Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 07, 2009
My girlfriend and I play. All though i play alot more. i have two accounts...eleven characters. I play a little of each 8) :D My eleven year old daughter plays a little also. Her and one of her friends got me into this game. Great job KI :-) Ive played many other games...and keep coming back to this one.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
I recently joined in hopes to be able to spend time with my nine year old. I live "abroad" and haven't seen her in quite some time. When I found out that she plays along with her father- I thought that maybe if I got into it I could start getting to know her a bit more! Now I am also addicted. My six year old has been also showing interest by looking over my shoulder and telling me what I should do and shouldn't do. I constantly am hearing "Mommy- watch out for that thing...erm what is it?" hehe.
So after typing that it leads to say that I am an "older player". Not as old as quite a few I have seen post in this thread (like the grandmothers and what not) but am still considered "old" since I am well over age.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
windwalker wrote:

Age is not a number.

You are definitely right on that windwalker!!

By the way, your post really moved me!
If you ever are looking for more fellow wizards to run along your side- please feel free to look me up!!

~Esmee Moonsong- LVL 12 Pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 20, 2011
Also an older player, my daughter was playing and kept asking me to try it so the other day I did...I play another mmo but since I started playing this a few days ago I haven't even logged into the other mmo. This is simple but complex at the same time with decks. Really enjoying it and my 11 yr old daughter is thrilled and I now have leverage on her to do chores *evil laugh*. I would like to meet other older players in game, kinda nervous it being a kids game..keep getting flirty to a lil to racy msg's and I think they are from younger folk, so not sure I like that aspect. I pretty much don't talk to anyone now. I have two toons atm, but I think my main is a myth named Finnigan frogfist , I laughed at the name as it was random and had to keep it!.
I play in evenings pacific so look me up, usually on sunbird since not alot of people there and I don't get the weird feeling msg's there. I know what "flirting" online feels like from an adult woman, have known many female gamers but this is off. Would love to talk to adults lol

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
Hello, everyone. I just started this game and I am impressed. I am a lvl 18 Ice/Life wizard and I am loving the combination thus far. I am not sure if there is families, or guilds here, but I would be very open to joining one.

My name is Jason and I am 29 years old. I am an avid cash shop user, I use bought that nifty lil glowing dagger thing and an outfit which I love!

Anyhow, I am always looking to make mature friends who could answer questions or quest, so look for me in game! My name is Grace Fairyblood.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
Older player here!

Let's just say I'm in the 20+ crowd, though my boyfriend (who is about 12 years older than me) is the one who showed me this game. :) I couldn't get into WOW, or any of those other games, because people take themselves too seriously- here, it's all about team spirit and having fun. Even though I prefer to work alone, I've made a few friends here, and they are great- this gamer stuff is new to me, so the help is always appreciated. That, and I've been a fan of Harry Potter since I was a little girl- that's what really makes this for me. :)

I don't understand the online "flirting"- I've seen younger members doing it, and it makes me uncomfortable. I want to tell them to keep it to private messages- I don't need to see your sugary-sweet words plastered all over my screen, thanks.

I agree with windwalker, though, that age is only a number- I've met a ton of great people here, and I don't care whether they are 8 or 108; my infant nephew is a lot smarter than some people my age. :P

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
Yes, I confess to being an older player (older than what)...over 20, but younger than 60...he..he..giggle...I agree some of the players are a bit sleazy one of them asked me if I had a cam and he would give me some cards if I let him see me (did not as what he was wanting to see) had him as a friends and ...POOF he was gone no friend of mine...creep!...I usually played the boring games on facebook and saw this advertised on there decided to try it for free...(ha...ha..can't get anything for free)....then forked money over for a month...was having fun until I got to the keeper of the fang quest and have tried to complete that 2 times without completing ...My name on here is emilywildflower...hope to see you 8)

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
Lower 20s here. Never thought i'd get into this game. I never cared for harry potter, except for the first book, and I hate card games like yugioh and magic.

Yet i somehow am addicted to this game. It must be the fun atmosphere (minus the 12 y/o hook up chatter lol)

Survivor
Mar 09, 2011
Older gamer here as well I am totally hooked I've been trying to recruit some more players as well.Love this game I just started a couple of weeks ago and ran the free version for 6 wizards till I was done with all 6 on free.Just became a member last night and I can't wait to start switching between wizards and going on some quests!!

