Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

being scammed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
This guy in the commons randomly told me he was with Kingsisle.He said they we're giving away free crowns or 4 month memberships,he told me to port and he asked me to give him my username and password.I asked him if he had the Kingsisle support badge but all he did was keep on trying to change the subject so i reported him.Should have I or should I have not?

Administrator
Yes you most certainly should have reported that person, and thank you for doing so. We take the impersonation of a KingsIsle employee very seriously!

It's good community citizens like you who help keep the Spiral safe for everyone.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Professor he did more then just report him he also allowed Mr Lincoln see the irrevocable evidence to seal the case against the perpetrator.

so if new people are not aware of just how much information they are giving Mr Lincoln then they need to know that the report isn't just their word alone but the evidence of the chat as well.

i say kudos to that young wizard for being so brave to do this.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I was told this too, and I asked for the very same badge. Since we were in a 4v4, the person kept on saying, "After this match." and I said, it's equipped at all times." Then the person made up lies about having KI's phone number and such, but I didn't know if this was reportable, so now I know, thanks!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
hobi wrote:
Professor he did more then just report him he also allowed Mr Lincoln see the irrevocable evidence to seal the case against the perpetrator.

so if new people are not aware of just how much information they are giving Mr Lincoln then they need to know that the report isn't just their word alone but the evidence of the chat as well.

i say kudos to that young wizard for being so brave to do this.
I agree! Three cheers for the original poster!

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
Administrator
If someone claims they are a KingsIsle Employee - regardless of what excuse they give you - if they cannot show you the badge, report them immediately.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 30, 2010
Administrator
mollyisthebest wrote:
professor, where can i find a Kingsisle support if i was looking for one?

If you need to contact us about your account or a technical issue, you can do so through email to support@wizard101.com

If you need to contact us about billing, you can do so through email to billing@kingsisle.com

If you need to contact us regarding a game matter, you can do so through email to community@kingsisle.com and/or community@wizard101.com

If you see inappropriate chat in the game, please use the Report and Ignore buttons accordingly, but first read this thread about Reporting:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 30, 2010
i mean in game , people have the badge "kingsisle support" but where in game are they , and do they talk and give advice like the emailing the kingsisle support .

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:

If you see inappropriate chat in the game, please use the Report and Ignore buttons accordingly, but first read this thread about Reporting:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl

One of these days, when you have some time, please explain what inappropriate chat means. I keep getting different answers and have no idea what the rules are anymore.