Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best level 85-90 Death gear

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
The question is in the title. I'm looking for the best hat, robe, boots, wand, athame, amulet, and ring (pet suggestions too) from drops, crafting, etc. In terms of actual stats I'm not looking for anything specific just overall best.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
The Onyx Rose on Mar 28, 2015 wrote:
The question is in the title. I'm looking for the best hat, robe, boots, wand, athame, amulet, and ring (pet suggestions too) from drops, crafting, etc. In terms of actual stats I'm not looking for anything specific just overall best.
here is what my death wizard had at that level:

hat: hangman's hood (waterworks dropped)
robe: hangman's cape (waterworks dropped)
boots: bright wing boots (azteca crafted)
ring: apocalypto ring (azteca/tartarus boss drop,)
athame: golden eagle's razor beak (azteca crafted)
amulet: barbarian philosopher's mark (avalon boss drop)
wand: misty mountain mandolin (lv 80 version, from some hoard pack or other)
pet: shadow beast with proof, defy, and sprite at epic

the only difference between then and now is that he has upgraded his robe and boots to the khrysalis (level 96+) crafted ones, in lieu of the level 100 elite gear from castle dread-more.

that being said, different play-styles require different stats.

for example, i was a solo player for many years and, as a result, i had my wizards forgo critical in favour of high resist and block; but what's best for me and my play-style is not necessarily what's best for you and yours. if, for example, you have a regular team of questing buddies to keep you alive, then defense might not be a top priority for you.

either way, best of luck!

-von
exalted

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
For level 90s I would expect full hades gear, get the offense set if your gonna be damage dealing death, and waterworks upgrade if your gonna be support death

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
from level 80 -89 water works gear from level 90- 99 hades gear for level 100 darkmoor gear

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Don't bother farming Hades. Not worth the effort. You'll want Mali gear at 100.