Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 09, 2012

Adult player here! Found this game by chance and had no idea that it was a multi-player game at the time.
Two years later and 4 wizards leveled, I have finally hung up my wands and gear. I have quested, helped, pvp'd, crafted, gardened and waterworked my way in and out of the game. I've met interesting people from all over the world, including my best game friend, Alura. It's been fun but now passing the torch to the new players. Good luck to you and keep it fun and safe :D bye

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
Been playing since 2010 using Mindy MoonDust. Over 60 player here. Know others over 50 that play as well.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
girlwittude7859 on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:

Adult player here! Found this game by chance and had no idea that it was a multi-player game at the time.
Two years later and 4 wizards leveled, I have finally hung up my wands and gear. I have quested, helped, pvp'd, crafted, gardened and waterworked my way in and out of the game. I've met interesting people from all over the world, including my best game friend, Alura. It's been fun but now passing the torch to the new players. Good luck to you and keep it fun and safe :D bye
Wanted to say something here to see if it shows up. Nothing I post as a reply ever shows up. I hit submit and nothing ever. I want to try this quote thing.

After I read your brief, I wanted to add a comment. I too have been in and out over the years. I'm back in again. I also, have met many nice adults here. One I play with every day. We went to high school together and we started Wizard together.

Fun and Safe!

Survivor
Oct 06, 2011
Older here, just returning, need some friends!

Survivor
Jan 15, 2014
Older player here. There was a time where I was wondering the same thing but your not alone

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Since I can not post my age.
I can tell you I watched and remember original episodes of the Brady bunch, Happy days, I loved the six million dollar man as a kid (I remember I kicked and broke a hole in my wall thinking I was bionic)
My daughter and I play as a team. we have the same quests.

Also retired. This is one of my retirement hobbies.

Mark Dragonleaf L70 Storm

Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
I am an older player as well.

While I have played this game through 95 levels solo (for the most part) it is still nice to party up with some of the older crowd. (that can complete a sentence, no offense to the kids, its the filter)

So, having said that.. I do wish there was a clan or guild affiliation in this game where the older, or even the chat enabled people could join.

I don't really want to exclude the young players, heck, I even encourage them and applaud the filter for their sake, but a way for all of the open chat/older gamers (and yes KI we are gamers despite our age) to have a way to connect safely without revealing info.

Maybe it is a pipe dream.. but a fond one at least. :)

Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
Survivor
Feb 15, 2014
LaadyX wrote:
Well, let me put it to you this way...my mother and father didn't wed until my mother was 30 or 31 years old and he was 34 or 35 and I know quite a few others in that age range (and even older) who are also still dating so you never know. ;)

You must admit, though, that different games draw in different crowds. For example, another game I play has a higher average gamer age from what I've heard. It's so complicated and takes so much time that most younger gamers simply don't have the patience and some outright can't understand it. My boyfriend has been playing for a month or so and we still have loads to learn and careers to figure out and what have you, it's very complex. So consequently, whether you're an "older gamer" or not also depends upon the game. When you're, say, 20 and playing a game whose average gamers are in their 30's, you're not exactly older but if you're 30 and playing a game that mostly teens play, you sort of are. I just haven't run into any players that I know are older and I've definitely run into little kids...I could tell by the lack of manners and inability to communicate...

"follow me"
"Okay..."
"can you help me?"
"Sure, what do you need?"
*runs off*
"-_-"
*five minutes later*
"Um, where are we going and what are we doing?"
*silence*
....*warps home*

There's, of course, nothing wrong with playing W101, I just hadn't met anyone near my age or older until I made this thread and so I started to wonder where all of the older gamers were and if there is a substantial number of them at present or not. Especially since I'm not playing for my kids, I saw it advertised on TV and was looking for a new game to replace the old one I played so I'm just here because I like it. ^_^
good luck i am older then you. the game is fun.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2014
I am older player. Been playing for 4 years as death school player. Looking for team player.

Survivor
May 07, 2010
Older Player here to i thought this game was mostly for little kids but surprised adults played this i first played wizard 101 was around 2012 it was so boring to i guess because of playing toontown the game kinda reminded me of it then after toontown close i was stuck on a good game to play came back to wizard 101 it was pretty interesting i love the storyline actually after i had to pay by crowns starting meet strong nice wizards and began to love the game planing on buying 12 month membership to enjoy full experience of this looking for friends to quest with its okay if you a low level i can help you i love helping people in this game :D

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
Im an adult and i love this game! however, on the otherside, my wife does not. i started 3 days after my two sons did and all of us love it! it is a very safe and healthy environment that i can trust, and i can get some good bonding time with my sons. :D

Ryan Mythblade, level 17 wizard

Survivor
Nov 20, 2009
Older player here also. Not just me but MY mom as well. She's the one that introduced me to the game. Love this game!

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
It's completely normal!

