Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Battle Potions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 24, 2011
Since there is no likelihood of combat while I am running around the shopping district or in Olde Towne or on the Commons etc. I would respectfully request that KingsIsle technical wizards stop the timers on my costly battle potions. I appreciate that the exp potion or certain other potions may need to keep counting down, but I feel that you are needlessly running the timer just to get more crown purchases. While I dont object to buying crowns, I do hate to see my hard earned money wasted.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Elldur1 wrote:
Since there is no likelihood of combat while I am running around the shopping district or in Olde Towne or on the Commons etc. I would respectfully request that KingsIsle technical wizards stop the timers on my costly battle potions. I appreciate that the exp potion or certain other potions may need to keep counting down, but I feel that you are needlessly running the timer just to get more crown purchases. While I dont object to buying crowns, I do hate to see my hard earned money wasted.

I must be missing something here. What are the "timers on your costly battle potions" that keep running down?

If you mean the "Plus" numbers that keep appearing on your screen, this is the "health potion" bottle being "refilled" automatically. It isn't counting down.

Did I mis-understand your comment?

Survivor
Jan 24, 2011
When you buy a battle potion, such as an elixir of vengeance, a little potion bottle appears on the screen above your health points. There is a timer in that little bottle that indicates the remaining duration of the effects of the potion. This timer counts down from 60 minutes or 30 minutes depending on the type of potion you take (e.g. battle potion, major battle potion) This countdown continues whether or not i am in an instance or out in the commons area where there is no likelihood of battle. This is what my concern revolves around. I would like to see the timers on potions for battle stop counting down when I am outside instances, such as while selling and buying stuff at the bazaar. I think this is a reasonable suggestion.