Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 25, 2009
I found Orthrus to be my favorite realm, and most of the folks I meet on there are adult. Like you, I couldn't stand the creative profanity and racist remarks I have often seen on the realms that are densely populated. It has made for nice game play since returning after a break from the game and finding it a lot different from when I left the first time.

Look me up sometime
Alexandria Daisyblossom 88 life

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Pixie realm seems to be the hot spot for "oldies" (but goodies). :)

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
I'm not an older player, but many adults play this with their kids. Or some play it so they can watch their kids. Somewhere on this site, it says it's a good family game, I think. So, yes, there are many older players on this game.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2012
yeah, there is XD wizard 101 is to awesome

Survivor
May 14, 2010
Older player here, and I really love how some of the quest titles are puns that only older players would recognize. I can't recall the exact name of the quest, but I ran into one that was a reference to an 80's song and it made me laugh out loud

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
I'm an older player who has come here because City of Heroes/Villains was shutdown after 8 years even though it still had a large player base. So far this game has proven to be the most enjoyable, but sometimes hard to find people to help with difficult quests.

Survivor
May 28, 2011
Hello fellow Wizards! How's everyone doing all this time doing all sort of quest out there , I hope your having fun regardless your Age or Gender. Please understand the game we're playing especially us adults ,We're just to be extra careful on the game cause there's so many young innocent kids on the game which is not expose with uncommon words as like swearing, Perhaps some might be offended something like sensitive with a some words we've speak on the game so we have to pay more attention. so anyways I played this so can have bonding with my Mom,Dad and two Brothers actually is the best things happen to my family together.We are more closer than before and we're having questing together since we're starting playing this game.It's interesting concept and also very interactive the best part my younger brother starting to read beautifully cause of this game, he just sixth years old and start to learn how to read very good it's like really awesome. so if wear don't feel childish just because your adult doesn't meant you can't play this game.Actually this game for every ages as long as your having fun and the game is very healthy. Good luck!

Survivor
Apr 23, 2012
I too am a much older grandmother and I have been playing 4 months now and I totally enjoy the challenging quests. Along the way its fun to remind the much younger ones of their manners lol.I agree it's very fustrating not knowing where the older ones are

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
I am a younger player, but i some point i had text chat and after a while discovered a lot of my friends were older players. Also, now that i only have menu chat, i have my suspicions that a lot of my friends are adults in the game. Many of them act like it! Never once have they ever been rude to me. EVER. They all respect me and my wishes.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2012
you better believe there are. 63 here and loving every minute of it.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
i got this game for my godchildren and they enjoy it but i made a wizard for me to play and i have a great time with this game.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
I really do think that older ages playing wizard101 is a problem. Sometimes they can say inappropriate things (depending on the age of the player). I understand that games aren't going to make all older people not able to, because that would be unfair. But I still believe smart, older people can get around the system. I would like wizard101 to really try to be very safe about the ages that go on this site.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2012
bilg on Jun 22, 2009 wrote:
I am an older player and all of the kids are out of the house, one with child (makes me a grandparent). The reason I started playing is because these are the only kinda games we ( my wife and I) like to play! I was in a street fight the other day with a kid and was telling him about the "good old days" with pen and paper D&D, naturally he had no clue. So I would love to hang with the older "kids". Look me up in MB right now, getting close to done with it though. I have no problem helping when I can, I even pull off of quests and instances to go help.

Antonio Deathgiver
magus life\myth
William Icespear
magus ice\balance
thats great! maybe you can help me one day!

Survivor
Sep 19, 2012
I'm an older gamer and I do indeed love to play this game. I've meet some grest kids and adults alike and I help as many people I can with Battles and I'm level 21 Ice mage. ^_^

Survivor
Jun 04, 2012
I am also an older player way past middle age lol. It would be nice if you set it up were, when people get there membership there would be a place to specify Adult or Child player. Then say when you went into game play maybe the character name above the heads of the players could be say white for adult and blue for child. Something to make it easy for the players to distinguish it. I dont think it would be that hard of a fix and child and adult alike would enjoy the option to friend who they wanted. Also I truely respect and appreciate the chat safety for the kids but it makes it very hard to comunicate in certain cercomstances maybe you should ask the kids and parents what more they would like to see added in the chat menu.

FYI I do not play any other MMO games except KI's thank you for the great games. Savannah Life Friend

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
I am an older player and I love this game. I have been playing with my Fiance, Best friend, and her husband for several years. Both houses have children that play with us.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
I am fourscore and loving this game. What like about the game is the intracacy, detail and the software programming. I am impressed Kingsisle programmers. Same thoughts with Pirates101. Good hunting " Ol' Timers" .

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
I am in my mid fifties and was introduced to the game by my sister, who is not much younger. We both enjoy playing the game, meeting online each evening to go questing in whatever world we are in at the moment. Great stress reliever, and a great way to keep up with each other.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I just turned 53. I was introduced to the game by my kids (12 and 10) and I'm having a ball. A lot better than Wow and most of the other games. I especially love the way players are brought along with just enough challenge.

I have met some great people from all over the world - one young man I play with often I thought was in his twenties from the maturity of his actions and speech, i found was a mid-teenager, and my son meets up and plays with a retired couple when he gets home from school.

Keep up the good work, KI, and thanks!

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
Hello everyone.

I'm in my teens the game seemed very childish to me at first but found myself spending at least a few hours a day on it haha, In actually fact my sister who is alot younger then me, stumbled across wizard 101 in a window ad on facebook, Which of course sparked my curiosity of the game after seeing her play it. A few days playing and i was officially hooked on the game lol. We both are still playing even after 2 years KingIsle has done a magnificent job and its been great watching wizard101's development over the years.

Kindest Regards.
Malvin Redtail ~ Legendary thaumaturge

Survivor
Jan 18, 2012
LaadyX on Jun 21, 2009 wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)
Older players ?? OMG you would not believe how many older players there are on this game .. As a grandmother and someone new to on-line gaming this is the perfect game . I've been playing a year now and play nothing else.. I AM ADDICTED !!!!! Thank You Kings Isle for inventing this game !!!!!

Survivor
May 13, 2012
do you concider 72 old?? lol i guess i must be young at heart.
They did not have cool games when i was a kid, so now i play and enjoy them.
its much more fun than jacks and jumprope..or chinese checkers

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
frnimay on Jan 20, 2013 wrote:
do you concider 72 old?? lol i guess i must be young at heart.
They did not have cool games when i was a kid, so now i play and enjoy them.
its much more fun than jacks and jumprope..or chinese checkers
I LOVE this!!

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
I'm an older player. Born before 1950. I've often wondered how "kids" would feel if they knew I am old enough to be their grandma!

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
LaadyX on Jun 21, 2009 wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)
I know how you feel, not knowing who to trust on games when there's all this drama. I've been there, my friends cause so much drama sometimes ! There's different ages different drama different everything with everyone you meet. I feel bad everyday. Thanks laadyX for sorting things out for me you've been allot of help :)