Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
I am over 50, have 5 characters and have been playing for 3 years. I recently introduced my nieces and nephews to W101 and they love it. They get a kick out of introducing me as their Aunt in the game. I teach and assist them. I am having a blast!

Deirdra SilverBloom (lvl 72)
Taryn WindCaster (lvl72)
Padric Hextalon (lvl 30)
Neela GreenGlade (lvl 30)

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
lots of people play this game. Mostly preteens and teens but it is a great game for everyone

Brittany Rainbowstaff

I hope this answered your question.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2013
Everyone is talking about how they got started because if their kids. I wish my mom did that. all she does is scold me and say it's pointless. I'm stressed out. I need something to calm me down! Does anyone have any suggestions for me to get her into it because she is very stressed out too. Plus I'd feel less guilty because she would be playing. so ya. I would really like her to join. Please help!

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
I have been playing for a couple of years now and I'm a grandma!

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
Almost 40 here, been playing MMOs since Everquest I.

I started playing when my (then) 7 y/o asked to play Wizard101. He ended up getting bored with it (joy of undiagnosed ADD), I continued for a while. But I like to play w/ some real-life people I know.

We just came back a couple weeks ago. I'm trying to sit tight at L45, while my son levels up some more. He's only L21 so we've got a ways to go.

I'd love to get my mom into this game.

Sabrina Sunbright Pyromancer (with some ice & life)
Blaze Hawkblade Myth mage

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
i meet so much old people but so much kids who thought they have swag i even meet blaze lifehammer in the commons fyi wu server he had a horse mount and he was afk for like 2 min than he went away but thier are many old people playing w101 thats :(

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I am pretty sure I know the game your talking about since you did not mention the name of the game I don't believe you want the games name being said. On the other hand if I am correct then yes the came is very competetive and people are not very nice.Also like you said they like to steal your kills and your honor points. If I am correct let me know but I user to play it then I learned about wizard 101 and learned That it was a lot cheaper game in the long run.Hope thos helped if not let me know what I can do to help you out.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
i have been playing wizard 101 since the beginning with my kids. and enjoyed playing with them till other players would get mad. because they could not join us and were very rude and bad mannered, now we kinda only play sometimes and not as much together anymore ,tried reporting them but never anything getting done,

Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
Dear Adults,

I am an adult.
I am a mom with two boys. There are very few things we agree on and can do together, but Wizard 101 is definitely one of them! We get to play together in the same room! We get to battle together as a team, and I get to talk to them about teamwork and the benefits of working together, not only in the game but real life as well.
Not only do we connect within the game, but when my boys are relaxed and having fun, they also talk about things they would usually keep inside. Because of this, I am able to help them deal with day to day problems they'd never mention if we weren't together at that moment. Also, the older boy gets to help his brother and it fosters care and attention between them.
Thanks wizard 101!!

Champion
Jul 04, 2012
LaadyX on Jun 21, 2009 wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)
Don't worry, people think it is a bit kiddish too that i play it, and i am placed at one of the younger ages that are aloud to play this game. So don't worry!

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
Survivor
Jan 02, 2013
i'm not a kid any more and i am hooked

Survivor
Jan 02, 2013
i'm not a kid any more and i am hooked

Survivor
Aug 27, 2012
My 2nd account and I've been playing since 2 months after the game was released, I've got to say K.I. you've mad some really strange choices but I still love this game, can you just try to even all the schools out in this next world? Otherwise i'm afraid to say i'm going to quit .........

Survivor
Mar 06, 2013
To answer your question YES!!! About a year ago my wife begged me to play wizard with her and now I couldn't be happier. Coming from another online game(that I still love to play) and dealing with all the drama this game is not only enjoyable but drama free. We don't have kids but you can bet that when we finally do( hopefully soon!) they will play(at an acceptable and responsible age).

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
I'm not the oldest person in the world. But I know allot of older people that play this game. Some range from their 20's all the way too their 70's!! Sometimes having allot of older people play this game worry me some. I am pretty smart, I know not to give away real information. But some people have the nerve to ask you, your real name, age, where you live and your phone number. Kinda creeps me out especially because I am younger. But sometimes they can be really fun to hang out around, just got to find the right people. Plus, this is a family game so people of all ages can play it

Winter Wolf

Taylor Rose-90

Taylor StormBreaker-90

Taylor SilverHeart-50

Taylor HawkEyes-14(Overlord)

Taylor NightSong-35

Taylor IceShard-20

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Yep.

|~LVL 63 Angel Shadowfist~|

Survivor
Feb 06, 2012
Don't feel bad about being older and not a kid. I'am not a kid any more and I'am playing with my kids who are not kids any more.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
Let's say this, I am about to become a teen but I'm almost at promethean, what does that make me

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
coolmanwar20 on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
i meet so much old people but so much kids who thought they have swag i even meet blaze lifehammer in the commons fyi wu server he had a horse mount and he was afk for like 2 min than he went away but thier are many old people playing w101 thats :(
lucky! i really want to meet him

I'm not above teen, but I have been playing this game for a while

Survivor
Feb 05, 2012
Megan Silverflame on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
Everyone is talking about how they got started because if their kids. I wish my mom did that. all she does is scold me and say it's pointless. I'm stressed out. I need something to calm me down! Does anyone have any suggestions for me to get her into it because she is very stressed out too. Plus I'd feel less guilty because she would be playing. so ya. I would really like her to join. Please help!
I begged my mom to play, she said no. So, I started to make a wizard for her. I was taking the test and asking her all the questions, she got annoyed with me and finished the test herself, now she's addicted to it :P

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
Survivor
Jul 15, 2012
im in the middle school and some of my friends told me they adults and about a month ago their was an article from aarp saying lots of older people play it to

Survivor
Jun 26, 2013
Been collecting S.S. here for a few years, so yes, there are some older players on here....

radio