Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
Well, Wizard101 opened up to all players in '08 ( I think anyway ) So yes there would be.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
I'm older. I love the safety of this game and would let my young grandkids play anytime. I am beginning to find the repeated battles a little boring. Wish there were a little more variety. That said I think this game has beautiful graphics and runs like a dream. The creators should be proud.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I started playing this game with my son, and after watching us play for about 2 months my husband is now playing. My son doesnt play that much anymore so me and my husband have teamed up. I really love the game and everyone (or almost) Ive met is great and friendly I wish they could make a seperate realm for the over 18 crowd that play this is a great game for all ages. YES I AM AN OLDER PLAYER - OLDER PLAYERS RULE

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
I am also an older player, currently taking a break from a certain very well known fantasy MMO. I wanted to go somewhere that wouldn't be crowded with spammers, gold sellers and foul language in every global chat channel.

And so far I love it here, I could hope for role-players here. But I can live without that for the better community and gaming environment that is provided here.

-- Lenora Hex

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
I am an older player too :) and have met many nice friends on here that are older like myself :)
From what I have heard from other players, the Pixie Realm is the unoffical realm for us older players to meet and play with people in our age bracket :)

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
Grandma here at level42 - love this game and play with my 4 year old grand-daughter who is level 30 now - after 3 months. Will definitely check out Pixie Realm. Would love to find a group to do the hard quests/dungeons. Use the kid quite often but need someone higher. Not impressed with someone who was a 4x master who wanted help then abused me because Iused the wrong spell - could do with more information re tactics

Survivor
Nov 04, 2009
My husband and I both play the game and love it! I met my best friend through the game! I love the game and so do my boys! Keep playing it is a blast!

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
I'm an older player. Let's just say I'm old enough to have a Master's Degree. I have a co-worker who is almost over the hill, he likes this game. This game is fun for gammers of all ages. And I do mean ALL ages.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
sure there are older players! my friend got both his mum and dad to play and i know some other guys who do too

cya in the spiral,
Seth B.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
A couple of months ago, my husband was reading one of his online comics and clicked on a button which read "Wizard101." Now, we are both hooked on the game (both of us definitely older players) and are really enjoying ourselves. As veterans of other MMORPGs, we have found W101 very refreshing. So much less drama, among other things. Although we have no children, we can both appreciate all of the safety precautions that are built in so that younger players can enjoy the game, with or without adults. I love the little jokes here and there which, as an older person, I get because they reference popular culture that I remember from when I was a kid. Glad to see so many other older players on, too! :D

Survivor
Oct 06, 2010
I found this game a few days ago and have been playing it non-stop ever since. I took 2 wizards to level 10 before buying a month subscription tonight. Even though the game was clearly designed for a younger generation, I think it's a lot of fun for a 38 year old going on 25 :)

Survivor
May 07, 2010
Yup, Me Too. I am a Sandwhich generation Player. My son plays, My husband and I play, and My father who we care for plays aswell. It is nice to have a game that all of us like, which we can talk about.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
there probaly isnt unless the adult has a lot of time on their hands because even though kids live busy lives, adults lie REALLY busy lives. Lolz :)

Survivor
Oct 03, 2010
Dont want to break a rule by giving actual ages. Thought this post deserves a reply. My grandson (yep Im an old game player) came by for a visit several days ago and we installed W101 on my pc. I was amazed that such a great family game had escaped my notice until now. Needless to say I was soon hooked playing it. My grandson had been playing at his home for a while according to my daughter lol. As most must know, the trial version is fun but soon has you wanting more (especially in the quest availability). We just created a family account for myself and grandson and are enjoying it immensly. So yes I agree with the fact that this game is awesome for young and old and a great way to bridge the generation gap.

Enjoy

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
There will be a mixture, of old and new, past and presant.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
well, lets just say i am under 10 and everyone should get text chat. me and my sister play and my cuz and we cant communicate because we dont have text chat!! :| well i dont mean to roll my eyes but its kind of annoying to not be able to communicate with others!!!

Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
LaadyX wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)

thanks ill take your advice.(colin dragon hunter level 37)

Survivor
Aug 20, 2010
Another older person here. :D

Esmee Spiritsong. Lvl 32 (i think) :)

Survivor
Sep 29, 2010
I know this topic is a bit older, but I'm an older gamer playing as well, though I wouldn't say I'm old exactly. I love this game even though it is a bit childish, I'm a bit childish so it suits :)

Survivor
Oct 14, 2010
Lets just say I been a ol' grey beard for a long time now,and have been beta testing for a bit now am disabled. I was ask to Beta test this game,and well i passed now i wish i Hadnt.I agree this game has something that works for all ages,cource I have always been a big kid at heart.I reallyt liked watching Yugioh (not sure spelling) and when i was driving across country found the harry potter boooks on tape were excelent way to pass the miles.This game mixes both together and to top it off is free. I dont have a group to run with and this makes grouping easier now i just have to find right way to go liked necro but now saw a hiyer lvl pyro and he was awsome, so gonna start over think 2nd will be life to help others to, hope it works out well. I like this game alot if i had anyfriends i tell em to join me HAHA!!

Delver
Aug 01, 2009
I am an older person playing too. 30 to be exact- I wish there was a realm for us older people to meet each other, so that I can play with adults. Kids are cool, but some of them are not so cool- hopefully I run into some of you adults.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
Oldster here. Mother of 3, grandmother of 2 (13 and 11). Love playing Wizards 101 so much, hubby even joined. Some of the kids play, the grandkids play, hubby and I play.... It's nice to have a place where we can all get together a do something online as a family. We're scattered within 3 states so Wizards 101 keeps us connected.

3 characters and counting.
~ Level 50 Balance/Storm Grand
~ Level 30 Myth/Life Conjurer
~ Level 12 Life/Fire

Now, if you'll please excuse me, I think I hear Professor Ambrose calling....

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
Survivor
Oct 12, 2010
Lol, I was wondering how many older players there were in the game, I guess this topic pretty much answers that for me :). I just started playing the game about a week ago and ever since I started playing I'd been getting asked 'out' by a bunch of younger kids. Finally, a few days ago, I ran into a group of people who were adults and got really excited not to be the only one around, lol! Sadly, I haven't seen them since, but it's good to know there's actually quite a few older players out there.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
jakehjk3 wrote:
I am an older person playing too. 30 to be exact- I wish there was a realm for us older people to meet each other, so that I can play with adults. Kids are cool, but some of them are not so cool- hopefully I run into some of you adults.

Many of us have unofically adopted the pixie realm. Less crowded and not as many from the "I need a boy/girl" crowd.