Survivor
Feb 13, 2011
older gamer here, I've played console games most of my life, then i started dabbling in online games, this is my 2nd, M.M.O. an by leaps an bonds more enjoyable then the first one i played. a person should never let "age" prevent them from trying something new, no matter what it may be. what is important is wither or not you enjoy what it is you are doing,

Survivor
May 30, 2009
:D i am an older player,, my son and his friend wanted to go in and asked me to check it out, i made a character for them and i kept it telling them they need thier own now that i wasnt able to get off. all three of my boys and my youngest friend plays all the time like i am. i am hooked and have many characters now and loving it being on here

Survivor
Oct 25, 2010
LaadyX wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)

I'm old enough that I play the game with my 2 middle granddaughters. I have 4 of them. I enjoy it immensely and always make sure to budget the monthly subscription into my expenses. I just wish there was a place for us all to gather where we could discuss the game, our kids, etc. I think we could make a heck of a support group for older in-game players.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
older player here , got drawn in by friends and now play with there kids and others lol . lets just say i remember when atari came out new lol i was a kid then

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
believe me no worries im a grandma raising 3 grand babies who got me started playing and i love it! actually cant stay away from the game lol!

Survivor
Mar 25, 2011
I have been actively playing now and I have to say I also feel OLD when playing. BUT I am hooked!! I love it, I play another game also, but it is more strategy than quests. We have to take over lands and conquer areas with our alliance. I am thinking about leaving it to play this full time. :) If you are looking for a friend to help you on a quest, come find me. Scarlet EmeraldWeaver

Survivor
Mar 25, 2011
I have been actively playing now and love it! I was playing a different game also, which should remain unnamed, lets just say we took over lands as an alliance and conquered the server. I cam here to try it out and love it. I am thinking about leaving the other game to play here full time. way to go wizard101.

Also if you need a friend to help you with your quest, come find me. Scarlet EmeraldWeaver.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2011
:D Hi all I am an "older player" too. My daughter showed it to me, and I am now addicted!!!!! Looking forward to meeting some of you online!

Survivor
Feb 28, 2010
cool how you brought this up, im a older gamer i guess, teen years count right? lol

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
older gamer here as well and i really love this game i think this is the best game i have come across yet

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
I'm not older really, but I know some older people who play, and really the reason i am here is because i was hoping someone who has played a long time could tell me how to take screenshots or snapshots of the game. And how to make an album of them. I know must be the dumbest question ever, but i really have no idea how to do it, so please if you could just bear with me and help me out some. Thank you all in advance.

Survivor
May 10, 2010
I Know you can't say your age here. Let's just say I'm a mother of two toddlers. My husband and I both enjoy playing this game! Love the enviroment! :P

Survivor
Sep 03, 2010
Older Wizard here as well :)
As many have said throughout the forum, its a nice stress free relaxing game, I love the turn based system and the fact of playing wow for 4 to 5 yrs and having to worry about positioning and rotation.. this is a nice and welcome change.. I really do enjoy this game a lot :)

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
I'z an adult player here

Got into Wiz101 because of my wife's little cousin. Then I got my wife into the game. I found Wiz101 fun because it felt like a mix of Final Fantasy & Kingdom Hearts. The Final Fantasy series being 1 of my favorite games. I wish we could build gummy ships though.

Just some gaming backround here:

Hardcore Halo player (all of them), Ninja Giden, F.E.A.R, Bioshock, Turok, Fallout 3, Elderscrolls Oblivion, Mass Effect 1 & 2 soon to be 3 8), Doom, Borderlands, Gears of War 1 & 2 soon to be 3, & many many more.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
I am a mother of two, pushing half a century now, and my daughters, husband and I are addicted. Me more than the rest of them I think, but this is the first game like it I've ever played. In fact I don't even know what 'MMO' stands for... :-)
However, on another topic thread it was discussed that Pixie realm is a popular 'older player' realm... so my husband and I are going to start having our evening playtime there. He is Talon Jadegarden, and I am Madeline Soulhaven or Roslyn Lifeblood.

Hope to see some other 'older gamers'...

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
My husband and I both play and we have teenage children.