Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Band References?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
Ok so i was questing on one of my other characters who was in mooshu and i noticed two quests. Blue Oyster Cult. And Smells like spirit.

And i noticed well the first one of course was the Blue Oyster Cult Band. And then smells like spirit. Reminded me of smells like teen spirit from the famous grunge band Nirvana( My Favorite Band btw).

So to all readers have you guys encountered any references to bands or any other kind of references from quests??

And to Any admins or programmers are these like your favorite bands?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
892
These are found all over the spiral. The game designers added some subtle humor which is probably unnoticed by a good percentage of the younger players. My favorite is in the pet area where you have the "Pet Shop Boys & The West End Girls" next to them. I laugh every time I see it. :D

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2637
thorvon65 wrote:
Ok so i was questing on one of my other characters who was in mooshu and i noticed two quests. Blue Oyster Cult. And Smells like spirit.

And i noticed well the first one of course was the Blue Oyster Cult Band. And then smells like spirit. Reminded me of smells like teen spirit from the famous grunge band Nirvana( My Favorite Band btw).

So to all readers have you guys encountered any references to bands or any other kind of references from quests??

And to Any admins or programmers are these like your favorite bands?


Every one of Zeke's quests are named after a real life band:

The Smiths
Beetles
Stray Cats
Blue Oyster Cult
The Stone Roses
The Yardbirds
The Troggs

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
435
+1
Nice. 8)

I can't believe I missed all those... I may have to take my blinders off.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2637
And as someone else posted in another thread...

The quest "The Final Countdown" may be a nod to the band Europe.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
346
kingurz wrote:
And as someone else posted in another thread...

The quest "The Final Countdown" may be a nod to the band Europe.
I thought it was a spongebob reference......

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
kingurz wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
Ok so i was questing on one of my other characters who was in mooshu and i noticed two quests. Blue Oyster Cult. And Smells like spirit.

And i noticed well the first one of course was the Blue Oyster Cult Band. And then smells like spirit. Reminded me of smells like teen spirit from the famous grunge band Nirvana( My Favorite Band btw).

So to all readers have you guys encountered any references to bands or any other kind of references from quests??

And to Any admins or programmers are these like your favorite bands?


Every one of Zeke's quests are named after a real life band:

The Smiths
Beetles
Stray Cats
Blue Oyster Cult
The Stone Roses
The Yardbirds
The Troggs


Wow that's cool I didn't see it lol. Of course I knew the beetles and the Blue Oyster Cult. But I didn't know those were bands.

Yea I started looking back at a lot of them because I saw that and then the smells like spirit quest. Because of course nirvana is like always ftw.

Champion
May 03, 2011
447
"Pet Sounds" Beach Boys album--first trip to Pet Pavilion
"Stone Free"--Hendrix tune, I think a DS quest
"Are You Experienced" More Hendrix--Krok Quest in Grand Arena

I've noticed more along the way, but can't remember them all. It's one of the subtler pleasures of the game for someone who likes classic rock :-)

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
173
Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
I think there was a quest called Muddy Waters and he was one of the guys that founded rock and roll o.o?

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
34
the quest for the lvl 48 fire school spell is shard trek a take of of star trek

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
520
Here is a few I can remember:

No Quarter- Led Zeppelin
Appetite for Destruction- Guns and Roses
Dark Side of the Moon- Pink Floyd
Stone Tower Pilot- reference to Stone Temple Pilots
Light my Fire- The Doors
Wizard in the Mist- reference to Gorillas in the Mist?

Just a few, I'm sure I have missed a ton of cool references.