Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
Skunk87 wrote:
Burpo wrote:
Older player here.
i am a teen but i met six adults on her people it is not fun the talk about weird things

what kind of wierd things were they talking about? If it was inaporopriate I hope you reported them. one of the things that you probably do not realize is that many of us play with our children to make sure they are not being harassed and because wizard 101 is fun. there are always a few bad apples on the servers but that is not a representation of how all adults act. children acting inappropriately on wizard 101 is a common occurrence but adults know better than to let that speak for all the young people playing the game. I hope you have a good day and I will see you in the spiral.

Michael Raven Heart
Level 43
Master Necromancer
Daddy Wizard

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
I have learned a lot from younger players in the game. :) Sometimes they figure things out faster than their grandparents.

Lots of teens like to play and chat with adults. I find this in real life (I spend a lot of time with teens) as well as in the game.

I have also had a couple remove me from their friends' list when they found I was a grandmother and they couldn't "date" me.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2010
I'm loving this game. I have been playing for a couple of weeks now and I am hooked! I am not a kid but a working adult and tell anyone who asks. Look me up and I'll be your friend anytime.
Rowen WindWisper
:D

Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
I'm a just under middle aged biker. Covered in tattoos.
I play with my young son.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
pinkglacier wrote:
I am an "older" player as well. I just stopped playing an online game for the same reasons. Greedy and rude players. We need more fun! Only drawback I see is that once you reach level 50 there is nothing left to accomplish so until new world comes lots of people have stopped playing. Anyway good luck and if you need a friend let me know!

what do you mean "if you need a friend "

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
I was a teen when pong first came out and Atari was the first console game in mass market. You can do the math.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
I love the game...Mom of six w/five boys. I play with four of them and all of us are Grandmaster's in our chosen school, with other characters as well. We LOVE this game!

Survivor
May 31, 2010
I haven't read all the replies but I'm forty four and have been playing a few months with my son and husband. Love this game more than my son, lol. Have made loads of friends and gotten more requests to be someones girlfriend than I did in high school. All and all it is good, clean fun.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2009
Well I am an older adult playing on here with my wife and older daughter 24 and son in law. Working on getting my younger daughter to play. I find this game very well put together and as someone said earlier when someone gets in your group then bails to me that is not appropriate. Its happened to my wife and myself numerous times but we can handle the situation. Just not sure why people feel they have to do that then leave. Oh well kids will be kids LOL................
Oh and I am a gamer, wow, sto to name a few online games :)

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
I am an older gamer as well...a "granpap" that started playing W101 when 3 of my 5 nieces started playing W101. I was called into "evaluate" the game. By the way "A+".

I've played an MMO, previous to this, for about 5 years and the Drama, Constant leveling, and Fighting over critters finally got to me. I'm getting too "old" for all of that. I love playing with the nieces and just playing in general.

There's nothing wrong with getting rid of stress by playing video games, whether they're on a console, pc, or mac. Just let loose and have fun for a little while :)

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
I am an older player. In fact, I became a great grandmother 10 months ago. I really enjoy this game. None of my kids or grand children play, but to each their own.

I have 2 grands, one life and one fire with 4 more running. I think I will probably start another account after all of these are grands. If not before.

I also have friends who are grand parents or even great grandparents that play this game.

Fallon WinterLeaf Grandmaster Fire
Fallon WinterLeaf Grandmaster Life
Fallon WinterGarden lvl 36 Balance
Fallon WinterShade lvl 29 Death
Fallon WinterCloud lvl 18 Storm
Fallon WinterBlossom lvl 6 Ice

The last 4 have been running solo as I have not found any older players to join forces with. All of the friends I have on the grands except for 4 have stopped playing for various reasons.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2010
I'm a "younger player" and even I notice those weird rude greedy people who play this game, and take it way to seriously when drama is in action. I'm constantly hearing in the commons "I need a girl" from a lol -10 players. Its kinda irritating. People are even DATING on this game.
Wasn't this game created to have FRIENDS on not girlfriend/boyfriends?

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
I am a teen, so not really old at all, but I never realized how many older players there were on this game. I'm glad, it's cool how people of all ages can play and you don't have to worry that you might be older than everyone else lol.

