Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Kittygrams,
My darling youngest son recently pointed out to me that I was alive before the internet. I'm a fellow boomer too. There are a lot of us. :-)

Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
have enjoyed the game,
but am tired of being the only old person playing in my realm
its lonely

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
I am older than many of the 'older' players here. I am in my upper 50's and have a good friend in her 60's who also plays. We are both on just about every day. So glad to hear there are other 'oldies but goodies' on here.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Me and my wife both Play. Lets just say I am over 35 and she is about 12 years older than I am. We enjoy playing Wizard101. Just because we are older ( or alot older in some cases) doesn't mean we aren't kids at heart.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
yep me to older player here lvl 62 storm Ronan Stormcloud, always looking for others to talk with that have text chat

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
I am an adult player with two sons in the military. My youngest just started boot camp and graduated high school. My friend plays and is top levels. I do think this game is rather addictive LOL

My biggest issue with the game so far....
I find it difficult to communicate with other people!
I put my age in when I signed up and I still have a kiddy chat. So frustrating!

Basically it says you have to make a purchase or spend money then you can unlock the chat feature. So I went and bought $20 Gift card and added it to my account. Only after I did that did it say the gift card won't unlock the chat because you have to make a purchase with a credit card or debit card. I am not a happy camper! I do not and will not use those for games. I always go and buy the gift cards because they are safer.
PLUS...
Everyone assumes your a little kid due to the chat feature and won't give ya the time of day or help. Especially when I cannot find the Mist wood ( to build a crafting table) or find the Golem Court Smith to finish that quest But I"m really frustrated with " Clock work Golem quest". I have played for two days trying to finish this but it kills me when they have less than 50 strength and I had 200+ at the very last monster to kill. Every time no matter how much power/strength I have it simply won't let me pass. UGH!

Sorry I got off topic! Yes, myself and my friend are well over and at least double the age for open chat LOL
My friend who's played for two years ONLY has adult friends. I don't mind the kids but it would be nice to find other grown up and adults to hang out with.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
RoloX2 wrote:
I would say that my wife and I are older than the types who use "boyfriend" and "girlfriend". :-)

I am old enough to remember Gary Gygax (I played when Advanced D&D came out).

I am old enough to remember Nolan Bushnell (founder of Atari...still have my 2600).

Older player here as well. I DM'd many a AD&D game in my High School years (going to my 30 year HS reunion Sept. 29th!). I also have a 2600 laying around SOMEWHERE.

I'm also physically disabled. I'll be starting another thread about THAT, but I find this game VERY easy to play if you have limited use of your hands. I don't have any problems winning fights or doing things even though I have problems with fine motor control. I can't say that for say the "Star Wars Old Republic" game, as well as others.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I play with my sister and brother-in-law and we all love this came and have played almost from the beginning. I wish there was a way to know who the older (adult) players are though. More or less like creating the "vintage" wizard 101 players lol. :D

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
tec54 wrote:
I play with my sister and brother-in-law and we all love this came and have played almost from the beginning. I wish there was a way to know who the older (adult) players are though. More or less like creating the "vintage" wizard 101 players lol. :D

Awesome Great to see there are still people active and playing and reading the threads. I see there were many that responded to this post, however, many don't seem to play anymore. LOL

So how do we find older players and get friends on the game?

Survivor
Nov 04, 2011
Adult here! Currently zooming around Marleybone on Sestiva Hexbreaker, L30 balance, and back in the first zone on Autumn Moonblossom, my L9 Life. Love the game. Utterly love it. But I need to learn better play and tactics. I've got the basics down, but I am not the most brilliant player.

I have full chat settings on, and I have a chat window where I can see people talking, but for some reason it doesn't give me a subwindow to actually TYPE in. I have tried everything, but nothing works. Any idea how to fix this? It's bleeping embarrassing to be asked things, and not be able to respond.

