Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
Hey I have met many adults, just think, we did not have this growing up so it is a big deal to us! I LOVE THIS GAME and I am way old. Most of my friend are adults and I would be happy to friend you. If your interested respond and I will meet up with you!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2011
Hey Love10cats, I also play in the afternoon and I play with an older person. So if you see me let me know and I would be glad to help you out in the quest you have pending.
Let me know when you will be on and where I will look you up.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Im starting to think there are more players over 18 than under now a days. Its a great game though so it tends to draw all ages in.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
The parents of some kids got me sucked in. They've moved on to other games but I just started.

I find that it's easier to ignore people/avoid circle jerks and stalkers by getting on real early in the AM and doing my quest battles when few people are on.

Later in the evening when the max number of players are on (for my timezone) I focus on training pets, swapping items in and out of shared bank, trading/selling, farming the next day's mount with Kraken, etc.

It seems that even the high level kids camping the Kraken are decent and "get" group play better than some of the other initiate level wizards roaming street battles. I always try to demonstrate good group dynamics by packing shields/blades/calm/healing spells when I'm out and about, so they get the message and learn how group battles work best. If they are still circle jerks, I flee the circle and let them deal on their own.

I've also reached a point where some of the FTP friends on my list are stuck or they've hit the functional paywall to advancement. If they are self-reliant and show initiative I gift them items they might not ordinarily have access to. Whining and begging --> onto my ignore list.

I do wish the chat-menu chat options were a little broader - sometimes I need to say something right away but it's buried in the chat sub-menu and I end up not communicating as well with the chat-menu players. I'm looking to see if there's a hotkey system for chat you use a lot.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2013
Older Player may be a relative term. Lets just say I remember well when Pong first came out.

Survivor
Oct 25, 2012
I to am an older player. Not too old but can drink now It would be nice to the option of older characters to be picked to play on the game. Plus the option of facial hair for the guys would be a nice to. It could be incorporated in the game as players reach certain levels . This way it actually looks as if you gained experience an knowledge as you level up and get stronger. I believe this would be a nice touch added to the game. More different faces and hairstyles to choose from would be nice to, that could be added as head gear. But overall, this the most awesome online game ever and even though from time to time there is a little drama, it is still a very enjoyable game to play and are looking forward to seeing even more worlds added and new enemies to fight, Keep up the good work.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
Me( a older player) along with my dad and younger siblings play this game

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Older player and there are many of us lol

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
Great to know I am not the only older person playing. My 10 yr old niece introduced me to Wiz recently while "babysitting". Now I am a member; she and her sister are teaching me LOL!

I am slower learning some things...practice, practice, practice. Is there a place to find out the rules of etiquette here? That I find is the most difficult to pick up and I think the most important to learn asap especially in pvp and group play. I'd like to know more so I can finish quests. I still can't figure out chat, so please be patient with me.

Thank you all for keeping the play clean, civil and fun. Perhaps we can teach the younger ones how to be great humans. Have Fun!

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
Burpo on Jun 21, 2009 wrote:
Older player here.
I am a higher level player. But I am kinda young. I still know how everything works on there.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
I think everybody should play this game, old or not. I'm not old, but I showed my sister this and she couldn't stop playing it she got hooked instantly but anyways, I'm a level 90 necromancer and I help my sister level up as much as I can by the end of this week (since its spring break of course ) she might be on level 50, so everybody can play this game, its addicting

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Well, I guess I'm classified as an older player. I not only remember Atari, I remember the seeing my first tv. I love wizard's, been playing over 2 years now. My only problem with the game is that I like to solo most of the time, don't have any other real life friends playing, and you simply cannot go much past Dragonspyre alone. Because I play early in the morning most of the time I don't find many others on (central). So as a result, I only have one wiz in Celestia and have never been to the new worlds, nor have I done any of the towers. I wish there was a setting you could use that would let you play solo, and make the boss battles just a little easier. I know the idea is to force you to get help, just wish the later worlds were a little more "solo able". So, I just keep making new wizards and getting them to Dragonspyre, getting stuck and starting over.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
Older player here as well.. i also play another mmo game where the KS'ing is gettingout of control from people on power trips. anyway love this game. enjoy it

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
Another older gamer here in my mid-20s! Been playing W101 since November 2010 and I'm not tired yet!

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
LaadyX on Jun 21, 2009 wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)
yeah there are plenty of older players on the game and i have a few friends who are adults and in less than a year i will be an adult, also i understand where you are coming from with the other stuff i have experienced it on many occasions (except for the kid part). oh and hey maybe i can friend you if you find me in the game i am a level 38 going on 39 death/life wizard named ronan duskstrider.

Survivor
May 27, 2012
Older player here and the game

Survivor
Feb 18, 2013
Judging by the difficulty, and complexity of post level 50 areas. I would bet a huge number of players are oldies.

The game got way too difficult for my 7yo after Krokotopia. So I teleport in to kill bosses and do the hard stuff. She runs around talking to people, and chasing her little sister around one of her three 100k gold houses. So she loves the world, just can't understand most quests.

I got into the game just to learn it to help out the kids. Ended up loving the world, and stayed.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2011
I'm an older wizard, but not quite that old

But I adore this game, so creative!

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Trust me, this game is more geared to older players like u and me. We probably enjoy it more than any young players out there. If u like this game, stick with it.

Champion
Jul 04, 2012
pinkglacier on Jun 21, 2009 wrote:
I am an "older" player as well. I just stopped playing an online game for the same reasons. Greedy and rude players. We need more fun! Only drawback I see is that once you reach level 50 there is nothing left to accomplish so until new world comes lots of people have stopped playing. Anyway good luck and if you need a friend let me know!
what are you talking about? The levels go up to 90!

Survivor
Mar 02, 2013
Young adult here, i'm actually glad to see these number of adult appearing, mostly because, i don't have to worry if in couple of years later i'll still have time and interest toward this game

while me parent struggle through taxes, i struggle to lvl up haha

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Survivor
Sep 29, 2011
I'm an older player. As is my mother, son, daughter and two grandchildren.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009