Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance. . . What a joke. . .

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 26, 2012
105
Ok Goldendragon18 I do agree we do need better shields, but other then that it is a balanced school, it had everything except shields for it own school, KI should think about changeing this.
~JohnDragoncatcher Lv. 85 Sorcerer~

Explorer
May 02, 2011
71
Lol did u get one and a million badge did u thank the balance that helped or were. U just owned in pop cause of one o maybe u are UNBALANCED! So u complain about us being way better then u OR probably were fail gear u know what for now on no balance should help this noob

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
206
kohner00 on Oct 7, 2012 wrote:
I think you just got defeated by a Balance in PvP. Fire? The most balanced school? You almost made me laugh. The most Balanced school WOULD be Balance because each school has a specialty. You must be joking. Fire.

-Gtafreak101
None offense taken- I'm a pyromancer. But I do agree with you. As Awesome as Fire is, Balance is balanced.

Bailey Skullvault

Survivor
Sep 22, 2012
7
LOL people who say balance is underpowered at low level have clearly NEVER ranked on that school at low level. Seriously? Both triple shields by level 10, judgement by level 28 and if you do the leveling correctly you can get balance blade and blade storm by level 28 as well. Still think they are unbalanced? They are ridiculously overpowered at a lower level, you get a full pip judge with two blades in ranked it is near unbeatable . And fire being the most balanced? LOL. So what would you say if they went against an ice with 70 ish resist in upper level pvp. Fire is strong, doesn't necessarily mean its the most balanced school. I think balance is one of the strongest schools in my opinion, unpredictable, i know i am talking about this from a ranked point of view but i say anyone that thinks they aren't really need to try low level ranked with a balance.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
59
I know you arent saying balance is weak but it is balanced. without it, where would you get spirit shield or spirit blade or elemental blade or shield? i'm a lvl 73 balance wizard and i dont like seeing people say: "balance is weak" i've proven to people its not but still! it annoys me I:I:I:I:I:

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
9
cowstastegood on Dec 1, 2012 wrote:
Fire is one of the most balanced schools because almost every school has a DoT.
life recently got a dot, spiny. death has skeleton dragon. fire has lots, to name one fire dragon. storm definitely does not have a DoT yet. balance definitely does not have a DoT yet. myth has basilisk. ice has snow angel. i really would like balance to have a DoT, we are balance, we should get a piece of the fire school, i think.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
102
vonawesome1 wrote:
I won't lie, Balance is pretty... uh, unbalanced. It lacks several crucial abilities that the other schools have, which makes it very hard to play before level 60.

That said, what makes a powerful wizard is knowing your limitations. I have an archmage Balance wizard~ she can't hit as hard as my Death or Storm, and, some days, I'm pretty sure that even my level 34 Life wizard could outhit her. But I've made the best of the situation, learned how to maximize the skills that she does have, and she's a tough little cookie; that said, it does take a very-specific personality to play a support-school well, and I don't have it.

/my 2 cents.

El Veeb/Shadowsong/Deathwhisper
archmage sorceress & necromancer
Interesting viewpoint.

I am finally working my Balance up. I'm in the low 50s and I am continually surprised at just how easy it is to run Balance. Surprisingly good power, lots of options, does well solo or in teams.

Well, everyone knows about the teams part. It seems very few poeple actually take the time to learn to run a Balance Wizard solo. They say things like "Support Class" and leave. Nothing wrong with that, but if you won't study a subject, you can hardly expect to be an authority on it.

Just because Balance is able to help all the other schools does not mean that is its only purpose. And I was impressed with how Balance attack strength tended to track quite evenly with the monsters as I progressed through the quest line. With my Life, I remember usually being just shy of a one-hit-kill in almost every battle until I was able to start getting Balance and Dragon blades on my gear.

Balance one-shots the enemy almost every time, and without a lot of effort. I have been pleasantly surprised and suitably impressed. Just as the street fights start to edge toward being bigger than a Balance one-shot hit, Balance gets a new spell. It's like they planned it this way or something.

The more schools I run, the more I realize that each school's supposed weaknesses actually turn out to be the player's weakness. They, for one reason or another, do not see (or perhaps simply do not value) the strengths that particular school provides.

The problem isn't the school. The problem is they can't relate to the school.

Once again, "better" and "worse" turn out to be judgements, which only apply to the person making the statement.

