Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2014
To your question if there are many older people playing Wiz101; I have been all 6 years, I am 42; I have had 2 accounts that I had lost the passwords too; so am now starting a new one; I still consider myself to be in the beginning stages my only character being a balance life mix that just entered Marylebone...
My very first account my life student had made it all the way to Celestia at the level of 52 with a level cap of 80 I believe... I am very impressed with everything and hooked on the game it is very fun and challenging; anxiety producing; suspenseful along with exciting. there are so many new and different things from rides to pets to spells... I love helping other's when I have the time... I love meeting new people that like to help other's as well, feel free to find me... as long as you have text chat... I have that other turned off; never much liked that and it is a bit hard to get used to... Text chat is an important part of communication... Well, I certainly have chatted a long time... Everyone have fun playing the game.

Wizard 101 and their creators are so AWESOME ! I you guys! Keep it coming...

Survivor
Mar 30, 2013
here 30... if someone wanna hang out, quest or something... write me

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Older player here. I have tried many mmo's and I find this game to be a fresh breath of air.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
Older player here! I'm a mom, my husband plays as do our four kids. Its a great family game that we like to play together and its fun to surprise the kids with boost packs and stuff for good behavior at home. Lets have fun!

Survivor
Aug 05, 2014
I am an older player too! Mother of 2 kids, my oldest plays because I play. It's a great way to reduce stress after work. I've been playing RPGs for a while now, back when they brought D&D to the PC. (I'm not as old as you might think though. Let's just say that I was the same age as Ash Ketchum when Pokemon released in the U.S) I really enjoy W101 most out of all of the games I have played. I like that I can switch realms if one is a little too crowded for my taste. I'm not that new to W101 but I have 3 accounts of my own because I forgot the password to one and then I forgot the password to the email to the second. I am now on my 3rd and I still enjoy it. If you're in the game and see me, feel free to say hello!

Scarlet Dawnblossom
Level 21 /

Currently in Krokotopia

Survivor
Dec 06, 2011
Old guy here, in th UK. I won't post my age, but if you reverse the digits of my age i'd be about a mid-teenager. I joined up so I could help my daughter settle in, and make sure she was safe online. Since then I've become about as mad about the game as she is. I have four wizards so far. I wouldn't say it's childish to play games etc; I'm a lawyer and I play xbox and w101 which makes a nice change as usually all of my monitors are filled with law.
Also I would agree with you that games are intended to relieve stress etc; you made the right choice imo to ditch the previous game. It's just a shame the lack of contingencies there meant you felt you had to.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
older players here, my husband is 41 and I am 44, we have been playing for 3 years and love it. We help out those that are lower level than ourselves and enjoy almost all players that are on. We really enjoy Wizard 101 always adding something new to challenge us. So don't worry about age.. were all kids at heart

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
Over 50 and I love this game, been on for 4+ years now

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
well im a pretty old player and i remember when we had to run in the middle of the pvp arena and wait until the other wizards stop fighting and then run in. the pvp pedestals weren't always there.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
I first started playing in 2009 but then took like a 2-3 year break after 2011'ish and now I'am playing again.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2012
in my thirties, father of 2 :)

Defender
Apr 21, 2012
Same reply I give anyone else who asks.

x coughs dust x

Survivor
Apr 20, 2014
LaadyX on Jun 21, 2009 wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)
i mean one of my friends is like in her 80's and she is SO cool. so never remove a friend that is older because they can be pretty cool so the moral of this post is never remove some one from your friends just cause there in there elders. stay cool bros

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
There are many older players on W101 and other games, although I'm not old.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
there are many older people playing. i people in my family who are older and play a lot

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
Lucky to say that I love playing this game and I am a great grandmother :)
I have introduced it to my grandchildren and their children and most of the younger ones enjoy playing it when they come visit.
Never too old :)

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
I've been playing this game on and off since the beginning of High School and I can honestly say that it is one of my most favorite game of all time! The community is overall very, well... what's the word. I'd say that it's a gem among other online communities. At this point, I'm well into college and I'm still loving this game!
~ Sean Iceblood

