Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
Okay so I think that Balance shouldn't be thought of as the supporting school. I am balance. Honestly, I sometimes like helping people out but I would much rather prefer to solo a dungeon if I can because other people mess up the game most of the time.
So yes we do have a lot of shields in blades but that makes us better. We can be defensive and offensive at the same time and blade stack. On an average battle against a 7,000 health boss in Dragonspyre, I think I do better than storm. I can do 2,000 damage with only three power pips and a few blades. Think of what I can do with more blades, traps, and pips.
Also balance has tons of health.
You may think our health is the only that keeps us going but I find more ice struggling with battles than balance, and they have even more health.
And come on, we get our first multi-attack spell at level 16 and we get our first x pip spell at level 28. Can't beat that!
And our special judgement card has the third strongest damage per pip second only to fire and storm.
People think balance is weak and nobody likes it because we always need someone to help us out but that's not true.
Most people who try balance only last like a week and they decide it is terrible but you have to wait and see because I think balance is the strongest school.
Have you ever played grub guardian, another fantastic King's Isle game? Well the balance guardians attack once and it completely demolishes every enemy in a row. It is hard to explain but balance sets off a chain attack and completely destroys the enemy.
Also you wouldn't find going against balance in PVP very easy because of the weakness spamming from us and our minions also we have black mantle.
Okay so anyways balance can be whatever it wants to be it doesn't have to be a supporting school, we aren't weak, and soloing is easier for us than storm and fire, which are thought of as the strongest school.
Okay bye thanks for reading
Myrna Dragoncloud

Survivor
Jan 28, 2011
9
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
Okay so I think that Balance shouldn't be thought of as the supporting school. I am balance. Honestly, I sometimes like helping people out but I would much rather prefer to solo a dungeon if I can because other people mess up the game most of the time.
So yes we do have a lot of shields in blades but that makes us better. We can be defensive and offensive at the same time and blade stack. On an average battle against a 7,000 health boss in Dragonspyre, I think I do better than storm. I can do 2,000 damage with only three power pips and a few blades. Think of what I can do with more blades, traps, and pips.
Also balance has tons of health.
You may think our health is the only that keeps us going but I find more ice struggling with battles than balance, and they have even more health.
And come on, we get our first multi-attack spell at level 16 and we get our first x pip spell at level 28. Can't beat that!
And our special judgement card has the third strongest damage per pip second only to fire and storm.
People think balance is weak and nobody likes it because we always need someone to help us out but that's not true.
Most people who try balance only last like a week and they decide it is terrible but you have to wait and see because I think balance is the strongest school.
Have you ever played grub guardian, another fantastic King's Isle game? Well the balance guardians attack once and it completely demolishes every enemy in a row. It is hard to explain but balance sets off a chain attack and completely destroys the enemy.
Also you wouldn't find going against balance in PVP very easy because of the weakness spamming from us and our minions also we have black mantle.
Okay so anyways balance can be whatever it wants to be it doesn't have to be a supporting school, we aren't weak, and soloing is easier for us than storm and fire, which are thought of as the strongest school.
Okay bye thanks for reading
Myrna Dragoncloud
Weakness spamming is the correct term for what balance does in pvp. Its called lore spamming. Balance pvp motto "when in doubt lore it out." you have to deal with all the negative effects of lore but still if you think thats bad go up against a juju spammer you will rip you hair out in frustration. Oh and in grub guardian balance guys are good until you get and avalon guardians.

Thomas Icethief lvl90

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
Okay so I think that Balance shouldn't be thought of as the supporting school. I am balance. Honestly, I sometimes like helping people out but I would much rather prefer to solo a dungeon if I can because other people mess up the game most of the time.
So yes we do have a lot of shields in blades but that makes us better. We can be defensive and offensive at the same time and blade stack. On an average battle against a 7,000 health boss in Dragonspyre, I think I do better than storm. I can do 2,000 damage with only three power pips and a few blades. Think of what I can do with more blades, traps, and pips.
Also balance has tons of health.
You may think our health is the only that keeps us going but I find more ice struggling with battles than balance, and they have even more health.
And come on, we get our first multi-attack spell at level 16 and we get our first x pip spell at level 28. Can't beat that!
And our special judgement card has the third strongest damage per pip second only to fire and storm.
People think balance is weak and nobody likes it because we always need someone to help us out but that's not true.
Most people who try balance only last like a week and they decide it is terrible but you have to wait and see because I think balance is the strongest school.
Have you ever played grub guardian, another fantastic King's Isle game? Well the balance guardians attack once and it completely demolishes every enemy in a row. It is hard to explain but balance sets off a chain attack and completely destroys the enemy.
Also you wouldn't find going against balance in PVP very easy because of the weakness spamming from us and our minions also we have black mantle.
Okay so anyways balance can be whatever it wants to be it doesn't have to be a supporting school, we aren't weak, and soloing is easier for us than storm and fire, which are thought of as the strongest school.
Okay bye thanks for reading
Myrna Dragoncloud
Every school has been labeled with something.

My first wizard was Life and I soloed from the start because I liked it that way. Later I found out I was really suppose to be a "healer". I didn't remember hearing that in the beginning when I created it. When I helped, which I did a lot, I liked the Sun spot for the control over the fight. I did or helped with, the damage and timed healing so it counted for all.

As for Balance, well, I do find it has it's learning curve. I am all fine till I face a Balance Monster then even with the balance boss deck I set up I seem to fail timely dueling. Spam Blasts I guess but it just seems out of sorts to me.

Mary

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4933
I've never really paid attention to what anyone says about a school... I've played them all and have my favorites. I have Balance wizards on two different accounts. I don't think I've ever deleted a Balance wizard early on... it's later the difficulty can catch up with you.

