Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2012
Older than thirty, younger than 50. And LOVING it.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
Retired for some time now so you can count me in. I love Wizard 101! It is the best game I've found and I;ve been playing internet game sense before noe pets started, Yes definitely an older player.

Survivor
May 27, 2013
MUCH older player here. I started playing RPGs well before the idea of playing games on the internet came about. I still have my jewel-cut dice! I'm old enough that none of the kids (that aren't related to me) either think I'm lying or they just gawk when I tell them.

I have been enjoying Wiz101 as it is a bit more family-friendly than many of the on-line games I have seen...and it's just fun. I love some of the humor which is tucked in here and there!

Survivor
Sep 22, 2010
I am an older player, I play this game with most of my free time because I am disabled. I have to say it is nice to finally play a game where the players don't find the want to be hateful, and most of the people I meet on here are very kind and helpful.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2013
i love this game and most of the players are really nice to me too.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2013
35 Yr olde player here, My kids play Wizard and the more I watched them play the more I wanted to give it a try. I used to be a hardcore World of Warcraft addict but I found this very fun and honestly sense my kids like it I now duel them and enjoy leveling with them. My daughter loves that I play, my son I think isnt too happy I play the same game lol. Anyways "Wolf Lifeflame" is my main character, he is a Life Wizard and currently hanging around Triton Ave, soon to be moving on to Firecat Alley. Would love to find more adults and add them as friends.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
Well I am 65, and my grandaughter started me on this. She no longer plays it very much because she does not have a computer /lab top to play on. My grandson also got me hooked on this game. I am hard core hooked on Wizard 101. This is not just a childs game. It is so much fune. I am low in the scheme of things in this game and slow. I play alone and will often ask if someone needs help. I don't just run into a battle because that is rude.I use old time rules. I have made some true friends and if they say they need help if I am not in battle/or as soon as I get out of battle I port to them, after all they are friends and they need help. Since I never ask for help I hope they would come if the day ever comes that I do ask for help. I just love this game. It is the only one I play. Thanks KI for all your hard work and time. Phyllis

Survivor
Nov 18, 2012
Survivor
Feb 16, 2013
hey 4 phyllis64 I would love to play with you on wizard 101 I usually play alone but if someone needs help I help them. I am marissaroseflower on there.

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
I notice bad stuff in this game but i just ignore it and continue on

Survivor
May 08, 2011
got an oldster here. i love it for it's characters and the non violence like blood or guts shown like some other games. even the character names are delightful.

Survivor
May 04, 2013
I am a preteen (so pretty much a kid but almost a teen) and actually ADMIRE older players for just having fun and not caring what other people think.

Survivor
May 03, 2013
Both my wife and I are older players, we prefer the less complex gaming controls and no drama :) A game well worth playing and investing the downtime for.
Wolfengod and Wolfenpup

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Older Player here and I have met some nice older players in this game. One player and I have been playing together for several years, we are both up in age, like retirement. We meet in the game and quest together and have fun. Because we are adults we have spoken to each other in real life and talked about the game in depth, plan strategy, and just have a ball. It is a very special game when you have someone to play with. When we play alone it gets Boring. I remember dressing in a pig outfit with tail and pot belly, standing in commons and saying, "I need a Girl" One player passed by me and said "Lots of luck fella" My friend and I was rolling on the floor laughing. I even told one kid my tail was itching could he scratch for me. LOL..we had a ball and it is all harmless fun.
My hope is that everyone in this game finds someone nice to play it with as it will be a good entertainment for you. Alone it is slow and gets a bit tiring.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
56 pages of replies if the kids really knew how many of us are on here lol.

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
My friend Catherine SkyWalker is and older player and also my best friend in this game :-)

Survivor
Sep 22, 2010
I am an adult playing wizard101.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
same here kids wanted i got hooked

Survivor
May 05, 2013
Adult player here too. My kids discovered the game, and I made an account to help them out. Now my twin girls and 4 year old boy play with me regularly. Every Friday night we run Pagoda or Winterbane together!

Best part of playing as an adult........I never have to worry about someone else buying me crowns!

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Been playing ever since 2009
-Jordan Spellhunter

Explorer
Jun 20, 2013
Tons. Most people who have open chat are young kids lying about their age.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
The Life king Jeffrey ShadowBreaker: I say older gamers are cool but I'm young even though older gamers are more understandable then young dudes its pretty hard to understand young people

Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
LOL! Been gaming since pole position was brand new on atari2600!

-Michael Legendpyre-

Survivor
Jan 25, 2013
pinkglacier on Jun 21, 2009 wrote:
I am an "older" player as well. I just stopped playing an online game for the same reasons. Greedy and rude players. We need more fun! Only drawback I see is that once you reach level 50 there is nothing left to accomplish so until new world comes lots of people have stopped playing. Anyway good luck and if you need a friend let me know!
add me my name is allan legenddreamer

Survivor
Jan 01, 2012
Been playing for over a year. Just turned 62. :)