Survivor
Oct 18, 2014
I`m in the great uncle range,with teenage greats.I`ve been playing RPG off and on sence the D&D box set came out.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2013
I'm a Great Aunt and a Grandmother. They happened in that order. I love this game. All the other games are so loud and all about killing people and destruction. This is just much more fun and relaxing. And very well made.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Older player-- old enough to have a daughter who is a junior in college. I am an ex-EverQuest junkie, and I had to give that game up because it just took too much dedication (e.g. time) to stay on top. This gamed is surprisingly fun given its simplicity, demands far less of my time, and I can walk away from it in an instant's notice (as long as I don't jump into a long dungeon with a group before making sure I will have time to finish it). I run into quite a few others my age. In fact, there is a pretty complete range of ages here.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2014
I'm in my late twenties :3 I come from a long background of gaming, and have played many different MMO's since their first appearance on the market. But Wizard101 has my deep admiration for the time and care that has gone into the game, as well as the positive community aspect. I -love- the fact that these boards are so well moderated, that effort is taken to ensure that the game remains a positive experience. I can't say that for any other company. I also appreciate the fact that the stories and worlds are all very individual, with clothing to wear from each, and voice acting for -every- NPC. It's just fantastic. You can totally immerse yourself in the fantasy element. I also love that it isn't serious and bloody, and that it's general appearance is funny, cute, and elegant all at once. And best of all- I never have to be involved with PVP if I don't want to be.

My parents are also addicted. I turned them into gamers long ago, but they share my opinion. You can actually relax playing this game, which isn't something I can say for any other game, where many players seem to be out to make you miserable.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
I play with my dad and he's in his late 40's and we both enjoy the game very much.

John LionStone - Level 29
Zachary - Level 27

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
I'm an elder. Just made it to 54 this month.

I've been on Wizard 101 since Dec 2009.
My husband was a Wizard, too. Sadly he passed away in May of last year. He was only 48.
During these past few years while we were in a fight against his cancer, playing Wizard 101 was something we could do together. We'd sometimes use chat, but mostly we'd just holler up and down the hallway to each other.

We were both working 6 wizards so there was plenty of variety from one night to the next. Most of our characters had just finished Zafaria and gotten into the beginning of Avalon.

It took me quite awhile to decide if I wanted to continue playing. The quests don't really feel the same when you're used to having a regular partner there to work it with you. We'd play up and play off of each others spells beautifully. He seriously would have loved the fishing.

Little by little, I'm getting back in the swing of it. Don't see much logic in deleting all the work I've put into it so far. I don't think my husband would want me to hang it up because we had so much fun with it while he was alive.

Thanks for reading and happy questing to all of you.

Administrator
Iridian The Elder on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
I'm an elder. Just made it to 54 this month.

I've been on Wizard 101 since Dec 2009.
My husband was a Wizard, too. Sadly he passed away in May of last year. He was only 48.
During these past few years while we were in a fight against his cancer, playing Wizard 101 was something we could do together. We'd sometimes use chat, but mostly we'd just holler up and down the hallway to each other.

We were both working 6 wizards so there was plenty of variety from one night to the next. Most of our characters had just finished Zafaria and gotten into the beginning of Avalon.

It took me quite awhile to decide if I wanted to continue playing. The quests don't really feel the same when you're used to having a regular partner there to work it with you. We'd play up and play off of each others spells beautifully. He seriously would have loved the fishing.

Little by little, I'm getting back in the swing of it. Don't see much logic in deleting all the work I've put into it so far. I don't think my husband would want me to hang it up because we had so much fun with it while he was alive.

Thanks for reading and happy questing to all of you.
Thank you for sharing Iridian. I'm sorry for your loss.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 15, 2012
I've been here 2 years and when I cared enough to ask around(normally I care less as long as someone can hold a conversation, etc)the ages I found were about 50% young and 50% old(like me)! Many parents play w/ their kids(must be nice)and others spy on their kids, but there's a huge group of us oldtimers here just for fun(HEY, we invented this stuff!).