Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 23, 2012
Yep, older is better...
I have played many of the other MMO games, both paid and free. This is a nice easy going adventure.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
I do believe people of all ages still like to sit around at home on lazy days and pretend they're wizards. Although i see by older you mean middle aged and up, I must say as a thirteen year old, I am older than most still playing Wizard101. Though I must admit I am truly dorky for this game, it is entertaining and fun. :D

Sarah Unicorncaller
Level 49 Master Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
I'm an older player. My son got me hooked on the game a couple of years ago when he needed help beating the bosses. He gets bored easily, so he moves around to different games, but I still like this one. I have a level 70 balance character, level 66 storm, three that are all in various stages of progress through Marleybone, and one still in Krokotopia. I like the way that a dfferent character's strengths and weaknesses changes the game play. It adds variety, because you have to adapt each character's attacks & defense to each new opponent.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
Older gamer here :-) I think this game is fun for all ages and I really think there are several morals and different outcomes :)

Logan Firedust Level 35 pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 11, 2012
There are a lot of kids and teenagers who play this game, certainly. While, it's a well-thriving community with sensible, cheerful people. That's actually the reason I quit my last MMO and joined this game (and also because KingsIsle have an incredible update system compared to the last MMO who had terrible creators...).

Of course there's lots of older gamers playing W101! It's not a childish game at all, just by reading around the website (around the "parents" section in particular). So, really, this game isn't childish at all. Besides, the "children" here aren't annoying to me...besides joining in my solo fights and dungeons...but other than that...all is fine.

No need to worry ;)

-Inc4ns-

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
teenage player :) my mom says that i should just "grow up", but I've even met English teachers online!! and lots of my friends play too, so I don't see any problem with older players :D (just as long as they don't start bossing us around :P) and I'm fairly certain that there are lots of families (including parents) who play wizard101

Survivor
Apr 01, 2011
Middle aged player here. I got into this game because a friend of mine(also middle aged) was playing it and said it reminded her of a cross between Pokemon and Harry Potter. I am not big on computer video games but I just had to see what she was talking about. I have been hooked ever since. KI is great with there costumers and the game itself is very well made. I asked my DH if it was childish of me to like playing it and all he said is if you are having fun and you enjoy it then no.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2012
Lol, Yeah I'm a older player. But I love games in general, specially online games, and games like this. I think its great, very addictive, and fun. :D

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010
I am an older player as well I am grown with three kids and my kids also play and like watching me play. I have played about two or three years and used to play a lot with some really great people, a lot of them are gone now and I miss them but I hope I'll make new friends. You can find me as Sarah Iceweilder, Sarah Ironcloud, Sarah Deathbloom, Sarah Lifebringer, Sarah Firecaster or Sarah Stormbringer.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
i find lots of people older than the intended age, (I remember something from 5-99 yrs right?) mostly friends with people in there teens - Tys

Survivor
Feb 14, 2012
Does old enough to be on early Social Security count? I found this game by accident a few months ago and I love it! If I had kids I would be encouraging them to play as well. Keep up the good work Kingsisle.

Rowan Earthstrider
Balance
lvl 68

Delver
Apr 10, 2010

I've posted on this topic before. Older (maybe not always wiser) and I guess I'm getting to the "old fogie' stage in life. lol

I had my ice wizard in the dungeon leading up to Mirror Lake yesterday and another wizard was "singing". A concept I just don't get in this game. He wasn't contributing to the fight at all either. Anyway, upon being asked if any of we other three wizards had ever heard this song and hearing a resounding no, we were told we were sad. lol Before we were completely out of the dungeon, he was placed on ignore. Something I should have done at the beginning.

Survivor
May 01, 2012
Nearing middle aged player here , but since I started counting backwards on my birthday a few years back....I might be a young adult now...lol
Started playing just last month , after hearing about it from some people I know that are around the same age...subscribed after the 2nd day when I got to the point where you needed to pay or buy the zone to do some quests I had! Now , I have been doing way to much gardening...and getting my sea dragon to epic...and spending far to much time decorating my death school house...

Angus Thunder Pants 44th Death wizard

Survivor
May 19, 2012
Survivor
May 21, 2011
Survivor
Apr 26, 2012
Another older player here as well. I still play all kinds of RPG's, both on PS3 as well as on the computer, but sometimes I want something a bit less stressful and this is a very fun game. Seeing as I usually like to play magic wielding characters, this game is perfect for me. Looking forward to the new Pirates game they are releasing soon.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2012
My partner and I both play and can say we are daily players and neither of us is young anymore, my partner is in her 30's and I am in my 40's. We got started with this game playing with our young teen children but the kids have since moved on and found other games to play.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
I am also an "older" player who came here because it would seem other similar games have lost sight of what a game is supposed to be. I am equally looking forward to Pirate 101 which I think I am going to enjoy even more!

Survivor
Mar 11, 2012

Older player here also ..... old enough to be a Grandpa actually , but am not yet lol
Long time gamer that started way back on the old C -64 and currently have a x-box 360 . Have been playing 101 ( lvl19) just a short time and am pleasantly surprised on how much I have been enjoying it . Still have a lotta whys and how to questions but will figure it out eventually .....

Survivor
Mar 05, 2010
Older gamer here as well. My list of MMO's I have played all the way to endgame is fairly large. However, that being said I like this game because I can get to the endgame without having to group up if I want, but also there is that choice if you want to as well which is nice. All in all Im very pleasantly surprised with this game and give KI good kudos for a game aimed towards kids that can actually hold the interest of a hardcore gamer like myself.

Jeffrey Hexmancer
Death wizard in an unpopulated realm near you.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
What ya say younging? Speak louder can't hear ya. What's that? No one is actually speaking, it written?! Oh, why didn't ya say that in the first place. Now, where did I put those 2 telescopes so I can see what I'm reading and typing. :P Yes, I'm an "older gamer".

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
Survivor
Mar 25, 2012
There are a lot of older players on wiz... I'm 26 and I've been lucky enough to meet some great adult friends on it. Good way of telling is if someone has open chat, although that's not always the case... 8)

Tavia Sparklebright
Transcend(ed)/(ent) Necromancer

P.S. Why did they change the title of lvl 70 when they introduced archmage? Can't even type 'transcendent' in filter chat, it comes up yellow

Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
I was very interested and I have to say really happy to see the number of posts to this question. As a grandmother who started playing with her 6 year old grandson and got hooked. I wonder how much time people are spending on this game. I have made it about half way through Krakotopia (Journeyman Fire) and have found myself looking up at the clock and being shocked that I had spent most of the night playing. HEY KIDS WHO THINK WE OLD FOLKS HAVE NOTHING GOING FOR US -- :D I can stay up all night and play because I am retired and set my own schedule. Dream, one day you too may - if you are lucky - get here.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
I also am a mom and a wife, my daughter (a teen) and I (an adult) both play together. We both have two wizards so we always have playing options and it makes it a great bonding time working together through the battles, helping each other and meeting people to join our little team. :)

It is truly a great game for people of any age.