Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
older gamer here kids got me playing great game even find myself playing when kids are atschool etc

Survivor
Sep 24, 2011
Are you happy now? This thread has pushed me just enough to sub my account. I was on the fence hiding behind the whole "childish" thing here. But you know what? I'm having fun. I love the card based combat. There is no "Barrens Chat" I get all of the good from other places with none of that bad. Great World! Hope it stays this way!

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Semi-Older gamer :p I'm 23. I forgot what exactly got me into this game. I love playing the card game "Magic the Gathering" in real life and got online. saw this game and thought it looked pretty neato. And here I am :) I'm a legendary storm wizard with great accuracy rating. The story lines on here are excellent and keep me entertained. I have 5 little brothers and 2 little sisters and I'm actually the one who got them interested in the game. Although most go with WoW( world of warcraft ) I find I'm more interest in something a lot more simple and not over complicated to deal with. Turn base games are more my style anyhow. Woot woot for all Gamers over 18 :p

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
lolz i'm kind of sort of "older". i know my older brother makes fun of me for playing this game i tell him to get over it lolz i just tell him to get over it. he plays wow and he is just jealous i can have fun and laugh and do all this on what he calls a "kid version" of wow. he just jealous of how much fun this game is and he wont play it :)

Survivor
Apr 19, 2011
I am what you would call "an older player" as you posted about us "not being allowed to post and direct age" we can just say i'm not classified as a minor. I have an annoyance in game though. Although I am "old enough" to use text chat it is not available to me due to "parental settings" my wizards are on my younger cousins account. Anyone is more than welcome to attempt(not easy to find people because you can't message them without them first being added) to find and add me in-game, Talon Forge-level 43 death-storm and Talon Blade storm (low level created a day ago). I am a friendly, helpful, generous player. Will go out of my way to help someone demolish a boss if my certain skill area is called on! Let's all have fun and play some W101!!!!

Survivor
Nov 15, 2008
:P I am any older player, and my kids watch and sometimes plays. I also like it that there are other older players

Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
My now driving age son got us hooked on the game, there are 9 of us ... my husband and I both play, with and without the kids and we even got some of our friends to play. The "son" has since moved onto other games but we let the baby (4 yrs old) play his account now and even she loves it!

Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
protoslayer2 wrote:
yup older gamer right here i got to say i got hooked on this game just this this month. It's a really fun game
Same here. As well as my wife! I am 38, and loving this game.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
LaadyX wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)

My grandma in Florida seems to be one of the older players. She plays as if she was a kid my age :|

Survivor
Oct 02, 2011
Old guy here. Started an account to check it out after a friend told my daughter about the game. I 'm hooked, using "scouting ahead" as an excuse to play solo when I can't play with my kids. :-)

After several years of playing different, more 'serious' MMOG's (mostly EQ, DAoC and EQ2,) I got burned out on them for many reasons. This game has most of the good features of other games with almost none of the bad ones. Very nice for a 'casual but serious' player. Especially nice to share with my kids!

Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
I'm a big kid here. I've been playing RPGs of all sorts since.... back when AOL games were by the hour and just about everyone used them! (I was really old then too!) I love this game and after playing just a few hours, I bought a membership. I've been hooked ever since. I'm not too old to play this game even though I'll be seeing a 5th decade soon, and neither are you! I love the interaction. This game has been one of the best I've played so far. Lots of quests you can do on your own and lots of people you can help and that can help you when the bosses are too tough!
Thanks tons for the great game!
~Annie

Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
rbrown3333 wrote:
After several years of playing different, more 'serious' MMOG's (mostly EQ, DAoC and EQ2,) I got burned out on them for many reasons. This game has most of the good features of other games with almost none of the bad ones. Very nice for a 'casual but serious' player. Especially nice to share with my kids!

Nice! I am also a "Camelot" player!

My kids got me into this. I was a hardcore D2 player, but finally lost the drive about 2 years ago for that.