Although I'm not an "older player" here (killjoy, I know...), I have still seen at least some, if not many older players on Wizard101, and they're totally cool, oddly enough.

Don't be stressed out by this, adult gaming on W101 is fine, I mean who can't resist this game (I know I can't )

Melissa Smith
Magus Sorcerer
Honorary Engineer

Survivor
Apr 10, 2011
BalanceMythHarmony on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
It's completely normal!

Although I'm not an "older player" here (killjoy, I know...), I have still seen at least some, if not many older players on Wizard101, and they're totally cool, oddly enough.

Don't be stressed out by this, adult gaming on W101 is fine, I mean who can't resist this game (I know I can't )

Melissa Smith
Magus Sorcerer
Honorary Engineer
"....and they're totally cool, oddly enough" hahahahahahah. who do you think invented cool? XD

Amber Raven Song, MaxWarlord (and grown up mom in her 30's)

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
I have been playing Wizard101 for 5 years and I LOVE IT! I am an older player and I love the work that Kingsisle has put into the creation of the worlds of the spiral! I have maxed out on my characters and wish they would let us be able to have a character in all seven schools, that being said, I know I will be playing for many more years to come. Wonderful scenery, costumes, houses, wands, pets, music and story lines that keep me looking forward to logging into the game. Christina Lightcatcher (), Destiny Death (), Sierra Silverflame (), Alura Silverheart (), Scarlet Spiritwraith () & Destiny Dust ()!!!

Survivor
Sep 17, 2012
My husband and I both play because my kid brother (who's a decade plus younger than I) got us into it as a way to stay connected as a family. If it tells you anything about our age, we have a newborn who, as long as the game is still around, I'm sure will love to play as well once she gets to that age.

I'm pretty sure I stuck with playing because of the Doctor Who reference in Marleybone. :) Just saying.

Oh, and the clan or guild idea that RandAlThor033 (by the way, you have a awesome username -fellow WoT nerd here) had would be much appreciated. It really would be nice to be able to easily connect to like players in the game!

Deirdre Darkheart- Level 74 Necromancer

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
We have two older females and males over 50. I am 72. lol There are two young girls playing also.
Nice to play a game with minimum drama and everyone is about the game not half dressed.
I hope KingsIsle notices how many adults are here in the game and is aware that we are here because it is a kids game. Just looking for a little family fun.
Mattie

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
Older player here too. Surprising how there are 64 pages of older gamers on here!

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
Hello, older person here also. I like this game because of the no blood and guts. Started a few years ago, I really enjoy it. Like some had said, this is my down time. I have both male and female wizards. Keep up the good work Kingisle. I also love your pirate 101

Destiny GriffinFist

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
There is a group on Wizard101 Central forums called "Wizened Wizards: Adults of the Spiral". For those older players, it is a great group to be in to connect to other adults.

Coming from a proud member, that should also help add on to the pool count of adults in the Spiral. My college roommates think I waste time on a "kid's game" and I tell them "it is a family game geared towards all ages. Even adults." Now since I do not know if saying our age is allowed on here, I will say this. I am no longer a teenager, but barely (and yes, there are teenager adults at the age of 18 and 19).

Who says you have to be a kid to enjoy good quality gaming? And coming from a gamer who has even beta tested other MMO games, KingsIsle games are my favourite by far.

Defender
Jul 27, 2011
nobody282 on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
I am older player. Been playing for 4 years as death school player. Looking for team player.
So does that mean you have two accounts? Your join date says "Feb 15, 2014".

Side note, I love having two accounts and leveling two characters at the same time.

Survivor
May 08, 2012
It's great to see older players on playing this game. I am in my mid 30's and am a kid at heart. I stumbled upon this game when I was actually looking for another job. I had gotten laid off in 2011 and stayed in most of the time. In between my job search I would play wizard101. I have to say that this game helped me a lot during that difficult time. I have met other wizards from all over the world, adults and teens alike. Before playing this game you wouldn't catch me in front of the computer playing a game ever, now I log on religiously to see my the friends I have made and find it relaxing after a long day of work ( I finally started working in 2013 ). I am now 4 years into playing Wiz and I look forward to what will be the next storyline in the game. It is definitely nice to know that there are other older players who play this game. I also appreciate that the game is not violent and is geared towards kids and family.

Miranda WillowBlossom Level 95

Miranda StormTalon Level 95

Miranda Moonstone Level 45

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
I'm an older player, and have been playing for 4 years (I think) now.
In that time, I've leveled two storms and currently leveling a death wizard.

A lot of my friends that I made in the early years have stopped playing now. As much as I am a solo player, I miss having a friend's list where we had a chat, ran dungeons/towers and helped each other out.

If you're looking for friends, I play on the pixie realm and my in-game name is Diana Bane. :)

Survivor
Mar 27, 2014
Yes! I've met tons of friendly adults on the game.

Jesse StormBlade