Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2011
I guess I am an old gamer?

Survivor
Aug 25, 2011
Old gamer here. Started playing with my kids. They play off and on. I spend most of my time helping them level up

Waiting on part two of Khrysalis.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
My daughter and I (Diana Raveneyes) play both together and independently

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
my brother used to play with me all the time and we liked it a lot so yeah there are older gamers who play

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
I'm an older gamer. I play wizard101 while my fiancé plays his playstation 4. lol I have been playing this game for a long time and I love it. The funny thing is when I went to go buy a wizard card the cashier asked me if I really play this game. I was like yeah, it's a good game despite kids asking you if you want to be their girl. lol Well he said I don't look like the type that would play this game. lol I told him don't let my looks fool you I am addicted to this game. You should try the free trial and see if you like it. Oh yeah I got my niece and cousin into this game also.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
My parents and older siblings play.
You're not alone

Grace DreamRider 77

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
older person and older player (since the start of the game) here. Grand Son got me started and I actually met my wife on here. Happily retired, Married, and playing!

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Survivor
Nov 12, 2013
I am a lvl 54 ice wizard, I am older and would love to have some questing friends that are older too. I am currently working on Grizzleheim, and finishing Ds (only mmalestare left) any suggestions on how to get some questing buddies that play evening time after work like me. Thanks!

Survivor
Nov 12, 2013
Would like to find older people close to lvl 55, who need a questing buddy. I would be happy to help you in exchange for the same "help". I am working on grizzleheim as well as defeating malestare any suggestions?

Thanks

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
I am a young teen. I play but I know my parents play also we do stuff together. And I have met some older gamers also. I think wizard101 appeals to all people youing or old. That's because its fun challenging and absolutely amazing! My dad only plays it because he loves doing bored games like this. My mom does not play but when she does we do youtube wizard101 movies play games and work on on baby wizards.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
FrostMagicDude on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
Would like to find older people close to lvl 55, who need a questing buddy. I would be happy to help you in exchange for the same "help". I am working on grizzleheim as well as defeating malestare any suggestions?

Thanks
Have you tried posting for help or buddies on any of the fansites? They have groups of players who volunteer to help with difficult areas, and also older players looking for friends/buddies. Here is a link to one of the fansites in case you are interested:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-In-Game-Quest-Help-and-Meet-Ups

Survivor
Dec 02, 2011
Look, I may not be "old" but I'm just saying to newcomers that I can help you anytime.

AntonioFiremender lvl 46 fire

Survivor
Feb 21, 2013
Survivor
Dec 24, 2013
I am an older player. I missed playing another game I liked, which doesn't work right for me anymore and decided to try this one :)

Survivor
Dec 09, 2013
I may not be a child but I'm an adult and I must say that I am enjoying W101, at first I thought it was a childs game but I now realize that this is not true it's for all ages and it does take time to get to where some players are, I've already completed wizard city and krokotopia and am working on Marleybone.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
when I started playing i had the same question, but if you go on to youtube you can see the majority of game plays are made bye people in their 20-30's, and i think that the only reason people say it is for little kids is because of the fact that it is "magic" and "childish graphics" but put some one in the game and they will fall in love with the challenge it puts in front of them.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2012
I am a mother of teens and my son got me hook on wizard101. When he tried it he like it and ask me to try it too and the next thing I know I am hook too

level 95 life

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
I have 4 grand daughters and I love the game. I'm 66 years old and have been playing for 3 years.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
BLESS YOU! i thought i was the only old-ish person here! *PHEW* I'm a mom not a granny yet and dang well better NOT be for at the least 5 more years!! *L* *waves* nice t'meetcha'll!

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
I've been playing for a long while now, but finally peeking out of lurk mode. Another older player here, checking in! So far I only really have one character I play as, but it's kind of funny: more than once now I've been asked if I had a higher character, say in the level 90+ range. Players seem very surprised when I say my currently-level-70 Life wizard is my first character.

Supposedly it's because I "look like I know what I'm doing"! So always a good sign, guess I'm doing something right!

Defender
Feb 02, 2014
checking in, college age here. Good to see older players as I would assume they would be more cash shop able and that would give the game more longevity. I also played Fusionfall when it was around, and of course many more adult oriented traditional mmorpgs. I played FTP/PTW/Cashop and also sub games too. Been PC mmoing for a decade now. Nice to meet you oldies :)

Survivor
Mar 24, 2011
Nice to know that there are older players.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
grampa here got 15 grands some play great fun .

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010