Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Be nice to lucky explorers!

1
AuthorMessage
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
I am annoyed that high level wizards keep posting about low level wizards "attacking" Dragonspyre and Celestia. I am guilty for teleporting to worlds that I haven't unlocked yet, but it's only because I'm curious about them. Please, stop calling us names and try to ignore it. I bet a lot of you Grandmasters could rack your brains and find out that you did it at least once! Sorry if we disturb your regular course but we are just curious if the rumors are true about those worlds. Oh, and by the way, when me and my lv. 31 friend went to Celestia by teleporting to a friend we couldn't get out of the base camp. So we couldn't disturb you even if we wanted to!
Stop the madness,
Jasmine Stormblood

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
your definatly one of these ppl..... I dont care if you just explore, but they never just explore!!! sooner or later they're gonna outnumber us. They always mess up our battles, i dont care if you 47, your not 48 so get out.!!

Explorer
Mar 24, 2009
58
eggywig wrote:
I am annoyed that high level wizards keep posting about low level wizards "attacking" Dragonspyre and Celestia. I am guilty for teleporting to worlds that I haven't unlocked yet, but it's only because I'm curious about them. Please, stop calling us names and try to ignore it. I bet a lot of you Grandmasters could rack your brains and find out that you did it at least once! Sorry if we disturb your regular course but we are just curious if the rumors are true about those worlds. Oh, and by the way, when me and my lv. 31 friend went to Celestia by teleporting to a friend we couldn't get out of the base camp. So we couldn't disturb you even if we wanted to!
Stop the madness,
Jasmine Stormblood


I'm sorry, but I can honestly say that I never did this. If you're curious about the other worlds, get there on your own. That's what I did. The first time I went through with my fiancee and her mother, I was the one that got finished the game first. They were all excited when I unlocked a new area and they watched me play. If I ever came to a spot that I couldn't solo, I'd go around and ask people There's plenty of them there who were more than willing to help me out. Eventually I got to Malistaire's Lair and beat the game, not once porting to a level I didn't belong in.

I'll tell you why it angers us. I was fighting in Celestia on my storm character when a Level 12 player joined my fight. A Level TWELVE! IN CELESTIA! Another boss joined the fight. Sure enough, first round, one of them casts a meteor strike that criticals. Level 12 player is dead. Next round he flees and now I'm stuck in a 3 on 1. A few rounds later, I'm dead too. People like you make things harder on people like us. This is just like having a first grader do your calculus homework. They can't help and if they try they're just going to ruin things for everyone in the end.

KingsIsle should just have it be where if you try to port to an area you haven't unlocked yet, then Ambrose pops up and says "Sorry, you aren't able to go to that area quite yet."

Explorer
May 20, 2010
70
I'm sorry, but I can honestly say that I never did this. If you're curious about the other worlds, get there on your own. That's what I did. The first time I went through with my fiancee and her mother, I was the one that got finished the game first.

Thank you, me too ... except it was (and is) myself and my husband. He found the game and I thought it looked like fun, so I did my WC quests while he was at work one day so that I could get caught up to him. We have been playing together ever since, and we rarely friend people. We have quested with a few others in dungeons, but usually as soon as its done we disappear (lol)

So I really agree because as much as I know the low levels are just curious, I just cant stand seeing them in places that they havent earned ... but mostly because its just not safe for them.

PS - sorry for babbling

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
190
no offense GoCowboys but that is an aweful idea i mean i only in marleybone and that wouldnt be fair to other people that are only in wizard city i mean that would be rude because then people make fun of you if you have never been to celestia or dragonspyre or krokatopia and all the other worlds i mean that wouldnt even be fare to me because my friend is only lvl 12 because his parents dont let him get subscriptions because they have other things to pay for but anyways it wouldnt be fare to people that are like my friends parents now i not trying to make you mad but i just telling you something like my mom says: think before you write.... or in other words think before you say something..... like i listen to my mom but i just giving a comment on what you said

Destiny DeathBlade

P.S. that was also something to think about

Adherent
May 20, 2010
2902
The suggestion to not allow lower level wizards to go to higher areas has been made many times. It isn't going to happen because it's bad for business. Not allowing lower level wizards to see the higher worlds will discourage some from subscribing or from subscribing further.

