Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Death Pet

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 18, 2011
What is the best pet for a level 80ish necromancer in your opinion?
Leave your opinion bellow i need a new pet.

Ryan WindHunter level 82
Ryan IceBlade Level 51

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
A pet with increased attack, resist and power pip is key. Since you would be in early Azteca (I think), critical boost and block is essential. I have a Pegasus Pony that gives me +13 block.

Victoria ThunderCloud, Level 58 Necromancer

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
There isn't any single best pet. Any pet can work if it has good stats and talents. I like to have three damage talents (death dealer, death giver, pain giver), universal resist (spell proof), and two critical talents (death assailant and critical assailant). You could substitute a maycast healing talent for one of the criticals or maybe more resist depending on your preference.

Hope that helps

Moira Stormheart

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
My level 98 death has a few mega death pets. Winged Catastrophe is amazing, as is one of my Black Cats. I also have a Ghost Dragon, and a Wildwood Yeti. And a Crystalline Fossil.

It all depends on what you want out of your pet. Some of mine are critical and damage only, some are resist, while others are resist plus a heal. Hang out in the pet pavilion, check some death pets you see, and if you like one, ask if the person will hatch. I would be more than happy to hatch, probably later on in the week, after I get enough gold.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The best 1st generation Death pet by far is the Brainy Assistant. It's got excellent Death and regular talents.

Other than that one, it all depends on what you are looking for with the cards that come with pets and the talents that have been hatched into the pet.

Best thing is to click on various Death wizards to see what pet they have equipped.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
I'd say a Red Ghost, but any of the usual favorites like Rain/Death Beetles, Beasts, Death Sabertooth variants, and so on should be fine.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
As others have said, the particular combination of talents that you want will depend on your playing style and whether you are doing PVP, PVE solo, PVE teaming, or one of the tough dungeons. Do you want well-rounded, offensive or defensive, for example? Decide which talents best fit your needs and then try to get them all bundled together on a single pet.

As for which pet is best in itself...?

For great stats, Death talents and/or rare cards, try Deer Knight, Brainy Assistant, Ghost Dragon, Wildwood Yeti, Avenging Fossil, Red Ghost, or Winged Catastrophe.

My level 30 Death has an Enchanted Armament with Defender, Spell Proof, Critical Striker, and Death Assailant. A very kind death wizard freely offered to hatch his triple damage, double defense Armament with her Winged Catastrophe when she was just a noob at level 16. (Seriously, he was so nice! Just offered to hatch right out of the blue and even took Scarlet farming so she could earn enough gold to hatch.) Thanks to him she's now got an amazing pet!

My level 71 Death has a Penumbra Drake with three cards that are incredibly helpful. Death Trap at Baby, Death Scarab at Adult, and Red Ghost at epic. (The Red Ghost spell pops up a 25% Death damage bubble!) Her first generation talents are very good (I got lucky when training her).

The Penumbra's current talents include Critical Striker, Spell Proof, Death Dealer, and Dragon Blade (may cast).

I've been trying to get the Death Assailant and Defender talents onto the Penumbra but keep getting Enchanted Armaments with each hatching attempt. So, aside from building an evil army of deadly Enchanted Armaments, I haven't had much luck at reaching THE perfect Death pet. Still, I'm very happy with the pets I currently have.

Alia Misthaven, 116
Fallon Raven, 71
Scarlet Raven, 30