By nature, I was never a "Turned based combat" kind of guy. But this has a nice balance to it.

I had tired of playing "Jumpstart" with the kids so I guess I walked into this eager and willing.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2011
PrincessDaisy22 wrote:
Old people(over age of 50) need to get a life and get off of video games I know it says that it's a age policy 10 and above, but really this game is for kids.(Like me)So you oldies should get a book or watch golden girls all day.

That's one opinion...

I share a completely different point of view regarding the opposite side of that coin, in which kids need to "get a life" as well. Get off the video games and EARN the right to sit on your laurels doing nothing but goofing off on video games all day.

Lose the arrogant self entitled attitude, and graduate high school... join the military and serve your country... learn some respect... learn a little discipline... fight in a war... heck, fight in two!... travel to foreign countries... meet interesting people... learn a little culture... learn some humility... meet your soul mate... get married... go to college... get a degree... get a job... work in your career field you went to school for... work HARD... get married... have some kids... raise a family... travel... vacation... live life!
...................then I have the opinion that you've EARNED the right to waste your time playing video games. 8) Maybe video games should only be 55+ for those who have achieved the right to sit around doing nothing and waste their day goofing off on video games... whatta you think??

To use your own words in reverse psychology... you bnet kiddies should unplug and grab a book or go outside! There's a whole world out there for you. Leave the mindless entertainment to those of us that have earned it... (The oldies!)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Actually I am kind of an older player, still in school, but still pretty old. I see no wrong in playing games, it helps me escape from the world of drama and such. Also I have really good friends on here that our adults and I'm constantly in a group with them. Their the main reason why I still play this game =)

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
Both me and my boyfriend are older players! We love the game and have played for a couple years. We both have grandmasters, mine is ice and his is fire. Both almost to level 60 so we want new updates!!

Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
moviebuff3000 wrote:
I am old enough to know better but too young to resist. I have 2 children that are 10 that play this game.

ha ha ha..me too!..this lady doesn't have any children though...:)

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
:D Hey :) Your totally not alone here also a mom and gramma of 3 beautiful g-kids :D and I have now got my oldest grandson playing as well and my youngest grandson's already asking *make me a guy to gramma* we totally LOVE Wizzy101 :D I play as much as I can everyday lol :D Enjoy yourself Girlfriend :) no worries about the age if it's fun for you do it!
See ya in game :D

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
lol well both my girlfriend and I plays. Heard about it from her younger brother so figured give it a try and see what happens. Well ended up getting hooked lol! Anyways I have pretty much my whole buddy list being mainly older players so yep lots of older players on here :D

Survivor
Sep 04, 2011
windswalker wrote:
moviebuff3000 wrote:
I am old enough to know better but too young to resist. I have 2 children that are 10 that play this game.

ha ha ha..me too!..this lady doesn't have any children though...:)

I am a father of 2. They got me involved in this game as well. Takes my mind off the reality of the day.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
I am an older player. A friend of mine of similar age got me into the game and then I got my college-aged daughter hooked :)

I chat with other players and haven't found any drama, just many nice people.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
I've lived through 7 American Presidents... That ought to be enough to qualify as "older" but I still act like a big kid most of the time. This game is fun and it's nice not having to see a bunch of people using "adult" language. (Though I rather think of it as "immature" language.)

Survivor
Oct 19, 2011
Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
I'm an oldie and a goodie! I say you're never to old to play games, and this is a great stress reliever and time waster.
Personally for me, it's an easy way for me to spend time with my young neices and nephews who live in England, Germany, and the United States. :)

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
Kiddish? I play with my Grankids they think I'm AWESOME! I have 3 legendary wizards and help them out when I can (GRINNING GRANNY!)
LaadyX wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
I am a recent Grandfather, I have been playing for a little over two years now and really enjoy the game. If anone wants a fighting partner, I am Gabrial Storm (Death School). Find me. I have few friends but there are times when you need help against some of the bigger bosses. Also this game is easier to play then WOW and alot less intense.