I do agree that wizards who haven't unlocked a world should not be allowed to enter battles. They're welcome to run around and observe but shouldn't be able to actually engage the enemies or join a battle in progress.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
I'm not mad at low levels exploring, I am mad at low levels joining fights for reasons I cannot yet think of. So the low levels die in 2 turns and then were with another enemy.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
173
Explore all you want - just don't get anyone killed... Whichever wizard I play, when I friend a new lower wizard, I tell them the drill about porting to me - especially if it is Celestia. And I show the same courtesy to my higher friends when I am on my lower wizard. And for the most part I haven't had problems with friends abusing the port - and if they have, I just delete them from my list.

But my pet peeve about some lower wizards are those that explore the higher worlds, and then pick up the side quests that require fighting. So of course they are not equipped to battle. Then comes the constant cries for help. I love to help people... really do. But when I am trying to get my own stuff done and there are calls for help from a level 35 in Celestia - I'm thinking they shouldn't even be doing this. If they would just get through their own quests - they will be in Celestia soon enough on their own. :)

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Lenora LionHeart lvl 37 myth
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 22 death
Lenora DrakeMancer lvl 13 fire


Delver
Mar 18, 2010
260
I would ask lower level wizards to consider this, in Celestia upper level wizards have a hard time keeping themselves alive. This is in battles with other upper level wizards. If a lower level wizard brings in another enemy, dies or flees it can mean death for the other wizard(s). Enemies in Celestia throw upper level spells like candy in a parade.

Wanting to see Celestia is one thing. Running around joining random battles is another. The latter is what all those posts are about for the above mentioned reasons.

If you MUST go there ASK BEFORE porting and STAY with your friend. Asking BEFORE jumping into any battle is polite and will score you brownie points with other wizards. That applies to ANY world.

Megan

Explorer
Mar 24, 2009
58
Orbit100 wrote:
no offense GoCowboys but that is an aweful idea i mean i only in marleybone and that wouldnt be fair to other people that are only in wizard city i mean that would be rude because then people make fun of you if you have never been to celestia or dragonspyre or krokatopia and all the other worlds i mean that wouldnt even be fare to me because my friend is only lvl 12 because his parents dont let him get subscriptions because they have other things to pay for but anyways it wouldnt be fare to people that are like my friends parents now i not trying to make you mad but i just telling you something like my mom says: think before you write.... or in other words think before you say something..... like i listen to my mom but i just giving a comment on what you said

Destiny DeathBlade

P.S. that was also something to think about


Horrible grammar aside, what I take from this is it's not fair to you because your friends don't have subscriptions (in which case they couldn't help you anyway, because they can't access the levels). Well your friends are not the only other people playing Wizard are they? There are literally MILLIONS of other people on the game who'd be willing to help you out. That's how I beat the game my first time through with my Death character. When I got to a tough boss, I'd run around and ask people if someone could help me. Sometimes it took a while, but I eventually found someone nice enough to give me a hand. Sometimes they were grands (see? we're not ALL bad.) Sometimes they had the same quest. But I always got help from others in the Spiral.

There is no good excuse for level hopping. None. I don't care what excuse you give, it's not a good one. For one, it's cheating. Two, it makes things harder on those who put in the time and effort to get there.

Also, if your friends can't get a subscription from their parents, maybe they should get a job. Even if they're too young to get an actual job, they can mow lawns, get a paper route, something. A 6 month subscription right now is $49.99. That's 10 mowed yards at $5 a pop. That's it. 2 lawns every Saturday and Sunday and guess what? That puppy is paid off in 2 and a half weeks. (I know they'd still need a credit card, but if they gave the money to their parents, I'm sure they'd put it on their card.) Even if they didn't, many banks offer debit cards to teenagers (with parents consent of course) that they could use to access the game. $50 may sound like a lot to you, but trust me when I say it's not. 2 and a half weekends of hard work and then it's 6 MONTHS of Wizard. Once again, no excuses.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2009
5
I've been on both sides of the coin here. When i was a lower level i think i went into DS once lol but i would never venture into an area where there was a fight. Honestly lets say that there is a level 17 in DS which i have seen, honestly can you survive in fight after fight? At 17 kroktopia is somewhat problematic. So when a lower level enters a world far beyond their basic level why would you want to put yourself in a fight? You end up wasting time, mana and unless you join a fight with higher levels you are just going to die. Most of the high levels have their plans set out anyway and when a lower level joins into one of our fights it can mess things up a bit. If you want to look thats fine, but stay in the main zone.
Seth RavenBlood
GrandMaster Necromancer

