Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best 2nd School for Life Student

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 01, 2008
Hi everyone,
I'm a life student, level 37 and currently questing in MooShu. I was just wondering if I should trade back my Storm cards that I got with Training Points to Mr. Lincoln by the Golem Tower to get my Points back and re-consider which School to spend my points on. Which school, in your opinion, is the best 2nd school for Life students? Thank you so much for your opinions and time!
~Slushie3704
Amber Pixiefountain
Level 37 Magus Theurgist
:)

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Storm is my second school and I'm a Life student as well. It's a great choice because you have healing and very strong attacks.

Hero
May 19, 2009
well you should at least use 2 of those training points to buy spirit blade and trap. you can also train in death up to the fient spell

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I've noticed that it is best to second in the opposite of your school. Since you are life, I'd say it would be good to master the death school.

I'm a death wizard and I made the mistake of seconding in storm. I can't stand how it fizzles so much. And when I am up against a death enemy, it takes forever to kill it because I don't have the boost, which is life.

Well, like I said, go with death.

Good Luck!

Sophia MoonBright - Master Necromancer

Survivor
Feb 25, 2009
i am a life wizard as well, what i did was i trainded up to feint and then i went to ice because i LOVE to pvp :D

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I am a life/death wizard. Have to say I love it, it's a very powerful combination and since both schools have multiple healing spells it takes forever to bring me down. Death also has some of the best debuff spells along with powerful offensive capability's.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2009
I agree with AnnaWags, though not all the time you should go with you opposite, I am a ice wizard and have found storm very useful as a second school. Since ice is weak Storm boosts me, so i have great health and great attacks. I am not so much worried with accuracy, i dont have much but i do well with it. I say i have a B in accuracy, or C, Lydia may have marked me off for the many times i have fizzled Ice Collosus and Stormzilla 8) Anyways i do Suggest Slushie3704 you choose death as your second school, i do have a low life wizard and she chose balance as her second school, i regret doing that, she would of been much better off with death.
- Jasmine BlueGem Lvl 45 Thaumaturge
The Purifier

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
i am a level 45 life and i take death for my other school. i have got to the drake hatchery. :D i have seen many life storm other school. so i think death is a good choice. but that makes the myth shields your weakness :( :( :( :( :(

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
AnnaWags wrote:
I've noticed that it is best to second in the opposite of your school. Since you are life, I'd say it would be good to master the death school.

I'm a death wizard and I made the mistake of seconding in storm. I can't stand how it fizzles so much. And when I am up against a death enemy, it takes forever to kill it because I don't have the boost, which is life.

Well, like I said, go with death.

Good Luck!

Sophia MoonBright - Master Necromancer
thats a good idea to take death because you get the feint and some more healing attacks

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Life wizard here. I would choose death to feint, ice to tower shield, and then get the spirit blade/trap spells from Niles. This combo of spells really works well for a life wizard. Feint really helps out in Dragonspyre. I wouldn't use the secondary spells to attack though. With a blade that grants a free power pip I can usually cast centaur on round two of a battle. Why use a secondary school to attack when you can cast a 6 pip life attack on round two using power pips?
Thanks, Kieran Dragonflame

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
my dad has a life wizard and his secondary school is storm I suggest that for you. Because you will have healing spells and very strong spells

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
kith6227 wrote:
Life wizard here. I would choose death to feint, ice to tower shield, and then get the spirit blade/trap spells from Niles. This combo of spells really works well for a life wizard. Feint really helps out in Dragonspyre. I wouldn't use the secondary spells to attack though. With a blade that grants a free power pip I can usually cast centaur on round two of a battle. Why use a secondary school to attack when you can cast a 6 pip life attack on round two using power pips?
Thanks, Kieran Dragonflame

That's a really good idea! I forgot all about Niles as soon as I left Krokotopia. :-) I guess I'm gonna go talk to him after I get more Training Points!