Brooke SilverCloud
Master of Ice / Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jun 04, 2010
all over the place at least i am ive been playing alot on this have a friend on here to thats close to my age im not what you would call ancient but im not a kid only problem ive had is kids trying to have you buy there way through but other than that its a great game glad to know there are other adults on here

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
Maybe it's because of that review: "I would recommend this game wether they were 6 or 106!" JK I certainly have met older players, even though i am not one myself (in other words, in junior high yet) the 2 most common sentences on wiz101 are I need a girl and I need a boy. It would be nice if players were all in a similar age group so we can relate better. (even though I have a friend thats like 5 yrs. older than me.) PEACE!! :D :-)

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
This game age age recommendation is from very young to very old, so don't be surprised to see little kids and the elderly playing.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2009
Hi everyone!
I am an older person playing lol. ok where are all the adults at? I have not met anyone older than me or my age lol always younger. Well I hope to meet some of you in the spiral sometime. I have been playing for almost a year and I am hooked, my daughter got me started this game is too much fun. I like the arena that can be fun and well nerve racking but fun. Hope everyone is having a great night/day.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
Hello,

I'm also 'older' - 4 decades soon. I've played EQ from 2000-2005, and then beta tested WOW, played that until march this year. I've played others, but I really like this game.

So Pixie server is where the "ol'fogies" are? Great, hope to make friends! My Myth wizard is only level 10.

Look for Seth TrollStone and say 'HOWDY!!' :D

PS: Where do we pick up a mount?

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
connivingsumo wrote:
Hello,

I'm also 'older' - 4 decades soon. I've played EQ from 2000-2005, and then beta tested WOW, played that until march this year. I've played others, but I really like this game.

So Pixie server is where the "ol'fogies" are? Great, hope to make friends! My Myth wizard is only level 10.

Look for Seth TrollStone and say 'HOWDY!!' :D

PS: Where do we pick up a mount?

I am an older player (almost a grandmaster in years) too. I am usually on seraph. I play early in the morning and late at night. Some of friends are older players. I have some terrific young friends too.

Mounts are from three different spots:
1-Boss drops-one day mounts
2-Prospector Zeke-one day mounts bought with gold
3-Crown Shop-seven day and permanent mounts bought with gold or crowns

Megan Frostriver Grandmaster Theurgist
Megan Frostbringer Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
Hello Megan FrostRiver!! :D

Where do I find mount #3 - the ones bought with gold or crowns? I have some crowns and would like to know where to buy the permanent (not 1 day) mounts.

Thanks so much :D

Cheers,
Rik

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
connivingsumo wrote:
Hello Megan FrostRiver!! :D

Where do I find mount #3 - the ones bought with gold or crowns? I have some crowns and would like to know where to buy the permanent (not 1 day) mounts.

Thanks so much :D

Cheers,
Rik

Hi Rik!
Crowns shop is accessed in game. There is crown icon in upper left hand corner. Click on it, then you will see tabs. They are in tab with pet/saddle icon. Scroll through them until you see what you want. Some mounts like permanent seraph wings are crowns only.

Hope to see you on the spiral!

Megan Frostriver Grandmaster Theurgist
Megan Frostbringer Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
I remember when these kind of games were played with dice, pencils and went way too long into the night. My single digit age kid is playing this as are my nephews.

I learned about it from a WoW playing mom at my office.

Keep up the good work. Good game here and it doesn't cost a fortune.

Anna Trollslinger
Ice Mage

Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
slewme wrote:

Another old guy here, kids are out of the house semi retired and i love this game. Old time D&D player and been playing mudds before any of these morp's came out but i find that there are several of us out there and only a few rude people but they are mainly in PvP trying to get you riled to make a mistake.
Old Folks Unite,
Angle Bane-Grandmaster Storm

LOL, Grandmother here and I also have played every mmo rpg lol and even MUDD's. I dont mind helping out I just take offense to being forced to by rude people jumping in my fight. I have noticed few who will stand around til you almost die then jump in so when you do die the get the kill and the xp drop etc. I also came here due to the drama and greed in other games and found this place to be exciting from a questing standpoint it isnt just mindless mob killing to level.

PS I am just curious I am almost positive I played a prior game put out by KINGSISLE many many years ago it wasnt mmo but was named Kings Quest I think where you had to save the princess. There were like seven of them I think I am correct in this?

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
Veteran MMORPG'r here. My story begins with a game galled Meridian59, then to EQ's golden age, and many since. I became rather bored with the current state of the genre, as they're basically all the same, just with different wrappers. W101 is a refreshing take on the mmorpg platform. I'm having fun again playing online with new friends.