Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beginner School?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2008
Hello, I am currently fairly new to Wizard101. I used to have a membership way back in the day. So I haven't played in a long time! Now I already know all the pros and cons of all of the schools. But I just want to know, what is a good, easy to learn class for a "beginner" to pick up. If you can answer that'd be great!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
DrBananapie on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
Hello, I am currently fairly new to Wizard101. I used to have a membership way back in the day. So I haven't played in a long time! Now I already know all the pros and cons of all of the schools. But I just want to know, what is a good, easy to learn class for a "beginner" to pick up. If you can answer that'd be great!
Since you know all the pros and cons, pick whichever you like best; you can easily delete it if it turns out you don't like that school.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Well i will tell you pros and cons and then you can decide based on that.

Pros: One of the most powerful schools. : Cons people say it is weak.
Pros: Great damage.:Cons low health and accuracy.
Pros: Highest health.: Cons weak attacks
Pros: Summons a lot of minions.:Cons people will most likely will reject .
Pros: Great healers and every one loves healers.: Cons weak attacks.
Pros: Has a bit of everything.: Cons i can't think of one but people think it is weak.
Pros: Good attacks and health.: Cons damages over time so you can die rather easy.
Hopes this helps.

Andrew DeathSword 38
Andrew SandSword 20
Andrew LifeSword 13

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
I'd say ice because with ice, you have a TON OF HEALTH and when i say ton I mean that I have a friend who is ice and level 71. He has about 6,000-7,000 health. The health gives you time to adjust to the enemy fighting style, instead of being immediatly killed. (that's storm for ya)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
DrBananapie on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
Go with Death

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I currently have both Fire and Death wizards. I like my Pyro and his Damage over Time spells (which are needed or are extremely helpful for some bosses). Also, while it's fairly weak, Fire has 2 healing spells that do both damage and healing at the same time (but is only a stopgap in case of emergency; beyond Marleybone, it's not really useful). The thing I absolutely LOVE about Death is the Hit and Heal aspect. With a little bit of boosting, you can do a lot of damage and gain back all of your health.

Defender
May 29, 2009
I think that for death, you need to have your mind adjusted to the games play style, so not a beginner school. I think the best you could go to is . Gameplay for ice is simple but usually effective, making it known to most as the tank of the game. It gets the best stats of all the other schools, and has the ability to have 100% resist to fire and storm. I think that ice is the best beginner school in the game.

Anthony Ashcatcher lv73