Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Game Updates

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

Aug 01, 2012
If late twenties is an older gamer than I am an ancient gamer at 56. I play many different kinds of games.I was quite skeptical that I would enjoy this game being older and this being promoted as a family game. However I have find it very enjoyable and addicting. It has battled it's way to near the top of my game playing time. I enjoy the interactions of people of all ages,except for the occasional gift beggars.

Dec 09, 2009
My son and nephews have been "wizarding" for years. I only started playing a month ago and was immediately hooked! After 4 weeks, I'm already at level 32. This game is perfect for me as the games today are too complicated and I usually die before I had a chance to remember which button on the controller to push. I'm from the original Pac Man generation. Remember the simple, easy to use controller that had a joy stick that moved you in 4 directions (up, down, left and right) and had 1 fire button?

I enjoy the age diversity because it makes playing all the more fun!

I am so in awe at how this game was put together...the story line, graphics, creativity...just amazing! I cannot wait to discover what else lurks around the corner. Kudos to the creators.

So, Wizard on my fellow gamers!

Oct 06, 2013
also an older gamer only started on Wizard101 US this week after playing Wizard101 UK for 3 years

shame i cant get half the bundles though

Dec 18, 2009
I know my dad plays it with me and I have gotten comments by people saying the game is immature, but if you look at certain sides of it, it really isn't.
For example, the cards say percentages and numbers, and when you get higher level, you add blades and traps and can get to pretty high numbers. My dad actually had a rule for me that when I got a new card, I had to choose a situation and write out how much damage the spell would cause. After he checked my math, I could get the new card. The game isn't for little kids, older gamers use it as well.

Jul 02, 2009
I started playing the game with my son. and since that time my oldest child (well out of school) has made me a grandpa. I enjoy the game. So yeah I would say i'm older.

Sep 29, 2013
I am an older player and my brother is also. Our nephews got us into this recently. We all live far from each other so it is a great family pass time. I love the no age posting and the very limited chat. It makes me feel safer for my nephews,and if my daughter wants to start playing. I would love that. I am all for buying gems to show my support for a family friendly game.

Jul 22, 2011
i'm 21 and my friend is 32 we both do 2v2 pvp together
-and w101 probably created open chat for a reason

Dec 14, 2012
I would just say that I often play with my daughter and her sons. And I love it.

Mar 21, 2009
I have been playing this game since it came out and I am one of the older gamers. I really enjoy playing.

Apr 23, 2013
I, too, am an older player. I really enjoy this site and the game, however, I find that some of those who have been playing for quite a long time tend to bully and harass those they term 'noobe'. I have had some very bad incidencents and almost decided to quite the game. Then I remembered those players who have been nice and helpful and decided to continue. The only rule I now follow is not to 'friend' anyone. This makes it hard when trying to fight high level bosses, but it keeps the bullies away.

Oct 24, 2010
shadow89444 on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
I, too, am an older player. I really enjoy this site and the game, however, I find that some of those who have been playing for quite a long time tend to bully and harass those they term 'noobe'. I have had some very bad incidencents and almost decided to quite the game. Then I remembered those players who have been nice and helpful and decided to continue. The only rule I now follow is not to 'friend' anyone. This makes it hard when trying to fight high level bosses, but it keeps the bullies away.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. My guess is that those are not adults as most adults I've run into in the game are quite nice and helpful. Ignore them. You can accept friends and unfriend them if they act like that.

I've been playing for 3 years and have very rarely been 'picked on.' You can also try switching realms. I've found that Orthrus, Seraph and a few other realms are quite adult-friendly.

May 13, 2009
I'm older and would rather not know how old you are nor see what you look like.
I feel something is lost when I'm able to put a real face on a Wizard.
Anyone else feel this way?

Dec 11, 2010
Edwarddarkeyes I am sorry you feel this way but sometimes it is better for the younger ones to know that they are playing with older people I have had instances where they prefer to leave and hang out with their own age and that is fine by me also there is a lot of us who prefer to team up with our own age so that we can talk normally (adult talk) and not have to worry about the bad language that has seemed to hit the younger generation by them getting around the swearing barrier. you are allowed your opinion but please the rest of us enjoy knowing how old each other is and to enjoy playing and there is no way that you can put a real face on a wizard cause we are from all over the world

Jul 05, 2009
I have been playing this game from almost the begging, In fact i have been on so long that I have managed to that dragon mount the they gave out for all their loyal members who have been playing for a long time now. I have been finding it harder and harder to find people who have played this game as long as I have, with the exception of my brother. If anyone out there is a long time member hollar

Go Balance

Jul 14, 2011
I found there are quite a few older player such as myself. Most think I am to old to be playing this game. Let put it this way, I was in high school when Kennedy was shot. But I love this game and I have been here for 3 years.

Oct 15, 2013
Adult here, no kids, just playing because I enjoy the concept of magic and such. Also love various fantasy and scifi books (some intended for and starring kids, some more for teens or young adults).

Feb 09, 2011
Feb 17, 2009
Another older player here. I played before, quite some time ago, but drifted away from the game for a bit. I'm back again, playing both this and P101. Both are quite fun!

Sep 20, 2009
I think I posted on here before, but I was online so sporadically that I may have missed any messages. I am an older player (I started playing with my young daughter last year) but she has since left me for Pirate101
LOL And honestly, I miss playing so I made a new character, but I'm lonely in the game. I have no 'in game' friends because every one I friend is some kid who begs me for packs and crowns, they hit on me, and never help me fight. Its like they just want to add to their friend list for some popularity contest.
Sorry to complain...if you see me in game (Morgan CrowFlame ) please feel free to introduce yourself and let me know you are older and saw my post on here.
Happy Gaming!

Sep 30, 2013
Older player here, my game name is Kestrel Dragonrider

Oct 28, 2012
I am an older player and I love this game. I am retired so that gives you an idea how old I am. This game is great at getting rid of stress and I have a lot of that because of problems in my family. For example, I have a daughter-in-law fighting cancer. When I get on here, I forget about the problems for awhile. Thank You W101. I do have to say that I had another wizard friend me in the commons and then immediately ask me how old I was. That is so wrong. I no longer have that wizard as a friend.

Sep 02, 2012
I've found a lot of players who act very more mature than others. You can tell there are a lot of mature people. This is a kids game, but it can be fun for all ages.

Aug 11, 2012
I've always wondered whether there are more kids or adults playing Wizard101. It seems like at least on the forums, there are many more adults, but that's probably because most of the younger ones aren't allowed on. I suppose I would be called a "kid" (though not by all that much), and I've met more people my age who play this game that any other video game I'm familiar with (except the ones that are aimed for adults, like WoW).

Melissa Hawkriver
Level 31

Nov 03, 2013
I also am an older player along with a female work associate I work with and her daughters who got me hooked!

Jun 02, 2013
I am an older player usually on the Lincoln realm due to its low population. I may switch to a busy realm for the purpose of getting into a PUG (PickUp Group) for progression, but usually I prefer to play on the low population realms.

I consider myself a decent player and I am always LFM mature players. I'm also a parent with RL responsibilities so I don't have set times I log in. If you are looking for a player to get you through content in record time; that's not me unfortunately. I like to progress as fast as I can, but I typically do ALL the quests in a zone as I don't like to go back once I've finished an area. I enjoy playing with those that have gear appropriate for their level for the purpose of progression.

I am an adult and have open chat enabled in game. I would prefer the same for you should you wish to look me up to communicate as effectively as possible. I am used to playing with verbal communication over a headset so players that have the little red "no chat" symbol may not be taken seriously.

Best of luck in game to all of us!

Gabriel Necromancer