Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best advice for mid-Balance (Hollow Mountain)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2018
I've read lots of things about how Balance has problems soloing in the mid levels, etc. due to weak attacks. This is only true if you don't have a certain item. This item is, IMO, the single most game changing piece of dropped gear for any mid-level wizard.

It's the amulet from Hollow Mountain (Dalai Lamba's Harmony Vial): http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Dalai_Lamba%27s_Harmony_Vial#axzz58EWSKFsk

I was lucky enough to get this on my 4th run of the place, and its been a huge game changer. This gives you two awesome things: 1) A stackable 30% Balance Blade 2) A stackable 75% Feint trap.

This is a Balance only Amulet.

If you want you can even train Feint or get Feint from a pet as well to stack for super big attacks.

With this, you can kill all mobs in Marleybone with the 2 blades and a Whirlwind (except maybe some Balance mobs). You can also easily one-hit all the bosses in Marleybone with the Feint and your other blades, etc.

This is a big deal because without this you have to use 2 Whirlwinds to kill most mobs in Marleybone and you need at least 2 more pips if not 3 or 4 to one hit bosses with Judgement. This also lets you easily 1 hit Balance bosses with Spectral Blast.

Having this one amulet basically lets you kill in half the time, so yeah, its a big deal and well worth farming for once you finish Krokotopia.

This also gives you 4 blades you can stack on big hitters when teaming up, so it's a great piece of gear. I just got an exalted Death amulet off the secret boss in Olympus with the help of a high (but not max) level Death wizard in no small part due to being able to stack 4 blades, plus my Feint and his Feint and his blades and traps on the boss.