Which makes the statement itself kind of silly, really. But I digress.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard, Pixie Realm

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
599
I don't think it is. I'm a balance and I couldn't imagine myself in any other school. Unbalanced?? We not only have balance power spells, but we can get all other powers from our spells too. (Except astral, but thats not Ravenwood) Our sheilds and traps can count for any damage. Our armor could help defend ourselves from any school, and we have a greater chance of winning against our own school, cause we use other powers. Now, you tell me if thats unbalanced

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
27
PersonOfLife on Jan 1, 2013 wrote:
What a joke?????? Balance can heal, can kill, can boost as well! For all schools! I think you are very very very very wrong, sir!!!!!! Hmph. Hmph. This is the meanest thing I've heard.
--Ashley Deathflame, Balance, Level 60 (angry!)
Well there were a ton of posts i agreed with the one i quoted just being one,but really balance is less balanced than fire wow.....I have nothing to say but i completely DISagree ,with you and since most of the reasons saying why that opinion is VERY wrong have already been wrong,I'll say if you think balanced is unbalance your probably just upset balance creatures defeated you(gosh even me a balance can kill them) or you never played a balance.Note those are just my thoughts,but really I'm very angry too,what you said about sorcerers was mean.Maybe its not the most balanced school idk it depends on who you ask,but it is definitly not as balanced as fire.

Scarlet Silverhunter
lvl 61 Sorcerer
and completly proud of it

A man who is "of sound mind" is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key. ~Paul Valéry

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
378
Hello guys! I'm not here to argue so much on the fact if the Balance School is balanced or not, but more to what was said in the original post. One thing, I believe we all must understand is that different schools excel in different things. That's what makes the game so interesting. I believe that what matters the most in a school is not the balance of it, but more of how it fits in the big picture. Even if it is only a game, every school has its own purpose and place in it. Please do not underestimate the Balance School, for it may show you what true power it really holds.
~Shannon Skybreaker

Explorer
Feb 10, 2009
54
There are some things that could be improved upon balance school I suppose, but I really like balance the way it is. Balance isn't balanced? I think it's pretty balanced. High health, pretty high crafted resist gear, school heals with chances of more criticals, and decent attacks. Sure the damage isn't the highest, but the sharpened blade/trap spell can make hits even higher. I'm currently in Mangrove Marsh in Azteca and haven't had much issue with not being able to hit high enough. I just kept hitting often and went through fine.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
59
NEVER underestimate Balance. Balance us powerful in many ways, it just needs a little work.
Balance balances the Ravenwood schools, I am pretty good at pvp and so are other Balance Wizards. Judgement has Got to be the best spell in the game. I could beat anyone with it. :P

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
253
toddthree on Oct 10, 2012 wrote:


I believe this thread should be retitled to "This.....is all a joke"

Least balanced school? balance is an advanced school; just like death; and is a combination of every school. you started this thread with out knowing about balance whitch is kinda insulting to Sorcerers.

Balance is balanced because it uses all the abilities of the other schools to its advantage while still using its original talents. In other word, a school on harmony.

Fire, rofl, is not balanced at all. They focus on one source of magic that is based on emotion and can burst out of control at any minute.

Pyromancers are supposed to be very powerful, but have quick tempers. Sorcerers on the other hand are powerful in that they can use other school damage spells at their advantage, also they are supposed to be broad-minded, and in their mind everything deserves consideration.

And how can you be storm and call balance the most unbalanced school?

I agree with MOST of what you say, but that part about storm feels like an insult...

Survivor
Nov 16, 2010
6
i think they maid balance on purpose to just be mean it is just a.... joke i mean fire is the balance like some people have said and yes it is my favorite i mean balance is just a joke

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
83
fireshot432 on Mar 14, 2013 wrote:
i think they maid balance on purpose to just be mean it is just a.... joke i mean fire is the balance like some people have said and yes it is my favorite i mean balance is just a joke
oh. my gosh. i can not belive you just posted that. i'm furious at what you just said. Balance? a joke? how dare you call us a joke! you know who the real joke is? you, for ever even thinking about posting this. Another thing. Fire is the balance? your joking. you have got to be joking. Fire is an awesome school but its not the balance, Balance is. why do you have to call us a joke? what in the Spiral did we do to you? Balance was not created because KL wanted to be mean. thats obsured. the only joke on here is........ you

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 87 Balance~ over and out

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1305
fireshot432 on Mar 14, 2013 wrote:
i think they maid balance on purpose to just be mean it is just a.... joke i mean fire is the balance like some people have said and yes it is my favorite i mean balance is just a joke
Really? Wow.

Misspelling and formulating a cohesive statement aside, then you have not had the experience of other schools other than Fire (apparently).

Each school is unique in it's own way. Some will like a particular school more than another. It's just the way it is. To anyone who is trashing schools, you're just being obnoxious and rude, and have NO clue about what each school can do.

