Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
I have no children but love playing the game, at the early stages sure a child can get into it and play around and have fun but later on it really shines for the adult player. Sometimes I wonder should I be enjoying this mmo lol I see more and more adults actually do play it seriously which makes me happy.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
yes, im an older woman, whom very much enjoys this game. but when u do say adult to someone whom u thought were friends, u never hear from them again. ( in game ) so i had to quite saying that. however then i get hit on, like will u be my girl! lol. im old enough to be many gamers thier grandmother, lol

Survivor
Feb 06, 2012
Older gamers? Depends on the definition of older.

People grow old only by deserting their ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul. You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope as old as your despair. In the central place of every heart there is a recording chamber. So long as it receives messages of beauty, hope, cheer and courage, so long are you young. When your heart is covered with the snows of pessimism and the ice of cynicism, then, and then only, are you grown old. And then, indeed as the ballad says, you just fade away. (Douglas MacArthur)

I am very young at and I play Wizard101

Survivor
Dec 20, 2011
Most of the postings are correct, it depends what one would consider older. I play on a daily basis with a friend I found on the coast. I also play with my son and his children, so yea I am a grandparent and I love the game. Well until the mess up with the new world not very happy about that but still enjoy the game. So if some of the 'older' gamers ever see me on give me a shout.

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
Lol, of course, my mom plays!

Survivor
Jul 15, 2012
My best friend introduced me to this game one night when I was staying at her house. Honestly, I thought it was stupid and childish at first. When I got home I decided to check it out again and once I really started playing, I was hooked. I reached level nine and about a half the first couple hours I was playing and had to get a card the same day. I will stop being a 'kid' in February and college is just around the corner... I love this game. I think Wizard101, while geared towards kids it seems, is fun for everyone!

I saw a couple posts in the thread where grandparents are playing and it makes me feel better about being addicted to this game! Me and my best friend who is only a month older than I am spend whole weekends just playing wizard101. I'm fighting dragons, she's still fighting crocodiles.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
I'm not old but one of my good friends on wizard101 dustin icebreaker is old , i wish my dad played too!

Survivor
May 18, 2011
Older player here and I'm playing both KI games and I love these games and I am hooked, I tell you, I am hooked.

Survivor
May 30, 2010
My wife and I have eight grand kids and we both play daily.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2012
I'm an older player - 37 to be exact! My 8 yr old daughter convinced her dad to get her an account (he's a former WOW player). They both played for awhile before getting me on board. I'm still going strong, but they've moved on to other games. LOL! I have to say I'm glad that I'm not the only older player who LOVES this game!!!

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
by old u mean?
a. grandpa
b. played for a long time
c. middle aged
d. 13 and up
e. Other

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
frnimay on Jan 20, 2013 wrote:
do you concider 72 old?? lol i guess i must be young at heart.
They did not have cool games when i was a kid, so now i play and enjoy them.
its much more fun than jacks and jumprope..or chinese checkers
While wizard101 is awesome, NOTHING is better than chinese checkers...

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Ummm Retired armed services and still young and playing.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2012
I am in my early 40's. I am ADDICTED to it. My 6 yr olds are on it after they saw me playing it and we battle together HA!
Regards
Tavia Dreamcatcher

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I think more and more older people are playing now.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2013
This is sort of off topic, but I am not an older gamer but I have friends who are 4 years and play the game.. how young

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
started playing when I was 27 I'm 31 soon to be 32... I love this game. No kids yet and all my friends wouldnt play this game if i paid them lol. I love growing my character and I'm a Magic the gathering player so this fills my card playing and gaming needs. I would love to get a gathering together of the older players in my local area.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2011
I am 25 seen a commercial for Wizard101 on tv and a buddy and I thought "lets give it a try" We are both addicted me more than him cause he's in a rock band and I am a average joe lol. But yes I like it nice get away from real life!

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
Older player here... I enjoy the game and am happy to say all my friends are "mature" as well. I have 3 complete characters (zero quests) and am closing in on the last 3.

Survivor
May 21, 2010
idk why age really matters. I am younger than a teen and I have soloed the game easily with a myth. Why are so many people having trouble in Azteca? Does age really matter?

Survivor
May 08, 2010
Old, young and in between. Wizard 101, according to numerous Gamer Mags, is an MMORPG that spans the generation gap. I for one am glad of that. There are statistics out there that show just how many grandparents keep in touch with their grandkids by playing Wizard 101.

When I first started playing online games I was concerned that I was too "Old" but that is just silly. Fun is fun no matter what your age. Now the only numbers I concern myself with in any game is my WINNING Score.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
I have friends that have been playing since celestia came out, which means lvl 60 was the max level (old)
This game is just so addicting but i just dont know why! You just wanna keep playing it fore ever!
Eh, who cares, Kingsisle rocks!

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
Older player here :)

Boris Hexcrafter
Promethean Necromancer

Survivor
May 09, 2012
my husband and i are so addicted to this game! we are both almost 40 lol! we play more that the kids do;) love this game! you dont have to be a "gamer" to love and understand it;)

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
I'm a high schooler and I love the game