Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
You're only as old as you feel. I'm over half a century old and still play this game. Nope, I didn't post my age, just approximate. Do whatever makes you happy is the theme of life. If playing this game makes you happy then go for it. I don't just play this game, I take walks, work on my motorhome, go camping, ride a bike, do facebook and many other things. My ex fiance who is a year younger than me got me hooked on this game then quit playing but I'm still hooked. I've played Runescape but it's not as friendly as this game. I've played other games as well but they lack the charm of this game. To you older folks like me who play this game, keep on playing and don't let others make fun of you for it.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2012
I am definitely past the kid stage lol, but not yet a grandmother lol. I love this game and honestly have met some very nice people on here. If anyone would like to just hang out or need some help, feel free to add me and I would be happy to assist!!!

Archmage Death Wizard lvl 80

Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
ok i may be a little bit older then the expected age intended but i play this game a lot. Most people around me think its kid intended but that isnt the case...i have met grandmothers that play this game...they have a lot to say and so much to show. dont get me wrong but this game is awesome i bought myself a membership withing the first three days of playing.

Wolf Nighthunter - Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
I am older and love this game!

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
i am really old but i love this game this is an awesome game :D

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
Many older people do play here, which is not normally the problem. Its the teens/kids who pretend they're adults and get open chat that are the concern. I'm not saying that the actual adults are to blame for being rude, but these days it's normally the teens. I know a few adults who play the game and they're really nice! Hope this helped! :D

~Maddie

Survivor
Apr 25, 2012
im older and love the game. stuck on mooshu jade oni anybdoy ou there can help please thank you . im level 45. marrissa master theurigist .

Survivor
Apr 25, 2012
im older and a one son and i play this game its great. . till it gets harder and you cant find anybody to help. . so add me if you want. or can help me on some of this mooshu and jontune stuff its hard.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2012
im marrissa , life. level 45 and am older i forgot to ad my name sorry. and i would like also to have other 0peole to talk to. and help me and ill help then. and the lats person that helped me with mooshu thank you he was level 80 and i need more help lol i duno to many people. thank you

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
i need some older player to help wth some quests how do i find them... more my age, im over 50 and dont want to be asked to be anyones girl friend... plz help me

Survivor
May 13, 2012
well is 72 old? i like to think i am young at heart. I have a paid account so i can have uncensored chat. however it is hard to find a good friend to help you over the rough parts like big ben . I only started in May and i am plugging along.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2012
judy4760 on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
i need some older player to help wth some quests how do i find them... more my age, im over 50 and dont want to be asked to be anyones girl friend... plz help me
im in my forties and i need older friends . to help or be helped.. and im married.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2012
Miscellany on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:
I am definitely past the kid stage lol, but not yet a grandmother lol. I love this game and honestly have met some very nice people on here. If anyone would like to just hang out or need some help, feel free to add me and I would be happy to assist!!!

Archmage Death Wizard lvl 80
i would like some help . im a early grandma but thats okay. i need help beating jotune. thank you . and there are some very nice people but thene there are some rude LOL i found that out lol. wow.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2012
I have a 3 year old son. My close friend who lives in another state has been begging me to play for a long time, so I figured I'd give it a shot. :-) Yes, I'm "older".

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
Hello, Another older person here. I have fallen in love with this game since I checked it out for my son. I have met quite a few wonderful older people in the game. We help each other out and quest together.I noticed a lot of people looking for help in the game. My friends and I would be glad to help. I am sure they would also. Not sure how you can find me. Maybe someone can help with that. If you can find me i will help.

Autuumn Ravenheart -Life 81

Autumn Ravenshield - Death 61

Autumn ravenbreeze -Ice 26

Keep playing and have fun. That is what life is about. You will meet more people as you go.

P.S. You can tell the older people from the younger ones by the way they chat. LOL.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
I wouldn't say I'm an older player, but I have been playing for a long time. I recently started playing again due to just quitting another MMO that was very unfair. I have to say, I'm actually very happy I quit the other website since I realized this website has a friendlier environment. Even though all the things the person who started this thread posted, I think this is a very creative, fun website that you should feel comfortable no matter what age you are.

Good job Kingsisle

Survivor
Mar 17, 2012
I have been playing Wizard101 for 5 years and i love this game. I am also and adult player i hope you have as much fun as me!

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
I am an older gamer and would love some of you to add me to play along with!

Sarai GhostStalker
Level 79 Storm

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
Yeah there is plenty of people that are "older" so just have fun & don't worry about age ;D

Survivor
Dec 02, 2012
my wife and i are "older" players
long time mmo players .. tbh its refreshing to come into a game like this and its very enjoyable ..
my 5 year old loves it as well and its a good gaming experience w family

Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
I am a Older player . Good luck in Azteca everyone :P

Ethan Thunderspear
Level 73

Survivor
Mar 12, 2012
I'm an older player and love talking about the game with my children who also play. I remember watching tv shows like the Waltons and All in the Family with my parents when those shows were not in reruns. We all play together now just like when my family would sit around the tv.

Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
i around teen years and i got acess to all areas!

Survivor
Oct 08, 2012
I am an older player. I never thought I would admit that. I have been a gamer for 27 yrs when my son got N intendo for Christmas. I was hooked from the beginning. MMORPG is new to me and a wonderful surprise. I am on here all the time. I make the bed..get on and play, Wash dishes..play. Wash clothes..play and so on Thanks KI.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
One here just turned the big 30! I was playing this game afew years back and stopped. Now that my sisters kids are old enough to enjoy MMOs like I do. It has given something for us to do together. It's fun hearing about how they killed a cyclope, used the blood bat spell for the first time or they got a new pet.

I don't like how some players are using the open chat and manipulate words that are not blocked into foul language. My sisters kids are to young to understand what they are really trying to type, but I can read.

I found to keep them from coming into contact with players of this nature it's best to play with her kids on low population servers.

On a side note have any of us old grumps picked a server that we have claimed in the name of Grumps lol? Would love to have a server to call home for me and the little ones where we dont have to deal with players like I talked about above.