have Power Play card and the Mander does Donate Power spell so to get power pips for Balance is not very hard to even get spells like Wraith for Death.

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
144
Re: Best secondary school for balance
Cynical wrote:
As you travel up the spiral and get closer to master...you will be getting mostly power pips. This matters only at the higher levels because.....

If you have 7 power pips you can cast two (2) 7-pip spells from your school or just one from your secondary.

You won't be using the secondary spells very often.

Spend a few at Niles, the Balance Tree on the island in Krokotopia

0SMR0 hit the nail on the head with explanation of using some spells from death and some from ice. That will allow your balance wizard to make the big kills you need in Dragonspyre.

Good luck!




Um spells from niles are free cause they are balance lol. I see your logic so i will go with it but what should i do with my extra points that i get from zeke quests

Defender
May 15, 2009
197
Re: Best secondary school for balance
You don't pick a 'secondary' school; there is no such thing.

You train in spells, not schools.

Spells that develop your strategy should be your objective, not a school.