Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
What do you guys think is the best school of magic? I think balance because:

-Shields to all schools
-Good damage and accuracy
-Only way to shield against it is tower shield
-Blades to all school (Good for blading teammates no matter what school they are)
-Healing spell (Helping hands)

And that's why I choose balance please post replies,

Thanks,
Angel, Storm wizard level 45 Alex LegendSword, Myth level 10 Angel DuneHammer, level 3 Balance

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
All the schools are the best.

Storm: Super high attack,Super low health, and low accuracy

Life: good health, low attack, high accuracy, and can heal

Balance: good health, ok attack, good accuracy, and can shield to every other school

Myth: ok health, good spells, ok acuracy, and can summon powerful minions

Ice: Super high health, super low attack, and ok accuracy

Death: good health, ok attack, good accuracy, and can attack and heal at the same time

Fire: high attack, ok health, ok aaccuracy, and can attack over time

As you can see, all schools have their strenghths and weaknesses meaning that no school is best.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
i guess each school has it's thing that makes it different :D - Amber Moonblossom level 32 death

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
pokemonplatdiampea... wrote:
What do you guys think is the best school of magic? I think balance because:

-Shields to all schools
-Good damage and accuracy
-Only way to shield against it is tower shield
-Blades to all school (Good for blading teammates no matter what school they are)
-Healing spell (Helping hands)

And that's why I choose balance please post replies,

Thanks,
Angel, Storm wizard level 45 Alex LegendSword, Myth level 10 Angel DuneHammer, level 3 Balance

tie
ice and storm

storm deals damage faster then ya can say lightningrod
ice shields so much they can be immortle

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
I like storm:
1. High Damage
2. I trained in ice to tower shield (and I obtained the volcanic shields as a secondary result)
3. I trained in life up to satyr so I have great healing, spirit shields, and sprites.

Though my storm isn't a very high level yet, he is my favorite by far. The defenses capabilities I trained him for are absolutely top notch in all situations I find.
Something great that ice or fire doesn't have, if people are fire, ice, or storm they tend not to have myth, death, or life shields and vice versa. So when someone uses a storm shield I use a converter into myth!
Another great benefit is that while my defensive capabilities are amazing, I can't focus on my defense all the time, but with a water elemental, I can focus on damage while my minion does nothing but shield and heal himself and occasionally taunts to make sure I'm not being attacked.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
i have tried mostly ice so far so i am biased but i think that balance is the worst. it has blades for all schools but they are weaker because of this and don't have their own blade to add to it but other schools can get it as a treasure card and use it as an extra blade, nit their main one. also, all the aoe spells are balance damage and if you are fighting a bunch of balance people, you need a bunch of specteral boasts and hydra's because you have no prisms.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I don't think any one is actually the best but I do find some more fun to play then others. My first wizard was life and I did get quite good at that, I like that I could kill and heal in fights, people always commented on how I was so multi purpose, like a Swiss army knife, helped a lot of people and she is my main wizard still.

I now have a high level storm and death and must say am having a blast with the death wizard and choose her to get though the game next, I used to bounce around but find playing one at a time now lets me actually get friends together better. I have boosted her school spells with blades and sun spells and she can get quite an attack going. On all my on going wizards I did not pick a secondary school so have all my training points accept the ones used to boost my school spells and that has been working quite well. It took me a while to hunt out everything that can benefit my school to make it the best it can be and I work on deck construction till i get a multi purpose set of cards that handle most fights.

I am sure I am like most, some schools you can relate to and play better then others but if you work at it no matter what school you choose it can get the job done. I do wish I had a slot for every school on my one account though.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2011
For me the best school is Myth. I tend to not play in game with people. Mainly because I get ignored. xD So I find it easier to beat the harder bosses by summoning minions to help me out.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Give it up with the best schools posts i seen millions of them and all i think they want is publicity.

Explorer
Sep 17, 2008
Hi all. I play Richard Spiritcaller - myth mage, level 27. I definitely like myth best, but that's just based on personal preference rather than game mechanics. Managing minions is fun for me and I also enjoy the atmosphere of the myth school itself... very strict and arrogant. It's super fun to play. :D

I only have two wishes: first, it would be cool if we had a minion spell that worked like the one in the death school, animate... a different minion for each pip that you put into it. And second, I'd like to be able to switch spots with my minion in battle somehow so that they take the brunt of the attack and I can focus on buffing/debuffing. lol

Survivor
Oct 28, 2010
Life, because its damiging spells are good and it can heal.
Alexandra Goldesong Level 35 ice