Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2009
Yes it sounds like there are quite a few of us (younger) older players out there I wish KI could make a realm for all of us old timers I started playing in 2009 with my 10 yr old son and now me and my husband team up We also play Pirate 101 Thx for the cool games Esmee Stormwisper

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
My husband and I really enjoy playing, it's become a unique twist on family game night without our son.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Jul 12, 2011
LaadyX on Jun 21, 2009 wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)
Same here but it seems that people do tell other players there age and where they live.Some of them use foul launge which is really common.But i'm glad we have fillterd chat less name calling and such :)

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
Im an older player too. Ive avoided accepting friend requests for the longest time because i preferred to just keep adult players added, not kids.I use to regularly play another 'game' that i spent 6 years with, but finally the drama just became too much and i left. Im enjoying the drama free fun of this game. I would love to start adding people now that i found this thread.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
WillowTheWitch on Oct 13, 2012 wrote:
there are plenty of them. but some older players can be very inappropriate. i thought this game was for younger people. sure its fine having older people play but they find ways to curse and very bad things which i wont say. but i would ask if the older players would go play something else because i am tired of people going up to me and saying " wanna have my babies" so i ask, inappropriate people get off this game and go play world of warcraft or something

yours truly, Diana willowsong, a mad wizard
I'm fairly certain those "older" players were probably teenagers.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2012
I am older player too. I like the pace of this game.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
Iam gonna have to agree.These people bothering youare not adult players, they are teen guys.Adults playing Wizard101 are either on here with their kids, or are herejust to have fun and relax after a stressful day. The last thing an adult player would be doing is bothering kids like that.The most likely culprit are teen guys.

Survivor
May 13, 2010
AutumnRavenBlood on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Iam gonna have to agree.These people bothering youare not adult players, they are teen guys.Adults playing Wizard101 are either on here with their kids, or are herejust to have fun and relax after a stressful day. The last thing an adult player would be doing is bothering kids like that.The most likely culprit are teen guys.
I agree AutumnRavenblood. The most likely culprit to that kind of behavior are teens, although there are a few that do show respect for the other wizards, but most I see are cursing and using sexual language especially on Wu realm and in the dye shop and it looks as if they have migrated to the bazaar.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
I am a new player and still learning how to play. I am a real, real old person but love to play games. I discovered this game and I am hooked on it. My kids think I am crazy but I have nothing better to do with myself so I play games. I do have questions but do not know where to post them. I will keep learning though.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2011
there are very many older wizards out there

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
wende917 on Oct 21, 2012 wrote:
I am a new player and still learning how to play. I am a real, real old person but love to play games. I discovered this game and I am hooked on it. My kids think I am crazy but I have nothing better to do with myself so I play games. I do have questions but do not know where to post them. I will keep learning though.
I am an older player also, so is my husband and mom who also play. My grandson found the game and I started with him.

As for questions - most can be posted right here in the Ravenwood area. If they pertain to certain worlds you can post there.

Altho I did most of my learning on Wizard101Central.com because I really didn't know about the forum this can be a good place to get opinions on game play.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
There are four family members playing and they are old enough to have grandchildren and I have great grandchildren. I hope that answers your question about age and the game.
Some of my friends play with their children so they are up there in age too.
I love the rules, hall monitors, and clothes that cover up. Civility isn't just for children!
In my family there are two young children who quit playing the game. I think the early part of the game is for kids under 13 but after Moo they began to get discouraged because they needed help. What they loved most about the game was the freedom of being on their own. (me too) As soon as they needed help they lost interest. I hope KingsIsle can hear that. Kids love a space where they don't need help or parents.
Mattie

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
I forgot to mention playing the game is a great way to interact with family that is far apart. My little ones play with their grandfather, grandmother, Aunt, and Uncle. We get on the phone and chat while we play. I do that with my Daughter. Most fun I will have all day. The game itself makes a great gift and when I buy someone crowns I am a hero for a week! Christmas shopping is easy at my house. lol this sounds like an advertisement from KingsIsle.
Mattie

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
Trust me, there are LOTS of players who are older than you and you don't know it. All of the players who have the freedom to say what they want are all 18+ and all of the people who have filtered chat are all 13+, and there's quite a lot of people with those options.

-xandrakittiluv3802

-

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
i play with a large group of people from youngsters to elderly and most here are older

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
hi still playing the game and am definately older but i wish ki could figure out a way to get open chat for people like me who cannot or will not get a credit card but get the gift cards instead each month to be able to play the game most of my friends are older and it gets annoying when you can see they are using open chat but part of the conversation is missing and all they can say is sorry i cant put it in normal chat i know ki needs to protect the kids and i applaude the way they have done this but please try and figure a way oh and by the way i would never change to another game this is the best

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
old one here I started playing this game because it reminded me of Magic the gath. and I started playing that when it was new. so...

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
of course there are older people can play this game no matter how old they are.

Also Good luck getting to archmage

Survivor
May 14, 2011
Another older gamer and wizard101 fanatic here...Lets just say alot older than most. My adult daughter and Son Inlaw also play. Call me grandma too. I am so hooked I have two yearly membership accounts plus Pirate 101.All in all I have 12 fabulous Wizards.

Savannah EmeraldSong, Jessica EmeraldSong, Olivia EmeraldSong, Noah EmeraldSong, Elijah EmeraldSong, Daniel EmeraldSong.Kelly EmeraldSong, Katie EmeraldSong, Nathan EmeraldSong, Angel Eyes, Alia Seablossom, Alexandra Seablossom.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2010
Yes, there are many, so many I can't even count how many people have open chat. In my opinion older gamers play Wizard101 either their children play it, or they play it for fun. I play it to have fun and be cool, and plus i got addicted to it. Nicholas StormEyes Level 80 Archmage Socerer

Survivor
Oct 27, 2012
Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
LaadyX on Jun 21, 2009 wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)
I love the environment, but in Player vs. Player most adults aren't very nice with sportsmanship. But i am fine with it.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
My wife and I both play - got started because our grand kids play! I like the atmosphere much better here than on other on line games.