Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
I have a child in her middle 30's and two others who have children of their own, so I guess that makes me a Grandma of 4 so far and I love this game and Pirate101 as well, so yep, I guess I am older, but I do so love the games as well.

I currently am working on my second character, since I already have a level 90 one. If any other older players see my second character "Morgan MoonMender" come say hello. Sometimes the kids make me a little nuts.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2013
Sure there are - I am 78 and getting younger - was playing on DDo but got bored by nothing but First Person Shooter with not real plot at all all chest thumping players and little else. Sry DDO, but it is true. Not only that, but discussion about lack of plot had people telling me that it was impossible for a single player to play the way Wizard 101 is actually structured.

Fallon Frostflame
Adept /

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
33 y/o here. Got hooked on this game recently. Very fun in my down time. wizard.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
I'm not one of you older wizards, but I think it's cool that you still play this game! Some people might give up on it because they think they are too old for it. That's ridiculous. If you love a game, play it, and don't care what anyone else thinks. I never want to stop playing Wizard101; it's one of my favorite games ever. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 66 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Sophia Rubyflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Haley Stormbreeze Lvl 5 Thank you for your time.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2011
Yes older players do play. I think I see more teen and up players than children ones. Although many people say the game looks "kiddish" it has many qualities older people can enjoy like strategy, pvp, and tons of other things. You don't have to be a kid to enjoy

Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
I'm in my early 20's and I absolutely love this game. I've always loved mmos and rpgs and this is an amazing example of both without the stress and harassment that you might find on other games.
I was still in college when I first started playing a couple of years ago. I was instantly hooked, and some of my buddies and I would stay up all hours of the night in our dorms playing W101 on our laptops. That was a way better reason to stay up late on the weekends, if you know what I mean. No matter how childish the other students may have thought my friends and I were, we liked feeling like we weren't following the crowd and their usual crazy college antics.
When I introduced my wife (an even bigger fan of video games) to W101 just recently, it became her new favorite game... Until she met Pirate101! Now she won't stop talking about upgrading her membership! Kingsisle definitely put a lot of care into the making of these games and we couldn't be happier playing them. Don't be afraid to say hello if you ever pass me in the game!

Elizabeth SummerSong - Adept Theurge

Survivor
Jul 29, 2011
I'm an older gamer too. I started playing when I was in college. I'm not the partying type, so when other people my age were going out to bars and getting drunk and all that, I preferred to play video games. I used to be a fan of Neopets and Runescape in my preteens but discovered Wizard in my late teens.

I find video game environments to be a great way to meet all kinds of people in society, and to have a great time and talk freely about things without the danger of harming one's real-life reputation.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
I am a major Wizard101 and Pirate101 player, I love them both and play them both. You get a break on the price if you upgrade on both of them, plus you get the family rate since you both play. You just have to get your accounts together and I am not sure how you do that, but it is totally worth it. I am a grandma of 4 and love playing the games. I have wizards and pirates that have leveled up to as high as they can go. Right now, I am working on my life wizard named Morgan MoonMender, so if you see me say hello. Both games are totally worth the small price you pay for them and when you get tired of one you can go to the other. You are lucky to have a loved one to be of help to you. I try to get my husband of 36 years to play, but he won't, he is weird that way, LOL! My oldest granddaughter plays with me when she comes to visit which isn't often, since she lives over 1,000 miles away. Good Luck in playing your games, they are worth it.

Robin Morgan
aka Morgan MoonMender

Survivor
Apr 16, 2009
"Older wizard" here. Yeah my boyfriend makes fun of me for being in high school and playing this game. And I'm kind of afraid to admit it to any of my friends because they wouldn't understand the amazingness of this game. I started playing in middle school with my best friend as a joke because we thought it was such a kids' game but we became addicted and started buying prepaid cards. We couldn't believe ourselves. But I occasionally get bored playing after a couple weeks and leave then return a couple months later. I thought it was so overwhelming when I found interest again and all of a sudden 3 new worlds were added! Haha! But yeah I definitely think this is a great game for any age because its not too complex but still challenging and has great animation and storyboard. I will most likely try to get my boyfriend into it haha! See you in the spiral!
-Shannon Icegem

Survivor
Feb 20, 2013
Older player here.Way older.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Man my mom is missing out! She needs to join the "Older" side of the game and get me past dragonspyre. But according to my teachers I have the intelligence of an "Older person" so I might have to count myself in except for my maturity (Same with my big sister, she's 11 years older than me and my brother is 7 years older than me).
Critical (Should I devote some time and money to a myth wiz?)

