Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I have to say, I have met a bunch of older people, even adults who play this.
Its very cool, that all ages (above 10) play this game.

Rowan TrollCaller

Sorry for spelling errors, I'm still working on this.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
Yeah, count me in the group of older wizards

this game is fun and is a great stress reliever.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2014
Oh yeah! Lots of older players.
So many of the puns in the quest titles make me feel very old, though!

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
the thing is that there may be many more older players but there are still some younger players so that wouldn't be fair.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Me and my teen nephew play the game. We team up most of the time or I solo play, but we have fun playing.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2014
Hello everyone I am a older player here. New to wizard101. I was hoping to friend a group or some individuals to play with since the advance of older players being more mature and having access to open chat would make the game more fun. I play mmos because i love playing with people so if someone wants to talk in game that would be great.

Angel DeathDreamer lvl 15 Death Wizard

Survivor
Jun 21, 2014
Hey all :) I'm an older player too~ would love to meet up with some of the other older players ~ it's nice to have some adults to play with!! I'll be in unicorn realm in the commons at 6:00-6:15 eastern time to meet new people. my char name is heather rose ~ hope to meet some of you soon!!!!

Survivor
Jun 19, 2014
It's normal I see some nearly everyday

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Hi there,

I'm an older player, too. Let's just say that if my age were reckoned in Spiral Years, I'd be in Celestia by now. I'd like to comment on what the original poster said about playing a different online game compared to this one. Wiz101 is set up with rules so that people have to play nice. I like that. It's like having a mailman, a fireman and a policeman. Imagine a world without all that. Chaos!.
Yes, there are little kids playing this game, too. How great is that. They can learn to play nice, and after all, I share my real world with little kids, too. They learn from me, and actually, more often, I learn from them. lol
Wiz101 is nice to have around because, frankly, I just don't have the time to follow Strider into the wild for weeks at a time anymore. For now... this will suffice.

Morgan Moonstone
lvl 100 Balance Samurai

Survivor
Jul 03, 2014
im 33yrs old here and im lvl 24 or so...

good to see there are more than the fair share of ages older than me...phew...!!!

i thought i was the only few that were over 15+

Survivor
Jan 14, 2011
Count me in, I'm also one of the older players.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2014
Also an older player with kids of my own. I live in the Midwest and would really enjoy playing with others around my age and maturity level. I've found a few adults here and there and it brightens up the game considerably when there is someone you can quest and carry a conversation with. I have a level 70 Death School wizard named Marcus Nightbringer if anyone ever wants to team up.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2014
honestly its kind of freaky

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Scribble Scribe on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
Also an older player with kids of my own. I live in the Midwest and would really enjoy playing with others around my age and maturity level. I've found a few adults here and there and it brightens up the game considerably when there is someone you can quest and carry a conversation with. I have a level 70 Death School wizard named Marcus Nightbringer if anyone ever wants to team up.
I love getting connected with other parents that play the game with their kids. I have several warlords and it's nice to hold an adult conversation while gaming. If you see me in the pvp area (Isabella DreamCloud-Balance Warlord) shout out a hello.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2011
I'm an adult too..... I'm proud to say I have been with Wizard101 for four years and counting. I'm not a very high leveler but I do enjoy decorating the homes I buy.... I have six female wizards Alura SunWraith/MoonWraith are my favorites they are from the Death school.

I found I love the fishing quest.... Awesome, way to earn gold, regents, and items.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2013
When i looked and saw how many replies there were to this topic, how many older players there are I was not surprised in the slightest. I myself am only a kid (not even a teen yet) and almost everyone in my friends list is an adult. It seems like in in the first couple of worlds you meet mostly kids but as you get to more advanced worlds like avalon and azteca there are mostly adults. Still it is nice to know that people all ages play and enjoy this game. I hope you all are having as fun as i am.

KaricRubyStaff Level 81 currently in Azteca

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
Wow.. seems like there is a lot of older people. I just got back from playing the game again after 6 years or so. Now a full pledge adult... The game is kiddish, but hey it's a stress reliever as people say Need people to friend with. It's hard befriending people nowadays. Wonder why and I need a lot of help in dungeons. It get's boring soloing them all the time

lv50 Alura Lightcaller

Ambrose

Explorer
Jul 03, 2010
It might be "not cool" for an older player like high schoolers but who cares? Just relax and have fun playing the game!

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
I won't say my age but the first president I voted for was carter, I came to this game from playing EQOA for 7 years. If you have fun then this is the game for you, because its all about having a good time while playing - not what age its intended for.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2012
The Way I usually see it is older people are more ahead of younger people in the game. Most younger people stay in the commons.Older player here though!

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
I am an older player here too, I love the graphics and its enjoyable to play

Survivor
Oct 22, 2012
I am not an older player, but I am friends with many. And sorry you think the environment is stressful :( You're probably hanging out with the wrong people, I have always thought this games was fun and I have been playing it for years.

Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
I am halfway between 1 and 100. I don't play any other games at all and probably wouldn't even be here if it were not for my kid begging me to play. Kid has moved onto other games since I started but I stayed behind. I run a business irl and do this as a break from that when I need it. I have 2 accounts with memberships and one without. I have girl and boy wizards. Would love to meet some fellow oldsters out there in wizard land.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I am 45. I was 39 when I started playing. My son was nine and I started a character to make sure he couldn't see anything but Menu Chat. I am still playing but ironically says he's too old for the game. He's missing out. :)

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
father of 5 , so we can guess im no youngster lol