Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2011
old player here......I love this game and I don't care if I live to see 80 years old i'll be playing wizards in my hospital bed....I've been a true player since 2009, believe me when I say that the older generation almost equals out with the younger players. doesn't really matter what age you are as long as your having fun in safe way more power to you....

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
I'm a Grandpa and have been playing for two years now. Meet lots of older players through creative messaging that gets around the use of certain words. I really enjoy the game and my wife plays also on her computer. We team up and help each other with difficult battles. I recommend it to all my friends and relatives who play computer games. Occasionally I encounter a usually younger player who gets abusive/rude, and/or uses demeaning language, or creative curse words. In those cases, I ask myself would I want my grandchildren exposed to it, and if the answer is no, I immediately report it. I love the game because it promotes a family friendly atmosphere, and it lets me escape my stressed out reality for a while.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
dragoon323 on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
Well, I guess I'm classified as an older player. I not only remember Atari, I remember the seeing my first tv. I love wizard's, been playing over 2 years now. My only problem with the game is that I like to solo most of the time, don't have any other real life friends playing, and you simply cannot go much past Dragonspyre alone. Because I play early in the morning most of the time I don't find many others on (central). So as a result, I only have one wiz in Celestia and have never been to the new worlds, nor have I done any of the towers. I wish there was a setting you could use that would let you play solo, and make the boss battles just a little easier. I know the idea is to force you to get help, just wish the later worlds were a little more "solo able". So, I just keep making new wizards and getting them to Dragonspyre, getting stuck and starting over.
I like to solo also, but get help from the wife with her characters when available. Otherwise, I've found buying henchmen helps in boss battles a lot. I usually buy a lvl90 one of the opposite school as the boss, and a lvl60 life henchman to basically support me and the stronger henchman. Best results are to wait to buy your henchmen till the boss uses most of his pips so he can't attack your henchmen with high level spells right away. Just click on the crown shop icon while in battle then go to henchmen tab. You have to hurry a little as you only have half a minute before the boss gets to hit.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
Grandmother here and no kids playing.

I did get my grandkids to pay a few years back but they out-grew the game LOL but I did enjoy seeing them for two summers.

I too have played since '09 but I did stop for a year or more. I play other Online games as well but I keep coming back to this one.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2011
Hey Grandma, just to let you know I use to have 3 grandchildren playing, now they are on to better things, or so they say. Hah.
I have been playing for about 2 years now and really enjoy the game. In fact I have made some friends here and we get together as much as we can. Iive in the middle of the US and play mostly with people on the east and west coast. So for me I always have a friend in the sprial.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2012
Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
I'm older. I love this game! I finally found something that I like :) I live in a house of males Lol!

Survivor
May 28, 2012
I am an older player also, my boyfriend is older than I am and he plays too. I am a grandma and I have been playing for over a year now. This game ROCKS! I was hooked within a few days. :)

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
I am an older player, but I tend to keep to myself and the few players I know in Real Life. This way, I like to think that I miss a lot of drama.

Survivor
May 28, 2010
LaadyX on Jun 21, 2009 wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)
hello just letting you know that i am 37 years old and i play this game my guy plays with me he is 74 it is so great to know that older people like to play games as well whats wrong with having fun in your free time and it never hurts for someone to act like a teen ager sometimes why no they try to act older than they are

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
I found that a way to avoiod these things is to basically just whenever someone makes a rude remark (unless its a friend whos kidding around) change to another realm this will take out that guy and whoever was with him.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2009
Older gamer here in my fifties. I've been playing since 2010. I love the game and I appreciate how the Wizard designers try to spice the game up. Keep going everyone!

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
Of course here are older people playing the game! Wizard101 is made for all ages, from young kids to adults to adults with young kids! And don't be surprised if you see someone older playing. There are many adults, and I friended many people over 30.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2011
In my fifties and have been playing for three years. I just try to avoid the kids when they get rude to other players.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
Yep I am an older player, I now have my sister in law hooked on Wizard 101. Love this game one of the best I have played in a long time!

Survivor
Feb 16, 2013
I am an older player, i really enjoy playing the game. I tried pirate 101 but didn't like it. Which one is more popular game, wizard 101 or pirate 101? I also found out the higher level a person gets they disappear and i never see them on wizard are they playing pirate maybe?

Survivor
Feb 16, 2013
marissarose14 on May 14, 2013 wrote:
I am an older player, i really enjoy playing the game. I tried pirate 101 but didn't like it. Which one is more popular game, wizard 101 or pirate 101? I also found out the higher level a person gets they disappear and i never see them on wizard are they playing pirate maybe?
I want to play with older players but can' t find them, any suggestions?

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
There are lots of older gamers! It's a fun game for all. Lots of adult humor in it :)

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Llewella of Rebma on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:
I am an older player, but I tend to keep to myself and the few players I know in Real Life. This way, I like to think that I miss a lot of drama.
Sadly true.

I've gotten into Waterworks with a group of people twice now, and each time, two of them got into a shouting match about something unrelated and highly personal, and someone fled or stormed out. Things fell apart from there, and I have yet to collect shirt, shoes, or ammy.

If I could somehow solo this I would.

The few IRL friends who play this game do so at a much more casual pace than I do, and it will be some time before they are leveled up enough to go in with me. I'll keep trying, but it would be nice to have a mature, perceptive, but laid-back group going in who intend to finish as a team.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
Well, I'm not sure if you'd consider a certain player "older" player, but I have played Wizard101 for years and I continue to enjoy the new updates.
~~~ Isaac GreenGem Lvl 80 wizard

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
I'm new to Wizard101 and still learning. I'm really glad to see I'm not the only older player (Grandmother) in the game. Was feeling a bit out of place with all of the young kids playing. Still trying to understand all the nuances of the game, but there have been a couple of awesome players who have explained many things and even helped me get through my first dungeon. Really like the game.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
I have been playing this game for over 4 yrs and I am in my 40's I Love this Game have made some GREAT FRIENDS And if there is drama I can block them and go about my business have fun here and No Worries this Game is Ageless!!

Survivor
May 15, 2013
I'm a older player too. I only got that funny feeling for a while but i lost it. I love the game to much to care what others think. lol

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
I can assure you that there are many, many older players. I wouldn't say I'm necessarily an old player but I'm not young either. If you look on YouTube there are a lot of older players who help make tutorial videos and other stuff of that sort that are young adults.

I hope I could help

Survivor
May 01, 2013