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
The good o'l times of wizard101 I miss them so much

Survivor
May 22, 2013
I'm in college and I just started playing over the summer. I saw a commercial for the game on tv and I figured I have nothing to do most days, so I just decided to join. I never figured that I'd get so into it, but now I can't seem to stop.
I've asked my friends to join but they haven't. They're missing out.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2013
I'm an adult. I have 2 wizard101 accounts. On account #1 level 69, level 21, level 22, level 8.
Account #2 level 39.

As you can see. I really enjoy this game. Am on all day and everyday.
And yes, I have no life and proud of it.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
I'm 50 this year (had to count).
Like you i'm sick to death of this formula that game producers seem to be stuck on that says that open pvp worlds, Kstealing, Ganking, Dog eat dog is the way to go. There so abundant that it's become generic.
Seriously, how much fun can people have by joining up with there buddies & ganking players 20+ lv's below them?

Wizard 101 is a refreshing change. Addictive & fun with little to no aggrivates.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
mszoeyluv on Jan 23, 2010 wrote:
I am not a child and looooove this game. My son and i play together and we have a blast. I know many adults that enjoy the game as well. I have run into a few rude lil toots but i just ignore them and port away. I have only reported one person due to the fact that she said some really awful things to my son, that were way out of line. Anyhoo, just know you are not alone and check out other W101related sites like Diaryofawizard :D Enjoy your journey through the spiral!
awwww that sounded so sweet lol "little rude toots" lol that's funny right der

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
i'm not that old but not that young i love this game.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
I'm an older player and I think your being a bit dramatic about SKing.
You still get the same experience and credit if someone else defeats a creature your fighting, so it doesn't matter if people join your battles. If people are being rude then go away from them.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
Little kids play this too!
Like even five year old kids and stuff, I have a sister that's three yrs old, she plays this.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
PandaBubs101 on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
Little kids play this too!
Like even five year old kids and stuff, I have a sister that's three yrs old, she plays this.
Oh, that is so sweet makenzie006. I'm a Grandmom, and my grandson plays (only occasionally now). I also have a family friend who lives with us, and she plays too. I just started another new account, hoping to get my daughter hooked on the game (like I am). My daughter is grown, and works a lot of long hours. I tried to explain to her how relaxing the game is, and how it could help to unwind at the end of a hectic day, or even on the weekend (especially when the weather doesn't cooperate and we don't want to be outside).

I hope your little sister enjoys the game too. Sounds like she has a really neat "big sister" (or brother?). Have fun in the game.

Survivor
May 20, 2011
idk, but i hope not much. it would be awkward

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
Depends on what you call OLDER

Put it this way, I have a daughter who has been playing it for a few years now and kept asking and asking me to try it so I could help her in quests and what not. Well, I tried it and hey, I LIKE IT!

Actually I'm hooked... Change of pace for me as I play a few first person shooter games. But the thought and detail that went into this game is just unbelievable.

In Game Name

Sloan

Survivor
Jun 26, 2013
I'm an adult in her 40s. Plus disabled due to Arthritis.
I have 2 accounts.

Account #1 Level 70, Level 21, Level 22, Level 15, Level 18.

Account #2 Level 41.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
OH & by the way I'm a 40+ male and I'm currently working in Dragonspyre on Quests and am A level 49 almost 50 in Storm. If you see me around Wiz City or elsewhere feel free to friend me if you are needing help with quests.

Again, in game name is simply "Sloan"

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
I'm a middle-aged player and I love this game. It takes me outside myself and my real life for a bit. If I have trouble completing a quest or get frustrated, I leave the game for awhile or I switch characters. My best friend introduced me to the game and she is a year older than I am. This game is suited to a wide age range. I believe families even play together. My daughter is a college student. She has her own account and plays as well.