Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Game Updates

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

Nov 22, 2010
Feb 15, 2009
Me, one of my best friends, AND another one of my best friend's ex-girlfriend. Three older gamers, right there.

Nov 30, 2010
I actually have encountered more adult players in-game than young ones!

Sep 01, 2009
Wife, mom and grandmother here! I love Wizard 101, and am so sad that after May 3rd, we will no longer be able to subscribe. I meet tons of parents and older folks wandering the streets of Wizard City, it's great! If you happen upon me, say "Hi!"

Erin Ice Weaver, Legendary Ice and Maximus, coolest Colossus in Celestia 8)

Jan 21, 2011
Count Me in as an Older Player that loves this Game! No kids on here I simply this off facebook of all places and got hooked! This is My first MMO type game but I must say its the only one I need I love it!

Jan 12, 2011
Hi all, it's lovely to see so many older players...
Just so you won't worry, I'm a Grandmother and retired counsellor and there is nothing wrong with playing games...
It's actually good to use your brain, excersice the gray matter and also very good for reflexes. :D

However in saying this, I would like to be identified as an older player, I am tired of little boys hitting on me LOL

I would like to make a suggestion that our name colours might be able to get darker as we get thought each decade...
For example those females aged between junior through to 20 years of age could start out with pink names and titles above their head, then at 30 it could go to Mauve, then at 40 it could go to purple...
And the same for the males just go through to deeper blues....

I have found with the young one's they are more respectful when they know you are an older player, and I appreciate this very much...
There are some that don't want to play with an older player, thats fine too!

But I would appreciate they don't disappear when your in the middle of fighting a boss, and they find out your older then they take off and leave you for dead, literally.
I hope I have put your mind at ease, that there is nothing wrong with playing games as long as you enjoy it, that's what it's all about... 8)

Nov 11, 2010
Hi I am not a older player but I love the game and would reckomend it 2 any one

There are a lot of 'older' players me and my friend

(me) Cody nightflame: lvl 22
(Friend) Calamity : lvl 11

Dec 17, 2010
i just had to comment on how the younger players treat you when they find out your older lol . i was in wizard city helping the lower level get threw thing and saw a few about dead and asked if they wanted help. got told NO don't need any young noob help (LOL) i was like wow how rude but let it go and then the guy came to me and was like wow on my level and i comment that i was about half my level so not that young . he spent over 5 mins saying how sorry he was for being rude . and now keeps asking me for guidance on quest lol

Jan 12, 2011
Panther202 wrote:
I'm not older really, but I know some older people who play, and really the reason i am here is because i was hoping someone who has played a long time could tell me how to take screenshots or snapshots of the game. And how to make an album of them. I know must be the dumbest question ever, but i really have no idea how to do it, so please if you could just bear with me and help me out some. Thank you all in advance.

To take a picture of your screen you push the print screen button on your keyboard, it's up the top row on the right usually there are three buttons it's the first on the left on the top right hand side of the keyboard...
It say Prt SCr and under that is says SysRq, it will automaticly make a folder for you, so you don't even have to do that...
Hope this info helps :D

Jan 31, 2011
I am an older player as well and I love this game, I started playing when I seen the link on facebook.

Feb 06, 2011
Panther202 wrote:
I'm not older really, but I know some older people who play, and really the reason i am here is because i was hoping someone who has played a long time could tell me how to take screenshots or snapshots of the game. And how to make an album of them. I know must be the dumbest question ever, but i really have no idea how to do it, so please if you could just bear with me and help me out some. Thank you all in advance.

i would be willing to help you out in the game if you need it just looke me up when im on i am sophia nightsong

Jan 11, 2011
You could say I'm older: I started playing because my son plays. I'm a long-time WoW player & many, many console RPG's before that. Happy to see so many older players enjoying this game!

I too love Wizard 101; it's so stress-free and can get very strategic when you're deciding how to use your cards and what to train on next. Plus the houses and gardening are very nice asides if you need a quest break.

Love it!

Mar 03, 2011
I know what you meen, i feel the same way. I actually have one of my sons and his grandma "my mom" playing this game as well. I guess I consider it a "family game night", it is definitely a game for all ages :) .

Apr 16, 2011
Older player here and I too (38) found out about game from facebook link :)

So far so good...def a good game to introduce people to these type of games before playing the big ones like WOW and (is everquest still around????)

All in all having a blast

Mar 30, 2011
i am also an older player with no kids on here. i got started playing to run on quest with my girlfriend...i am a big fan of RPG'S and this game is well put together and i love playing it....

Feb 24, 2011
Another older player here with no kids. I have always loved computer games, but have tried a few MMO games in the past and not enjoy them, I especially do not like PVP and have not tried that yet in this game. I remember couple of those games where other players would camp out and ambush newer players to steal there stuff, and hated that aspect. My sister who is also an older player talked me into trying Wizard101, and I love it. I have a level 51 Storm Mage and a level 31 Death Mage.

May 13, 2010
LaadyX wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)

older player here. I have to agree. The game is really fun and i enjoy it. I have also met a few good older players and want to say ty for being so kind and respectful. You don't see a lot of that anymore. I have even met kind respectful younger players and give my thanks to their parents for raising such good children. Keep up the Good work KI. Thank you for making such a great game

Jul 16, 2010
Lets just say I'm not quite pushing my 70's yet but getting close. Wizards is a tremendous game for all ages male and female. :D

Aug 04, 2009
my dad is like ancient and he plays and is a grandmaster ( but has not really started into celestia because of work in his way which makes it harder because i have to practically solo celestia which is hard as you move fwd in the game so i have to wait for my friend to help me with stuff who can only play on the weekends with the exception of gardening )

Jun 10, 2009
Apr 30, 2010
I am a mom of one and this is how we spend time together. I am in my 30's.

Jan 05, 2011
Well, i guess i'm considered 'older'. in 3 months, i'll be a third of a century old... this game makes me feel younger, though. :)

Sep 15, 2010
Well I can honestly say I am definitely over the age of 21 and I love playing this game!

May 06, 2011
well cant say age but I am retired AF. I started to play just to watch over my daughter. It was not long till I just loved it. This is the game I go to when I am hurting and dont want to deal with the high pace of my other game, that 1 is based on a old movie played my a now Gov of Cali. I love thm both but this is easier and fun. I would not be able to share my other game with my daughter

Apr 19, 2011
Loving to see all these posts with older players. I started playing a couple weeks ago and my daughter plays along with me. We love it. trying to get my hubby playing too. lol... :) have fun all.