Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Be Wary Of Scammers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 05, 2011
Hello fellow wizards, this is my first topic and unfortunately it is a warning to every wizard out there.

I have been playing this game for 6 years and this is the first time something like this has happened to me so here it goes. I was in the commons and someone sent a request, a pretty high level, somewhere in the early 100's. I accepted him as I always do. A couple of minutes later he said something about him getting a promotion and being in a good mood, so he asked me if i wanted membership or crowns.

The moment he said this I was skeptical about his true motive, so i told him to gift me something instead, he simply ignored my message and kept on asking if i wanted membership or crowns, i knew this was something malicious but i kept on drawing information out of him.
I took pictures from our conversation and if you see people like this do not trust them. If it seems too good to be true than it probably is. The message we all read when we launch game that says "Do not give your account information" couldn't be more true. Also if someone asks for your facebook or any other social media i wouldn't recommend giving it to them.

Do NOT and i repeat, NOT give out your account information.
Thank you and see you in the spiral!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I totally agree. According to that conversation you had, it definitely sound like a scammer. People like that wants your account to steal your items, gold, crowns; maybe even your wizard because what you may have is better than theirs or they want to be down right mean. Don't even give away your true full name or any personal info about yourself. Be safe wizards!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I have intervened on several of these types of conversations. The Scammer will always tell me their offer is 'good' and for me to go away.

I type in all caps "DO NOT GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFORMATION" and other such phrases. Unfortunately, I've seen too many people fall for the lure of "FREE" membership, items, etc, even with my warnings. I report, but I'm sure it's too late for those who fell into the trap. Not only did they probably lose their account to the Scammer, they were probably banned after I reported they gave out their personal info.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You know, I believe most of us Veteran Players (Players who have been around for 6+ Years) have experienced or gone through quite a few experiences like the one you described.

The fact is, there will always be persons like this that exist in the game. Persons who want things handed to them and are willing to do anything to gain their way without little or no thought to other players.

What persons like this fail to understand is that there's an actual person with actual feelings behind the other side of the computer, not some robot you can manipulate without care.

It is upsetting when players try to harm others just to gain their way and as man of us has seen, it doesn't have to be physical as you can't take a pill to heal emotional pain as maybe a physical one.

Nevertheless, Kingisle has provided strict guidelines to adhere to with strong consequences if broken in an effort to better educate and protect their players, especially new and paying ones.

Be guarded Young Wizards.

Stay Safe.