After my first week of being on the game, I shut off friend invites because it seemed like I was getting nothing but begging all the time. If any of y'all more sane folks mind reaching out to me, it'd be great. I hate exploring the Spiral alone.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
Older player here, well not uber old, lol. I love the game and I have been playing for about month and a half and my wizard name scot ravenforge, so if you see me hit me up. Currently to date lv 57 pyromancer.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
I suppose I'm "older". Older than a pretty good chunk of the players anyway.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
hey NexusLady you can find the smith in Golem court right behind the tower near that cave entrance to the right behind a tree :)

Survivor
Aug 19, 2012
I would be glad to help anyone who needs it. My character name is Matthew Bluestaff. I will always have blue clothes with orange trim. I found the Golem and Olde Towne Smiths by accident but cannot find the Commons one at all.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2012
I am also an adult playing W101. I just started playing a week ago when my son convinced me to play with him. He's 9 and I'm 30. As soon as I started playing I became addicted and love the game. I'm already up to level 20. We play together all the time but I'd love to play with other adult players. My name on the game is Michelle Wildthorn and I'll be riding on a black horse. I just started and love to make friends. Who doesn't need some help when fighting those big bosses? :D

Survivor
Feb 09, 2010
Older player here too. I started playing this to have something to play with my older boy, 5 at the time, while I was working overnight. 3 years and another little one later, he doesn't play much anymore but I play every day. I'm BIG into derby and it's as tough as any "older person's game" to stay on top of the racing heap.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
Older gamer here as well, and a married one that has a husband and two children that both play as well. :-) Except for a few odd instances of people finding creative ways to curse or be crude, this is the best game environment I've ever played in.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2012
Hi everyone! I'm a grownup player too and I'm really happy to find this thread. I've not ben playing long. It started this summer as part of routine monitoring of what my kids were doing online and now I'm totally hooked.Up until now I've been happy soloing as I figured out what I was doing and how to use my spells. Now that I am facing more difficult opponents I have been longing for someone to play with. My kids... bless their hearts... are still more concerned with does their pet match their robes than in any serious dueling.

I am a level 22 Myth with Life secondary. I work weekends so my playing time is usually during the day and late at night after the kids are in bed (eastern time). Who wants to join me and kick some boss's butts?

I have an idea... How about if we all start hanging out in the same realm to make it easier to find each other. I usually play in Vampire because it is never crowded and the farming is better. I'll be there tonight after about 9pm. I look forward to meeting more of you.

Iridian Stormheart

Survivor
Aug 22, 2012
:P Nice to see that there are older folks playing this game. After playing World of Warcraft (since it was initially released almost 8 years ago) I was just looking for a change... an MMO that wasn't especially intense.

I remember seeing the Beatles play on the Ed Sullivan Show back in 1963... so this "old man" (with a nick knack, paddy wack, give a dog a bone) is enjoying the game play and is quite content at the moment.

I do wish there was a way to connect with older players in the game though. Older individuals like myself (I suspect quite a number of them) don't worry about whether or not someone is a "newb"... we're just here to have fun.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
I used to have a friend who was an older player.She was a nice girl,but she deleted me.There are many older players,and they're the same as you are!

Hunter Dragonheart,
Level 74 Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
:D I am an older person and i play W101 and love it.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
I am an older player who started out playing by helping my six year old son with tougher battles for his age. I enjoyed playing with my son and his wizard so much that I created a death wizard on his account for myself. My wizard is now level 78 in Avalon. He is also a pvp commander. Just can't seem to make warlord. Grrr those pesky kids! Lol. I even created a myth wizard to help train pets. He is level 30 and also a pvp commander. Every morning before work I tend to my PBC garden and train my pets (Just reached mega on my firs pet with proof defy sprite unicorn and sharp shot. Going for a second mega pet now). I play for hours in the evening once the kids and wife are sleeping. My son thinks i am awesome for playing w101 my wife well not so much lol. I am in the EST zone if any other older players are looking to quest or pvp.
Morgrim Shadowhunter - death 78
Valor Battleblade - myth 30

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
older gamer here! I began playing with my daughter a year ago, still having immense fun, my only wish would be a better way to communicate with others but i understand the restrictions.

Anywho, if there are any other older gamers who want to group up to quest, try messaging me on Mycin thunderpants after 9pm est during the week and ill try to help out.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2010
I know quite a few older players currently playing the game, its not uncommon to find them running around

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
Older player here. My son got me into it now both my sons and myself play. I'm up to level 70 and they are at 52. I love that you can't tell ages in the game.