That being said, I solo the game 90%+ of the time and have had very little problem doing so with any school. It's all about learning how to play each school to their best advantage.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
Okay so I think that Balance shouldn't be thought of as the supporting school. I am balance. Honestly, I sometimes like helping people out but I would much rather prefer to solo a dungeon if I can because other people mess up the game most of the time.
So yes we do have a lot of shields in blades but that makes us better. We can be defensive and offensive at the same time and blade stack. On an average battle against a 7,000 health boss in Dragonspyre, I think I do better than storm. I can do 2,000 damage with only three power pips and a few blades. Think of what I can do with more blades, traps, and pips.
Also balance has tons of health.
You may think our health is the only that keeps us going but I find more ice struggling with battles than balance, and they have even more health.
And come on, we get our first multi-attack spell at level 16 and we get our first x pip spell at level 28. Can't beat that!
And our special judgement card has the third strongest damage per pip second only to fire and storm.
People think balance is weak and nobody likes it because we always need someone to help us out but that's not true.
Most people who try balance only last like a week and they decide it is terrible but you have to wait and see because I think balance is the strongest school.
Have you ever played grub guardian, another fantastic King's Isle game? Well the balance guardians attack once and it completely demolishes every enemy in a row. It is hard to explain but balance sets off a chain attack and completely destroys the enemy.
Also you wouldn't find going against balance in PVP very easy because of the weakness spamming from us and our minions also we have black mantle.
Okay so anyways balance can be whatever it wants to be it doesn't have to be a supporting school, we aren't weak, and soloing is easier for us than storm and fire, which are thought of as the strongest school.
Okay bye thanks for reading
Myrna Dragoncloud
I soloed my balance throught the entire game with exception to a few major bosses where I teamed up. There is nothing wrong with being support in some instances. The game really is about teamwork when it comes to dungeons and multiple player battles, and YES Balance is best as support, it can also heal and tank while supporting. That's a great strength, not a weakness. I disagree about being easier to solo than Storm, my Storm had a lot less need for help than my Balance that came later and had more benefits of gear and pets passed down. Myth is easiest for solo, imo, followed by Storm then Balance/Death/Ice/Life all pretty much tied.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
seethe42 on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
I soloed my balance throught the entire game with exception to a few major bosses where I teamed up. There is nothing wrong with being support in some instances. The game really is about teamwork when it comes to dungeons and multiple player battles, and YES Balance is best as support, it can also heal and tank while supporting. That's a great strength, not a weakness. I disagree about being easier to solo than Storm, my Storm had a lot less need for help than my Balance that came later and had more benefits of gear and pets passed down. Myth is easiest for solo, imo, followed by Storm then Balance/Death/Ice/Life all pretty much tied.
It is good as a supportive school but it shouldn't only be thought of as a supporting school.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
393
we cannot just change balance's purpose just for one or two or three people.

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
Balance is considered the support school becauss that's what it does best, because it has universal blades and traps as well as some healing, however it lacks somewhat in firepower. That's not saying that you can't solo anything or you always have to support, it just means you're better than other schools at supporting. By contrast, Death is seen as a more solo school but I run it in group play very well. Feints and Dark Pacts provide a very nice boost for the hitter.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
105
Balance is very much a support school. But like others have said, one can solo with it. I kinda had a problem with going solo on difficult bosses, and for a while, it seemed like Balance was only good for supporting others. Then I got a smaller deck, used loads of blades and traps and started to do better. Today I went solo against the boss in the Winterdeep Warren, I didn't think I'd make it but I did. Managed to knock off over 6,000 points on an 8,000 point boss using Judgement, blades, traps and one of those amplifier cards with the fist on it (I never remember the name of those cards). And that was all in one attack. I'm still making adjustments and using the smaller deck has made the game more interesting. I find that having Life and Death as my back up schools is really useful. I don't think it's the strongest school, but have those 2 schools backing me has made me better. Stronger schools would be Fire and Storm, but the con is that they fizzle too much. I find that so irritating, it was the main reason why I chose Life and Death as back ups. Their manifestation rates are awesome.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
Robobot1747 on Aug 14, 2014 wrote:
Balance is considered the support school becauss that's what it does best, because it has universal blades and traps as well as some healing, however it lacks somewhat in firepower. That's not saying that you can't solo anything or you always have to support, it just means you're better than other schools at supporting. By contrast, Death is seen as a more solo school but I run it in group play very well. Feints and Dark Pacts provide a very nice boost for the hitter.
Exactly. Balance is the best support school. Life is the best healer. Ice is the best tank. Storm is the best hammer. That doesn't mean all those schools can't be good at other things. It's just that they are by far the best at that role when they choose to be. It's more about the player too. I was in Morganthe on a team up a couple weeks ago. The storm who joined battle last, everyone figured was a hitter, was dressed in Jade gear in a team with 3 tank/healers.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
Listen I know balance is pretty good as a supporting school, but schools shouldn't be thought of as weak or only one type of thing they can do

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
Listen I know balance is pretty good as a supporting school, but schools shouldn't be thought of as weak or only one type of thing they can do
No one thinks of Balance as weak or only support. Just look at all the complaints in pvp forums about Balance being overpowered.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
I just don't want people to think we are too weak to do things on our own, that's all. Sorry for the rant but a lot of people think balance is just for helping others and that we can't do it on our own.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 17, 2014 wrote:
I just don't want people to think we are too weak to do things on our own, that's all. Sorry for the rant but a lot of people think balance is just for helping others and that we can't do it on our own.
Don't worry about what others think, every schools can do things on their own. I have soloed every school but fire through the spiral. The fact of the matter is, Balance is best at support. Yes we can solo pretty much everything, but so can any school. Every school can solo and attack, some schools are better for certain roles in a team though.