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
712
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
your definatly one of these ppl..... I dont care if you just explore, but they never just explore!!! sooner or later they're gonna outnumber us. They always mess up our battles, i dont care if you 47, your not 48 so get out.!!


How do those "noobs" mess up your battles? If your entire fight depends on traps that may get used up by those "noobs" then you are doing something wrong and should reconsider your strategy.

No one says that you have to end up babysitting those "noobs" and prevent them from dying. If "noobs" happen to join me, I'd be happy for random company. It will end up either two ways. They will either end up helping me, or dying. Any of those two does not really affect me in the least.

So far, I am not aware that loot distribution is affected by added wizards in a fight. As far as I know, wizards don't ever "steal" your loot that you are aiming for. So, what is the real underlying problem?

I can understand someone being ticked at someone else using their trap if they are going for a record high damage number. But getting ticked because you cannot do that is rather... such a waste of energy, and such a trivial, superficial thing to even stress about.

I agree with our OP here.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
We are complaining about low levels joining battles in those high leveled worlds, I could care less if you explore.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2009
84
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
your definatly one of these ppl..... I dont care if you just explore, but they never just explore!!! sooner or later they're gonna outnumber us. They always mess up our battles, i dont care if you 47, your not 48 so get out.!!
I am almost to alot of places like that so i'm startin to have that happen but hey one of them might save your butt...think about it

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
588
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
588
Shiningfantasia wrote:
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
your definatly one of these ppl..... I dont care if you just explore, but they never just explore!!! sooner or later they're gonna outnumber us. They always mess up our battles, i dont care if you 47, your not 48 so get out.!!


How do those "noobs" mess up your battles? If your entire fight depends on traps that may get used up by those "noobs" then you are doing something wrong and should reconsider your strategy.

No one says that you have to end up babysitting those "noobs" and prevent them from dying. If "noobs" happen to join me, I'd be happy for random company. It will end up either two ways. They will either end up helping me, or dying. Any of those two does not really affect me in the least.

So far, I am not aware that loot distribution is affected by added wizards in a fight. As far as I know, wizards don't ever "steal" your loot that you are aiming for. So, what is the real underlying problem?

I can understand someone being ticked at someone else using their trap if they are going for a record high damage number. But getting ticked because you cannot do that is rather... such a waste of energy, and such a trivial, superficial thing to even stress about.

I agree with our OP here.


you dont no what they do. they go into your fight, wait for an enemy to come in the FLEE! you are obviously one of those people cuz ya dont agree with us,.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
27
I agree. Our curiousity is as great as their's once was. I have a friend who has a friend who can get in the "big worlds". She enjoys taking my friend because she's life and can heal. And my friend takes me, and I enjoy going, but I stay out of battles as mucha s possible. My friend as well.

We are all curious at some point in life. We're human! And this is just a game, something people stress over a little too much. Part of playing these games is getting a sneak peak at the worlds, leaving a mark and being able to port back with friends, and soemtimes just going to get inspiration to play up to that point in the game.

Besides, when are we going to be able to get past the bases, like the commons or the Oasis? I can understand why all the "esteemed high-level wizards" feel the way they do.

(I'm not a very high level, but this has happened and it was a little annoying.) I was over at my friend's house, and we were on wizard 101. We were in Krokotopia, Tomb of Storms, doing the challenge to get to Prince Aka Karanhan. Some lower-level wizard with like 600 health pops in with menu chat saying ridiculous things, like "This might be too risky" or "I need health" but he didn't leave. It was annoying and we kinda were frustrated, but we didn't do anything about it.

And another time, in the sunken city, my friends and I were battling some wraiths when one guy who was my friend popped in. I think he wasn't very low, but I was stronger, way stronger, and he kept saying "I got the Boss" rapidly and the boss was the same element as him! (no strategy, sheesh!) This is an example of what angers the higher level wizards.

