Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best astrial spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Hey I'm a balance/death wizard and i was wondering what is the best one cause i kinda want to now so i can save training points. i am a level 9 wizard an i want to get an early start.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
I think you should go for the star school because I love how it gives so much boosts and stuff over 4 rounds. Its very useful because it has lots of different abilities. It also looks pretty awesome.

The sun school is also a good choice because you don't have to wait that extra turn to get the effects of the spell. Like if your wizard was almost dead and the boss was almost dead, say you didn't have a spell quite powerful enough to finish the boss off, you could enchant your spell to make it stronger instead of casting Amplify and waiting. (And probably losing the next turn)

The last school, the Moon school. I really don' t think it's all that good. Sure everyone wants the excitement of changing into a Mander or something like that but its just not worth it. I think you will just be wasting your training points. Defiantly go to ether the sun or star schools.

I think I'm going to go to the star school.

Hope this helped!!!

- Mason MoonBlade
Master Thergist

If you are torn between the sun and star school, or want to get some star school spells right now, you can go to the bazzar place in Olde Town and buy some star treasure cards.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
AuraSphereRiolu on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:
Hey I'm a balance/death wizard and i was wondering what is the best one cause i kinda want to now so i can save training points. i am a level 9 wizard an i want to get an early start.
You must be a newcomer. Not good idea. Train up to Feint in the Death School and train up to Satyr in the Life School. Also the Balance School is on Krokosphinx and Arthur WeathersField is your temporary teacher.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
My Balance which is currently in Zafaria trained in the Sun spells which start at level 50 in Celestia Base Camp, then on Floating Land, though Colossus in Drum Jungle Zafaria, you don't have to take the accuracy ones to get just the fists. On my first wizard I trained out of school spells and dropped them in Mooshu when power pips were able to be added into my gear, being Life and soloing I did keep the Feint I trained.

Other wise she is pure Balance and has done fine. I do have the amulet of Feint (lvl 50) for now but I really only use that to buff a storm we have in our group.

I made sure I got all the extra free spells available to Balance also such as Reshuffle - secret trainer on Colossus Blvd and the tri blades and traps from Niles in Krocatopia. I also get the Stun Block from Diego on Unicorn way.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2012
All of them are good :). If you are the kinda person who loves trying new spells, and having an almost free transformation, MOON SCHOOL! If you are the person who likes boosts and a good strategy: STAR SCHOOL!
If you are an attacker who loves high damage and good accuracy, the answer is clear: SUN SCHOOL or amplify and infallible from star. lol.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
My style is Sun School. You can boost your spells PREcasting, they cost NO pips, you add damage to the spells which then takes advantage of boosts, plus when you use the sun spell AND cast a spell in the same round, you free up 2 slots to get new cards with without discarding. Star School I would say is my second favorite. Some good spells there that can add to damage, and only for you, so they're very effective, but unlike sun spells, you have to cast them.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Smorgasbord. Pick some from Sun, some from Star, and whatever you want on top of that from Moon. The goal is to get a well-rounded set of abilities. And don't forget that some polymorphs give you a massive health boost, which could be important if you find yourself at low health across from an enemy with full pips.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
For my balance, I trained death to feint, sun to colossal. :)

I did not train life since satyr and unicorn tcs are available in the libraries of different worlds :)

She also trained primordial, potent, sharpen, punishment and chastisement in Azteca.

She trained vengeance, infallible, fortify, and amplify of the star spells. I hardly ever use any of these and there are tcs for them. She has 17 training points left.

Situational: Because she runs with a storm hitter a lot of the time, she also trained mass storm prism.

If I soloed more, I think empowerment is not a bad idea.

Good luck to you and congrats on thinking so far ahead! :)

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I suggest going the Str spells from Sun School and the +pip aura from Star. Avoid moon spells in your build.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Sniper Rose on Apr 18, 2013 wrote:
You must be a newcomer. Not good idea. Train up to Feint in the Death School and train up to Satyr in the Life School. Also the Balance School is on Krokosphinx and Arthur WeathersField is your temporary teacher.
Balance has Availing hands and so doesn't really need the Satyr spell, but if you do train Satyr, make sure you have a life amulet. Spending 4 power pips on a satyr would be a terrible idea.

Sun school spells are great, especially Colossal for PvE, but Extraordinary and Cloak can be very handy in PvP too. Star school auras can be helpful too, but I tend to just carry the treasure card versions in my sideboard.