Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2010
Good to see older people like my self still playing this game, I finally manage to get it working you can say perfect on linux :-)

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
I am a adult and just started our second account so me and my two kids can play together. I keep filter chat on, drives me boonkers, but my kids have high level wizards they use on our main account; second account is mainly used for our secondary wizards when we play with eachother. I enjoy the game alot more when I do run into adults, jelouse that they use open chat, and have made a couple of friends form other states. If I could just get my wife into playing then it would really become a family affair.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I am a older person, my stepson and i have been playing for 3 years now.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2011
CinnamonSpider wrote:
My fiance makes fun of me for playing "kid stuff" as well. Basically, I don't like other MMO's. They're boring and basically all the same. This one is much more unique.

What do you consider an older player? I'm still young, but no longer a teenager. I assumed most players were probably adults, anyway... at least in the pay areas.

iam also an older player, no kids and past my teen years. love the game. trying to get my fiance to play so I have a good partner for help lol. We are gamers and he understands why I love this game

Survivor
May 04, 2009
grandma of nine. one finally old enough to play. started when our kids were teens. down to just one kid at home. there are many nights that a two year old helps me play. she loves to watch the pet races.
just recently got my husband to start playing as well.
so add two of us to the older players list.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
oh I am a wife and mom and my friends are all parents or at least adults.

Most of the adults I know play the quests and are high level. Kids tend to be here more for the pvp and bragging rights. Not that that is the rule but something I noticed. (smile)

Don't feel alone because your not. I think I like it here because it is less blood and guts and still challenging.

actually i am lower than 11 years old and i am lvl 67 storm. I dont brag because i see novices in unicorn way (wink wink). i can agree with that because most of my friends tend to play all the violent games and are only about level 13 on here. I work on the quests so i can be entertained. not to be popular and the best at the game.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2012
Disabled old and been playing mmp games sence ultima was just out . love them an gives me something to do ..

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
I'm a really old player here, I joined about in 2009, playing about 2-3 years.

Before, everything was just play the game and have fun. I also liked to swim in my pools at my house too

I got bored and stopped playing in around maybe late 2009. I just came back to the game a few days ago and boy has it changed

there are mounts now, and also when I enabled text chat it was not what I was suspecting......there making this game not what it is meant to be lol

I dont want to play babies, i want to fight jade oni lol

good thing I had crowns left over from my last card years ago so I could get a permanent panther mount. This game has just changed over the years

Oh yea, add me to the list, you need a pen? lol

Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
Im 31 yrs young, lol, and I'm glad to know I'm not the only older person playing this game. This game is so much fun and relieves alot of stress I may be having at the time. I enjoy it very much :D

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
I have enjoyed reading all the posts on this thread. I, like a lot of folks here, started playing to check out the game for my kids but then I became totally hooked. I am a level 42 Balance type, but not in a huge hurry to level up. I like the pets, gardening, crafting, mini-games ... so much to do. I just wish there was a way to have enough energy to garden and train my pet (who by the way is a unusually dimwitted Vigilant Dragon named Blue.)

My kids always roll their eyes and tell people that their mother is addicted to wizard101. Too funny.

My best story is about my 4th grade daughter. After a couple months of playing, (in a moment of extreme parental weakness), I bought her the epic package. She really wanted a castle and she had done a few things recently to make me very proud of her tenacity. I don't use crowns much and had never bought her anything in Wizard101 so it was a big treat. Well, since I still "live" in Ravenwood, my daughter said "Mommy, I feel sorry for you living in such a tiny room. Poor Mommy. You can come visit me in my giant castle, and run around and play and stuff. But you can't stay. You can only visit. I need my space." :-P

Anyway, come find me online. I am hanging in Mooshu these days, slowly making my way through all the quests.

Sierra MoonStone

Survivor
Oct 13, 2010
Although I am not an older gamer myself, I know there HAS to be a great number of them. :D Let me just say that I play another game verrryyy similar to Wizard101 (but not so similar that it would seem like KingsIsle copied it) and there are so many older players on my friends list and off. So you are DEFINITELY not alone. :)

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
Hey trust me i met older gamers (not saying ages or names) tons of times. to me, its perfectly fine 8).

Survivor
Dec 29, 2011
Old guy here. Just started playing 2 weeks ago. My son, daughter & wife "made me a wizard" was not a big fan of computer games AT ALL. I love Madden football for XBOX though. Decided to give it a try. After many nights awake while everyone was asleep i manage to get to lvl 49 Master Pyro-somethingerother (i only like to remember the "Master" part LOL) I like helping younger wizards who ask for help. So if you need any help just ask. Kane FireBlade is my screen name. May have to seperate accounts soon from my kids (and wife) Also need to get another computer and two laptops so we can all play together as a family. Have a "101 family night"

Survivor
Apr 27, 2010
It's safe to say that you can add me to this list as well. I don't have any kids or anything to explain how I ended up playing, but I've been a major rpg gamer all my life and I don't think that hitting 30 is a reason to stop.

You can never be too old for games.

Rowan Frostfinder, Lvl 34 Ice

Delver
Aug 01, 2009
This is by far the oldest post i have ever seen. Haha been on here for years and it stays active! I think it is safe to say that us adults may play wizard101 more than kids :-). Happy playing all.

Delver
Nov 22, 2008
toontownfanatic156 wrote:
Although I am not an older gamer myself, I know there HAS to be a great number of them. :-D Let me just say that I play another game verrryyy similar to Wizard101 (but not so similar that it would seem like KingsIsle copied it) and there are so many older players on my friends list and off. So you are DEFINITELY not alone. :-)

I play that game too! ;)

Delver
Nov 22, 2008
I am older in the sence that i played this game a while. I am not even a teen but have been playing for years. Love svery second of it. I will want a mytholagy based world plz KI.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I'm old enough to remember when gas was under $0.30 per gallon and penny candy actually cost a penny, watching LIVE on our awesome black and white tv when men landed on the moon!
Been playing since 2009 and have 24 wizards at this point!

Rogan Firehammer
(no, I won't list them all!)

Survivor
Oct 24, 2011
Burpo wrote:
Older player here.

I am also older...not dusty yet,but defiantly not a kid. :-)

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
i dont really know about older players but i agree that a lot of ages play the game i started a little younger then they recomended

Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
Just hit 34yrs old myself. I play this game with my 11yr old son, he got me hooked. Played WoW for 7yrs, and it took me about 2 seconds to quit that game for good and get a family account with my son.

This is a great game and I am proud to play it at my age, with or without my kid.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Rogtim wrote:
I'm old enough to remember when gas was under $0.30 per gallon and penny candy actually cost a penny, watching LIVE on our awesome black and white tv when men landed on the moon!
Been playing since 2009 and have 24 wizards at this point!

Rogan Firehammer
(no, I won't list them all!)

I think I'm in your age range then! I have been playing since March of 2009 and still love every minute of it. I do think there are more of us "vintage" players then what we think there might be. How do you have 24 wizards? Multiple accounts? lol I only have 6 myself.

Haley Goldenheart

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
yes, there are a lot of older gamers: I know a couple of them :)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
hello, my name is angela earthwalker and I've been a member for 3 years, I'm 38 years old and i think you can never out live your childhood it will always be there it's the reason most adults stay young at heart. Have fun, be a kid all over again, i do and i have grown kids. Tell your boyfriend he might actually like it if he joins you in battles and quest, his kid side will come out too. :-) Have fun!