Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Behavior in the commons sometimes Too much?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
I mean sometimes people really get on other peoples nerves It is irritating. For instance .... today I was in the commons getting something stitched when out of the blue a guy who is my around my level walks up to me and starts flirting I told him to go away and when he didn't stop had to ignore him then port home. Even after an hour of ignoring him and getting rid of it he still bothers me so I had to ignore him again. So. What's you guys opinions? 1. Fine by me 2. Annoying but I can deal with it. Or 3. NO way Jose! See Yah In The Spiral! Sophia Golden leaf

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
SophiaGoldenleaf on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
I mean sometimes people really get on other peoples nerves It is irritating. For instance .... today I was in the commons getting something stitched when out of the blue a guy who is my around my level walks up to me and starts flirting I told him to go away and when he didn't stop had to ignore him then port home. Even after an hour of ignoring him and getting rid of it he still bothers me so I had to ignore him again. So. What's you guys opinions? 1. Fine by me 2. Annoying but I can deal with it. Or 3. NO way Jose! See Yah In The Spiral! Sophia Golden leaf
It's an issue, but all you had to do was switch realms after ignoring him. And don't "unignore" those ignored. Problem solved.

I detest the Commons. I go through it as quickly as possible.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
SophiaGoldenleaf on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
Once my wizards are out of Wizard City I rarely deal with the commons accept to jet though to the Bazaar or fill vials in the Fair Grounds. Stitching can be done in every world in the Spiral.

So I guess I can say 2, annoying but I can deal with it by just not sitting around the actual Commons.

Back when the Commons were a little more likable I used to sit over by the tree across the lake and watch the wizards go by, I got to see the new gear, pets and mounts. Then slowly it became more and more drama. I don't play the game nearly as much now so I just sign off when done questing.

Mary

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I've seen some pretty vile behavior in the commons. So, like Mary, I do my best to avoid it like the plague, unless I'm on my way to the bazaar or Aquila/Waterworks.

In the scenario you described, Sophia, I would just ignore him and change realms. If he persists with lewd or adult language around the filters, then report him and let KI deal with it.

-von

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
The commons is a place every wizard can access straight from level one and for free.
Yes, it is going to be crowded.
And sadly there are weird people in this world.

But hey! All is not lost! The ignore button is your friend! Switch realms, ignore, and forget!

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
The commons can get to be a little full of weirdness, I agree. It really is of no consequence though -- I usually just fly through on my way to quests, pets, or Bazaar. Once in a while I stop and watch, as a kind of cultural anthropology observer would, to listen in on silly conversations. It has been a long time since someone tried to bother me, though. I keep friend request turned off in crowded areas, and usually that is enough to keep the annoying folks and beggars away. On the rare occasion someone starts to beg or to pester, I ignore them and change realms -- problem solved.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Um. I think you handled it wayyy too seriously. Loosen up a little? He was probably kidding.