Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Secondary School for an ice mage?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 11, 2014
My main school is ice, and I'm wondering what the best secondary school for me would be. I want to go into storm, but I'm not certain if that's a wise decision. I don't really have any desire to PVP whatsoever and normally play in a group. (We already have a healer present in our group) Ive tried to find threads about this, but not many I've read have advice for those with ice as a main.

Thanks guys ^^

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
SilverElite on Oct 26, 2014 wrote:
My main school is ice, and I'm wondering what the best secondary school for me would be. I want to go into storm, but I'm not certain if that's a wise decision. I don't really have any desire to PVP whatsoever and normally play in a group. (We already have a healer present in our group) Ive tried to find threads about this, but not many I've read have advice for those with ice as a main.

Thanks guys ^^
Storm is not a good choice. You have no ability to boost it's accuracy and it will fail much more than not. (I made this mistake with my first Ice wizard and bought back training points.) I would recommend Life or Death. Life makes you virtually unstoppable and you don't need to depend on anyone else (who shouldn't be just healing everyone). Death is also okay, but you will not have the blade or trap to boost it's power). If you are going to choose either, train the Spirit blade [only] in Krok to boost damage.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Hello Silver,

The most popular schools for secondary are usually Death, Ice, and Life for their obvious beneficial spells.
Death for Feint, Ice for Tower Shield, and Life for Satyr.

The fact that you're an Ice and you have access to an active playing Healer, leaves only Death for Feint to boost your damage.

I would strongly disagree with anyone who suggests an Elemental based school as a secondary school due to the lower base accuracy; affecting you, negatively, in more than one way.

First, the lower accuracy will require you to focus on improving it, altering the way you gear out your wizard.
Secondly, your secondary school spells are learned in order to boost your main school's strengths, so if your secondary school spells are more damaging than your main, it is my opinion, you chose the wrong main school.

To use your example of the Storm school as a secondary, you would need to acquire gear with heavy accuracy boosting, for both schools, and potentially sacrifice a lot of damage boosting to your Ice school spells.

You will receive feedback with suggestions agreeing, or opposing the ones I share with you today, but in the end it's up to you to decide what will be most effective.

Just an FYI, I am Death school, and I choose not to use my secondary school(s) as an alternate form of damage as they will never hit as hard as my Death school spells.

Best of luck to you Silverelite,

Gabriel

Survivor
Oct 11, 2014
Thanks for the information guys. I think I'll go into life first, since it seems the most handy for keeping myself and the two people I play with alive. Is it possible to go into death as well, later, to get both Feint and Sayter so that I have the best of both schools as a compliment to my ice?

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
SilverElite on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the information guys. I think I'll go into life first, since it seems the most handy for keeping myself and the two people I play with alive. Is it possible to go into death as well, later, to get both Feint and Sayter so that I have the best of both schools as a compliment to my ice?
Life is usually good choice i suggest learn life to satyre, then death up to feint, if you get all the extra training points you can probably get the elemental blade from balance to boost your hits more then do with the rest what you will.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2013
i am fine with storm. i don't usually fizzle, i stick with my ice gear. besides don't train a school if you will only use one spell from it. also save your training points because you have ALOT of spells to learn after you hit 50

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
SilverElite on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
Yes; you can get both feint and satyr later. Depending on when you finish the Zeke quests, I would estimate you could start to have both at the same time during or after finishing Mooshu.

I love feint because ice wizards have lower damage and tons of health; the feint can heavily boost the damage you deal, plus your health and resist serves as a fallback when you get attacked with the 30% trap on yourself.