Think about it like this: The world is split into three parts; Those that intrude rudely, those that explore innocently, and those that help innocently. Which group do you think most of us fall in?

Fallon MoonDust, Adept Sorcerer

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
296
Adapt and conquer. People complain too much anyway. Sorry, that's just my opinion.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
160
Yes, I admit, I HAVE ported once or twice, but I would NEVER JOIN A BATTLE. Though, no one that's a low level has joined my battle yet, I know how it feels- so low levels, a message to you all- ASK BEFORE JOINING!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
588
glade8er wrote:
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
your definatly one of these ppl..... I dont care if you just explore, but they never just explore!!! sooner or later they're gonna outnumber us. They always mess up our battles, i dont care if you 47, your not 48 so get out.!!
I am almost to alot of places like that so i'm startin to have that happen but hey one of them might save your butt...think about it


how would they save you???? the only thing noobs can do is get you killed!!!!

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
296
So, NONE of you NOOB complainers were ever noobs? You didn't just jump into battle because it just seemed the thing to do? You didn't transport to places where you might not have been ready/welcome just because you wanted to "see what it was like"? Sure, it can get aggravating. But I try to think of the low-level players like I would my baby brother. Annoying, but lovable. I try to take the low-levels under my wings and give them the benefit of my knowledge. Maybe they CAN save your behind. Have you tried it yet? I mean, allowing a NOOB to help you with a boss? I have; I forget which one, but I remember we won.
The sooner people stop complaining about things that can't be changed, the sooner everyone can get to playing the game.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
712
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
Shiningfantasia wrote:
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
your definatly one of these ppl..... I dont care if you just explore, but they never just explore!!! sooner or later they're gonna outnumber us. They always mess up our battles, i dont care if you 47, your not 48 so get out.!!


How do those "noobs" mess up your battles? If your entire fight depends on traps that may get used up by those "noobs" then you are doing something wrong and should reconsider your strategy.

No one says that you have to end up babysitting those "noobs" and prevent them from dying. If "noobs" happen to join me, I'd be happy for random company. It will end up either two ways. They will either end up helping me, or dying. Any of those two does not really affect me in the least.

So far, I am not aware that loot distribution is affected by added wizards in a fight. As far as I know, wizards don't ever "steal" your loot that you are aiming for. So, what is the real underlying problem?

I can understand someone being ticked at someone else using their trap if they are going for a record high damage number. But getting ticked because you cannot do that is rather... such a waste of energy, and such a trivial, superficial thing to even stress about.

I agree with our OP here.


you dont no what they do. they go into your fight, wait for an enemy to come in the FLEE! you are obviously one of those people cuz ya dont agree with us,.


I can understand that. I kind of forget that people and little kids do that. Now that this was said, I think I do actually remember some incident like this in the past, years ago. (I play off and on.)
I consider myself well mannered enough, and I do not do that. So, I definitely do not think I am one of 'those' people.
But, you don't have that happening during single mob boss fights, such as the Gurtok Demon.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
11
Aye...I agree with all of you. My one friend, likes how lower levels can go to new worlds. She likes me to level up my "newbie" character. Of course you get yelled at and people start raging but it is worth it.

Anyways onto the point. Instead of just joining a battle ask the person, "Can I join you?" Instead of walking right in. I remember being on my grand that people would walk on in., wait for something to come in and then flee! Just ask and they won't even bother yelling at you. Maybe you will make a new friend too!

A way to solve this problem is King Isle could add a, "Let this person join?" button. So if like someone tries to walk in, the first person in the battle would get, "Let this person join?" I know it is a stupid idea but I agree with it.

"Even though we fizzle, our spells still sizzle"

GrandMaster
Benjamin

Defender
Dec 08, 2010
101
i have only been to celestia beacause a friend ASKED ME to help him there! and i am a little curious about that place.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
251
This is my idea. I think low levels can run around Celestia, but KI should ban them from battling. For example, They run in the middle of where the enemies walk around, they won't get pulled. Or if someone is battling and they run into their battle, they won't join. Please reply and see if you like this idea

1