Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Just yesterday, someone told me "You're an adult? You don't act like one." It was meant to be a compliment - but I thought it was funny! I like ALL my friends - younger or older. :) I got dueling lessons from a great teenager!

:)
Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Lenora LionHeart lvl 37 (?) myth
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 22 death
Lenora DrakeMancer lvl 10 fire

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
Well, I first checked out W101 for my son and fell in love with it. Now I, my son and my husband play and we all love it. :)

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
There ARE a lot of older players. In my opinion I find it to be somewhat creepy. Not to offend anyone, but come on this is called Wizard101. Really, people? I dont have a problem with adults playing with it i'd just perfer if they werent allowed. :D :?

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
My name is John GreenBright level 30 I was playing and I just got to the fairgrounds and i saw a wizard he was level 15 and he was saying words that he made up but he said to put the word together and is said the s word and the seccond word he said was the other s word i say he was like 18 years old. So thats it but its not fair that you have to have to subscribe to go to places in the spiral but if you dont you can only go in wizard city and you cant go to to that place in shoping place it starts with C and ends with

Survivor
Feb 28, 2010
Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
Yes I'm an older player here as well. What shock's me is the DIREPECT i get from young players. I'm 50 years old. I play by the rules and even instill my own rules here.

What I'm referring to is the following:
1] Other players jumping in just when you are bout to win the fight and your mana is low and you get three more enemies to fight and then they either log off or Flee. Ye are stuck with the other enemies to fight and lose.
2] Calling everyone NOOBS!
3] When you and your friends are fighting enemies in area combats, the kids stands in the middle of Circle, and talk up a storm and causing you not to do the right spell or something. [Editor: Please see that the Programmers can fix this for us all. Thanks]
4] When you know cussing is NOT allowed they reinvent it to show they can get around the Rules. [i.e. shirt is fine, but when you see this SHIrT, oops!] This can be very aggravating to us players doing the games by the numbers and to the letters of the rules.

Guys i'm not trying to be Disrepectfull to Wizard101 or its members. I love this game, but sometimes you just gotta include Ethic's Class and Manners Class to all so its more appropiate for all. How bout adding Chivary - The Knights Code of Honor.

Continue to make this game fun and i'm enjoying it to the fullest.

With Regards,
William ThunderSword
Legendary Balance

Survivor
Dec 21, 2010
WNewman001 wrote:
1] Other players jumping in just when you are bout to win the fight and your mana is low and you get three more enemies to fight and then they either log off or Flee. Ye are stuck with the other enemies to fight and lose.
3] When you and your friends are fighting enemies in area combats, the kids stands in the middle of Circle, and talk up a storm and causing you not to do the right spell or something. [Editor: Please see that the Programmers can fix this for us all. Thanks]
4] When you know cussing is NOT allowed they reinvent it to show they can get around the Rules. [i.e. shirt is fine, but when you see this SHIrT, oops!] This can be very aggravating to us players doing the games by the numbers and to the letters of the rules.

I am also an older player - I'm looking at the big for-oh this year. I joined to make sure it was ok for my boys to join.
I totally agree with the first 3 points, and second the motion for #3. As to #4, whoops - I've been known to say "dog mess" on occasion. I almost had the adult lvl 60 I was working with fall out of his chair laughing so hard, the first time I said that.
Jenna StormBreaker - lvl 28 - Balance - just made it to Marleybone

Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
MomJeanne39 wrote:
WNewman001 wrote:

I am also an older player - I'm looking at the big for-oh this year. I joined to make sure it was ok for my boys to join.
I totally agree with the first 3 points, and second the motion for #3. As to #4, whoops - I've been known to say "dog mess" on occasion. I almost had the adult lvl 60 I was working with fall out of his chair laughing so hard, the first time I said that.
Jenna StormBreaker - lvl 28 - Balance - just made it to Marleybone

I agree with you, but the game itself is okay for the kids to play.
Just keep an Eye on it, and before they log out, go back through the Chat box and see if anything was inappropiate being said.
If so report them immediately.
Otherwised you can go click on that players name, the players box will come up, and at the bottom is a Ignor box, click it and you'll never hear another thing from that player again.

