Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best second schools and why?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
i just want to know what everyone thinks the best second school for each primary school is.(ex i thing death is the best secondary school for ice because it can heal and attack)

why is this secondary school best for this primaryschool?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't really think of any school as my "secondary". Regardless of what school my wizard is I always train to Feint, to Satyr, to Tower Shield, to Fire Elf, Blades/Traps and Reshuffle, Damage boosts and Sharp/Potent, Various auras depending on school.

I still have 2-3 training points left over on all. I wouldn't call any of those schools my secondary. I use them as support schools. I don't think using outside school attack spells is really worth it, except in certain specific cases (clearing shields/weakness, keeping Belloq from cheating...) Your Primary school spells will always be better because of gear boosts.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
idk really, it just depends on type advantage and disadvantages

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
As a balance wizard, I consider death to feint essential, and once you get high enough you want all the sun damage boost spells. Everything else is optional. I will say training life to get healing spells seems silly when you get availing hands for free.

I do feel all wizards should figure out a way to shield against any damage type (except possibly balance, since tower shields are so hard to train). In addition to my elemental and spirit triple shields, I also have trained the 80% individual shields for death, fire, ice, and storm. I also have the myth/life double shield as a prerequisite for feint, so I have foregone training individual shields for myth and life. This gives me two different shields for every damage type (except balance).