Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 21, 2012
Pleasantly surprised to see so many older players have responded to this! Now if only I could run into some of you in the spiral.
I was first introduced to this game by my older brother (30's, while I am mid 20's) and am surprised that I have become so addicted to this game. I am currently questing in Zafaria - character name is Morgrim Ironfist. So if you see me, feel free to say hello or ask for help!

Happy gaming :)

Explorer
Apr 05, 2012
kelseydog112 wrote:
What do ya mean by "older"? Teenagers? Preteens?
I think the original poster meant "older" as someone over 25 years old. I fall far above that implied age.
Since W101 is marketed as a family game, you have to expect many parents play here with their children.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Check out "Wizened Wizards" Social group on the Wizard 101 fan Site, Wizard central. Yes, many older wizards play this great game!.

And btw, you still get credit for the kill as long as you live to the end of the duel.

And yes, KI does pay attention to reports. Many, many wizards are muted or banned for reportable offenses. The key word is reportable. Check out the "Rules of Conduct" to find out what is and is not reportable infractions.

I have been playing since Wizard was fresh out of beta and am amazed at the progress of this game. Can't wait to see what KI has planned for the future.

Hope to see you in the Spiral!
Liz Dreamweaver, Dreamcatcher, Dreamrider, Dreambringer, Dreamfinder, and Dreambreaker

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
I'm also an older player! Where are all the older players hiding? I seem to be running into nothing but rude kids lately.

Explorer
Apr 05, 2012
I am the unofficial "Mother" of several younger players. I help them in battles, show them were things are and do other motherly things.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2009
older player here. been playing almost a month now and at level 46. I would love to group or play with other older players. Most of my friend invites are kids wanting gifts or help ever 5 min. Would like to meet a group of players to do dungeons with as I am struggling with them. Look for me in game character name is Ian Legend. Currently in Grizzlehiem trying to figure out how to defeat the 3 brothers solo. :*(

* try to do Helgrind Warren but the last door to the boss won't open for me

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
I'm an older player. This game looks like it has a great player housing system, much better than the other games I've played. Also the turn-based and card-based combat system is unique and interesting.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
In response to a lot of people asking where other older people are playing I stay on Wraith at all times because it is the last to fill up so if you are on Wraith and see "Liam Nightsong" and need help never be afraid to ask.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
I'm also an 'older' player and wouldn't mind doing some adventuring with other adults (of course in the time between helping my son ;) ).

My character is Artur Deathstalker and I'm currently in Marleybone (in fact, could use some help with Kensington Park). I tend to be slower in completing zones as I like doing all quests before moving on, so I am currently a level 33 in Marleybone, whereas I believe my son was well into Mooshu at that level.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
Got by young daughter into this game on a recommendation from a friend (she is only 4 so the hand/eye co-ordination of more arcade type games what getting too difficult for her the longer she played them). I ended up creating a character to play with her, then one for myself, then my wife joined, created another charcater then another character so all of us can play. Very addictive game, my whole family is loving it.

Can't get the chat to work for any of us though. I manage all the accounts, have it turned on for me and my wife but still can't type in the chat box.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2012
lol i am so addicted to this game i stay up during the night to play it! I feel like I am the oldest player, but no one really reveals their age or who they are in real life...im a grandmother, but my character is a boy! One day this young player texted me because I had offered to trade her some cards for nothing and she was telling me she was married! LOL I didnt want to embarass her by telling her I was a woman! Anyway, dont people really go to other places to hook up when they want to meet someone?

Daniel Lionheart, level 31 life school

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
I'm older, much older! I don't mind admitting I'm lost with some of the icons, what the treasure cards do, and in general how the advanced dueling works. I tried to re-take the trainin, but it was ot an option.

Those of us who did not grow up with these infernal machines need help!

irshgypsy41

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012

Id love to chat with older gamers.
my son got me hooked on wizard101 & i love it...but every1 I meet in-game seems to be really young and either rude or perverted...lol

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
Older player here also. Got hooked because of my four other sons that play this. Very calming and relaxing game for me. 8)

Survivor
May 03, 2012
I'm 9 and even i'm not surprized of how many "older" indvuals play this fun, whimsical, fantasy MMO game.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2012
Survivor
May 30, 2009
8) my sons got me hooked on this game few years ago and well i am on daily myself and one of my kids is an adult also and still plays. i havent ran into to many other adults yet, only afew so far while i played the game.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2008
Children play this game, such as myself. If i run in to an "older" person in-game they are rude to me when I am telling them not to have gfs or bfs in game. This is a child friendly game and i have been playing this game for a while. Please don't make this game not child friendly.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
What makes you think ADULTS are partaking in the Girl Friend Boy Friend thing?
Did they tell you their age and you then took that as truth?

I would warn everyone against believing a "wizard" in a game... they MAY say they are 20 something etc, but they could also be lying. I have seen people make many outrageous claims and people then believing what they say. When you have people behind the pseudo anonymity of a game, message board, chat room etc you will also find people ready to lie, cheat and scam others. To protect yourself and others, please do not take what others say in game so seriously.

Until the GF/BF things is against the Terms Of Use, Terms Of Service that we ALL Agreed to, there is nothing any one can do about it. If something breaks those specified terms, detailed by both Zeke and Prof. Greyrose on this very message board in many places... the report the player, state in the box what they did to break the specific terms, then send, click ignore and move to another area in the game.

FYI; I have not run into one single "adult" in game that plays the GF/BF balogna. Most "adults" have been polite, helpful and watchful for younger players being bullied or subjected to profanity in game.

The only ones I see doing that GF/BF stuff are teens and younger. Most of those same people are the ones who are quick to be rude and or hateful if you point out their bad behavior.

Although, they could be adults pretending to be kids and the opposite is true as well. Just be careful before you start pointing fingers.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
I am an "older player" myself. I am an adult and I enjoy this game a great deal. This game is very strategic and fun as your levels increase and it is fun for all ages. To me this game is a good change from run of the mill mmorpgs. see you in the spiral :)

Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
ha ha I may be the oldest on here I use to play Diabllo years ago but it was a little to how should I say bloody for lack of a better word. My grand daughter showed me this game yes I said grand daughter needless to say I was hooked as bad as she is. its a lot of fun but the only thing I can find wrong is it is hard to find any answers to my questions about it like can you arrange your spell cards so that you can use the ones you want first and not just some random order.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
I am an "older gamer" I grew up with EQ and UO then finally progressed WOW but I find the combat system in W101 more entertaining the worlds less depressing than other MMOs. I honestly enjoy this game more.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2012
Well lets just say im a young adult. I just started playing W101 like a month or two ago and it would be awesome to meet fellow ''older players'' as well.

Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
LadyX,

I actually think there are a great number of "older" players, many of us started playing with our grand kids and got hooked and now play simply for the fun of it. I know there are some kids playing but as you move through the different worlds you will see that the play is much too complicated for younger players to play alone without an adult. I have a 6 and 10 year old grandkids both are videogame savvy, playing on a number of different game systems but neither can play the game without my help. So I think you will find that you will come in contact with many more adults than children.

Have Fun! May your magic take you far,

Sarai Thundergrove, Magus Pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 11, 2010
I'm in my forties and my sister, who is a little older :), play daily. I looked into this game out of curiosity, never having played an MMORG before. I was hooked very early on and I turned my sister onto the game.