Look, I know Life in reality isn't always perfect, but neither is it here in Wizard101. The guys back in Texas doing this Game and programming, tried very very hard to make it as FUN as possiable with all the Safeguards in place.

NOTE: To the Guys doing these programming - THANKS!!!! :)

William ThunderSword
Balance Legendary

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
Older player here. Started in August 2010 and am really enjoying the game. Christina Lightcatcher ~ Level 46 ~ Fire & Life :)

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
I have been playing for quite a while, and I still enjoy Wizard101. It is fun and an exciting adventure throughout the Spiral. Once you reach Dragonspyre, things start to get tough, in my opinion. I really love this game, and it would break my heart to see it go. I am hoping to play this game for a while longer. I guess I could say I am addicted to it, but that is normal for an online game. Making friends is my favorite part of Wizard101. They can be friendly, or mean. It is hard (for me) to delete a friend, they might've been a good friend. I am an older player (in the game).

Grandmaster Sorcerer.
Laura Raven
Anna Goldleaf

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
LaadyX wrote:

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)

LOL I'm a granny and I love the game, just finished Celestia with my life character. I know LOTS of players on here who are not little kids anymore :).

Bless all of you!

Jazz

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
*raises hand blodly* I just joined yesterday and I was concious of the fact that I've probably been chatting with people a lot younger than me... but as they say - age ain't nothing but a number. (Although I did raise an eyebrow when someone was randomly yellling "I need a girl!" ( ) I figure that it *must* have been for some quest - or at least I hope so... ) Usually I play console games but I decided to try somehting new and, so far at least, I've enjoyed this.

I don't tick any of the typical demographic boxes when it comes to being a gamer, but nevertheless here I am having a good time. :)

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
Ugh. that should have been *raises hand boldly* I can spell, I swear. Put it down to tired eyes/failing eyesight... :)

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
LaadyX wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.
I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)
I am an older player also. If i need to defeat some other things to finish up a quest, I will jump in somebody elses fight. When I do the first thing i look at is the other players health. If their health is low, i will heal them firt then attack to show them that I repest their battle that I joined unannounced.

Survivor
May 28, 2010
Older gamer here and loving every minute of the Spiral!

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
LaadyX wrote:
Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)

i posted my age on some otherpost and it wen through just fine. PS love the game and im 9 years old ( gonna turn 10 in may )

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
Iknow ther are older players on this site even adults ):! annway older players should have fun even ytough ther not kids

Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
Yes there are older players. :D W101 is a much better MMO than the others that I have played. Less drama less people being rude.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Older lady here. I love this game. My son and I started playing a couple years ago. He lost interest. But not me. I like that we are all fairly equal out there. Some more skilled than others. But this is a great game for old and young alike. Look forward to running into a few more older players. And I mean older than 49. LOL :D

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
:DLol...

There is alot of them out there don't worry there is nothing bad about these people. They are normal...Don't worry...

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
I'm not even a teenager yet!So I don't think i'm too old.

LoganGiantThorn~Balance and Myth

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
That is how I first felt too... but it was not a child that introduced me into this game it was an older sister.... so more power to the ADults.. FUN FUN FUN....lol GO WIZARDS...................

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Hello,

In response to the older wizards...I am one and I love it to. The issue I have is name calling and people (whether its a kid or not, but usually is a kid) are very rude. It is almost making the game unejoyable for me (glad I can post on here and vent lol). I did not have this problem with my other two wizards as much as I am having with my balance and storm. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Legendary Death: Stephanie Shadowstone
Legendary Life: Stephanie LifeCrafter
Grandmaster Balance: Stephanie Legendfinder
Magus Storm: Stephanie Stormcatcher

Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
I have seen many "older" players playing this game. I think it is normal. They never made an age restriction so why not play, whether you are 7 or 60?

Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
I just turned 43 last week and I love this game. I play it with my 21 yo son and with my 7yo daughter. We are trying to convince daddy to play too. lol

I do find once you get to Marleybone and esp. Mooshu and so on, there is less of the childish antics seen in the lower level cities. And when I say childish, I do not just mean our younger players. I just ignore it or if I feel it is something really inappropriate, I contact Wiz101