Fire is the balance? HA HA HA

Survivor
Feb 26, 2013
23
NeoNebula17 on Oct 7, 2012 wrote:
I think that Balance is really the least balanced school. Not saying that it is the worst, just the least balanced. It specializes in utility. That is it. The REAL most balanced school? It is likely to be Fire. Not saying that it is my favorite, because my favorite is Storm. To be the most balanced school, they are not particularly good nor bad at anything. They also have to have unique moves(in this case, Immolate).
By the way, all of the other schools have weaknesses like life is weak to death, death is weak to life, fire is weak to ice, ice is weak to fire, storm is weak to myth, myth is weak to storm, but balance doesn't have any weaknesses.
Storm can have great attacks but it has not a lot of health. Ice has weak attacks but can take a lot of damage.
Balance would be the most balanced school because it has no weaknesses and it is pretty effective at killing enemies, too.

By the way, I am a Balance Wizard and that is why I picked Balance because it has no weaknesses.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4956
rainbowdashthe1st on Mar 16, 2013 wrote:
By the way, all of the other schools have weaknesses like life is weak to death, death is weak to life, fire is weak to ice, ice is weak to fire, storm is weak to myth, myth is weak to storm, but balance doesn't have any weaknesses.
Storm can have great attacks but it has not a lot of health. Ice has weak attacks but can take a lot of damage.
Balance would be the most balanced school because it has no weaknesses and it is pretty effective at killing enemies, too.

By the way, I am a Balance Wizard and that is why I picked Balance because it has no weaknesses.
You have it completely opposite. Life has a BOOST to Death, Death has a BOOST to Life, etc.
And Balance does have weaknesses, all schools do. Balance vs balance can be a big weakness depending.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
8
NeoNebula17 on Oct 7, 2012 wrote:
I think that Balance is really the least balanced school. Not saying that it is the worst, just the least balanced. It specializes in utility. That is it. The REAL most balanced school? It is likely to be Fire. Not saying that it is my favorite, because my favorite is Storm. To be the most balanced school, they are not particularly good nor bad at anything. They also have to have unique moves(in this case, Immolate).
I do agree balance is not really balanced but if used correctly it can be very powerful your thinking about all the down sides whereas there are many advantages to the school and it can be extremely useful if you need help in battle but this school cannot solo very well I would know I have soloed almost every school balance if with a person unstoppable alone easily defeated

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
5
PersonOfLife on Jan 1, 2013 wrote:
What a joke?????? Balance can heal, can kill, can boost as well! For all schools! I think you are very very very very wrong, sir!!!!!! Hmph. Hmph. This is the meanest thing I've heard.
--Ashley Deathflame, Balance, Level 60 (angry!)
Rofl

Quinn Legend - Magus conjurer

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012
5
Crystaleyes234 on Mar 10, 2013 wrote:
NEVER underestimate Balance. Balance us powerful in many ways, it just needs a little work.
Balance balances the Ravenwood schools, I am pretty good at pvp and so are other Balance Wizards. Judgement has Got to be the best spell in the game. I could beat anyone with it. :P
Tempest is about the same because it hits everyone, but yeah.

Quinn Legend - Magus conjurer

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
20
NeoNebula17 on Oct 7, 2012 wrote:
I think that Balance is really the least balanced school. Not saying that it is the worst, just the least balanced. It specializes in utility. That is it. The REAL most balanced school? It is likely to be Fire. Not saying that it is my favorite, because my favorite is Storm. To be the most balanced school, they are not particularly good nor bad at anything. They also have to have unique moves(in this case, Immolate).
There is nu such thing as 'Most Balanced or Least Balanced' school but you cannot prevent from getting hit by a Balance spell unless
  • -50 shield for any school
  • Resist
  • Dispel (I think)
  • -(Anything) for any school
Fire does have some really cool spells along with Ice. Life is ... Life! :D Where you can heal people for the most part, and they do have some really sick spells to along with Myth and Storm. Death is a really cool school because it gives you some of your quests and you can actually find out where the Death school is. So I think they all are even and all the same.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
601
Your joking right? Balance- the least balanced school? Noooo way... Its in the name! It's a little of everything, which is good. It has blades for every school which is awesome and handy. Shields for every school, awesome. Balance is a handy school. In pvp, I find it the most helpful. I think you better reconsider balance... It's great when you get to know it. TRY IT!!!!!!

Survivor
Feb 26, 2013
23
RavenLady777 on Mar 16, 2013 wrote:
You have it completely opposite. Life has a BOOST to Death, Death has a BOOST to Life, etc.
And Balance does have weaknesses, all schools do. Balance vs balance can be a big weakness depending.
No other school can do boosts on it though.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
305
Myth has been since the grandmaster days and as I have always said, they are the most balanced school.