Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
whommie2 wrote:
i want to get an older clique going as a group in here
any one want to meet up and join?

I usually play from 6 p.m. pacific time to around 11 p.m pacific time. Where would you like to meet?

Michael Raven Heart
Level 41
Master Necromancer
White Krokotopia Crowns Gear Seraph Wings

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
Hi I'm 31 and I have 6 avatars in Wizard 101.
My disabled mother's retirng and moving this year so I'm stuck here with nothing to do between laundry loads and dump runs haha

Right now I'm focused on getting my Storm School girl up to level 22 while saving for her KT home and avoiding flirtatious or needy players which can be extra creepy when One is an older player.
Today I defeated three nirini in a row thanx to a dragon flying "Nori Vanquisher" guy with a pet terantula.....which was a nice change, usually players join me when I'm trying to build XP and they end my battle too soon or they join when I'm just barely hanging on to my mana and I get attacked by the monster that's added for them *ugh* major peeve, just ask first ? especially with my Life School character whom everyone just wants to use for reviving instead of doing what I do :running a little to collect life energy balls for my own darn self....
OK rant over
AddictedAddictedAddicted

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I am a wife ,mother of four daughters two high school grads,two still in high school,grandmother of two .all of whom play w101 and lovein it, I started playing to help my grandson and got hooked lol . am i a older gamer or what lol :D :P Grandmaster Grace Darkheart

Survivor
Sep 09, 2009
HI I am not way old I am only 23 but i am not a little kid. I am married and have 2 daughters ages 4 and 1. My older daughter thinks that the monsters I kill are the ones from under her bed lol. I also thiink it would be cool to meet up with people that are older then 18. I also have a Level 27 Ice wizard who also studies fire. Name is Catherine Frostheart.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
i am an older player. i am in college and play. my friends all play wow but i like wizard because theres no drama and no Gear score for dungeons and raids. wow isnt fun anymore and wizard is easy but hard at the same time i love the card game of it:) and if anyone asks about my age i am 18.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
Its actually normal because you know adults and seniors actaully want to have some fun, and I do say, Wizard101 is the best to lay off with for the fun bar. Wizard101 is just a wonderful game, and I do say J. Todd Coleman and his team did put a lot of hard work and effort into it.

"With the power of Fire, Ice, Storm, Myth, Life, Death, and Balance, you will win. Flames apon your eyes, seal the frost, control the sea's, summon creatures by memorizing their true name, healing to victory, stealing health, and blading, with the power...A true Wizard can be.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
I am an older gamer also, glad to know I am not alone! :)

My son who is 20 has started playing and my 6yo "helps" me. When she can read better I will set her up an account under mine.

It would be great to get together with some older gamers. I am having problems in the dungeons and have no one to group with, currently. My son is on when I am not.

I am almost a level 20 Balance. I do not know what my "second" school is, I have a couple of spells from different ones based on what i thought would be most useful, however I was thinking Life would be my second.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
corniilius wrote:
whommie2 wrote:
i want to get an older clique going as a group in here
any one want to meet up and join?

I usually play from 6 p.m. pacific time to around 11 p.m pacific time. Where would you like to meet?

Michael Raven Heart
Level 41
Master Necromancer
White Krokotopia Crowns Gear Seraph Wings

I play on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and weekends. How does the Death tower in pixie sound for meeting up?

Survivor
May 07, 2010
I know that many people of all ages play this game.

I agree that they took care making this game, becuase it seems that this does not center on one age group. I am not too old, but I do know that millions of people play this game who may even be 100.

I must reasure the master mind of this creation that having this for all ages is a good thing not bad.

- Tiffany E.

Survivor
May 19, 2010
I won't admit how old I am. I will just say that YES I am an older player. :)

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
Older gamer here, both of my kids and I play this game seperately and together, we enjoy it, and I know what you mean about other gaming sites, unless your on at 3am or something like that the language is much better here and a more friendly environment.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
I'm 40 years old. I enjoy Wizard101, but the kids can be a pain. Especially the ones that think it's acceptable to ask total strangers for gifts from the crown store or a membership. Something should really be done about that.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
yes i am an older player i have been playing for a little over a year now and i like the game

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
Older player here and I am hooked. lol
Have no doubts about letting my kids play it either.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
MarcBladebreaker wrote:
I'm 40 years old. I enjoy Wizard101, but the kids can be a pain. Especially the ones that think it's acceptable to ask total strangers for gifts from the crown store or a membership. Something should really be done about that.

come on over to pixie realm. it is less crowded and people have a tendency to act better.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I have been playing for over a year now and I have several characters. I am of course a mother and a young grandmother. I play with my two daughters and my 7 year old grandson. We have a blast. This is one game that the whole family can really enjoy. :-)

Survivor
Jul 24, 2010
I'm a 28 year old guy who has graduated from college. Been playing RPGs since I was 18 years old. Most recently, a game called Dragonrealms which is a text based RPG. I've also played first person shooters, racing games, online poker and real time strategy games. This is actually my first turn based card strategy game that I've played and I absolutely enjoy the challenges that it presents. In fact, I just started playing this game 6 days ago and after the third day, I subscribed to Wizard101 for a year subscription. So far, I have a 31st level pyromancer named Luke Rainheart.

I was questioning playing this game as there seems to be a LOT of kids playing which sometimes gets annoying - for instance, it's difficult to talk to other players using the menu chat feature, when I'd rather just type it out in a text chat feature (disabled for kids?), but every person has their own perspective and I do appreciate each player whether they are kids or much older.

Luke Rainheart

"The fire burns bright from within."

Survivor
May 26, 2010
Hi,
I am an older player. Am tired of EQ2 for nearly 10 years. On a couple of servers with that game. Am a guild leader on Test. Need a breather, but I find that when I group, the person here ends up being 10 years old. HELP! I don't come here often any more, and probably will not renew if I have to group with kids. I don't know how to find people near my age. 60. Thanks for any tips. I really appreaciate them, no matter what they are.

Signed...wish I could remember my name..LOL
(just got off of EQ2...so I'm babbling and exhausted....sorry)

Survivor
May 26, 2010
corniilius wrote:
Meet you in Pixie? With the many adult wizards playing wizard 101, why don't we just unofficially adopt a realm. Pixie is in the middle of the ralm list so it would not be congested like Ambrose and Balestrom. If we meet in the same realm, there will be less menu chatters and more mature behavior. Just a thought.

Michael Raven Heart
Level 41 Necromancer
White Krokotopia Crowns Gear and wings

Pixie it is. Great idea!!! :D :D :D

Survivor
May 26, 2010
corniilius wrote:
Meet you in Pixie? With the many adult wizards playing wizard 101, why don't we just unofficially adopt a realm. Pixie is in the middle of the ralm list so it would not be congested like Ambrose and Balestrom. If we meet in the same realm, there will be less menu chatters and more mature behavior. Just a thought.

Michael Raven Heart
Level 41 Necromancer
White Krokotopia Crowns Gear and wings

Hi
I stopped in at Pixie last night and accepted a friendship quest. I asked if they were one of the older crowd. I got a big "WHAT!"
Okay..on to plan B. LOL
Yes, I saw where somebody mentioned that these kids join you, wait for a new mob that comes because of them...then leave. I was lucky that I could take care of all 3, but I really didn't appreciate such rudeness. The only other place I have encountered such a low mentality are levels 1-9 in EQ2, and there I just uncheck those levels and don't have to read or listen or deal with the morons.

Sarai Goldeneyes
Level 25 (I think)

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
I am a older gamer, and some of us meet up in GH where you play the mini games, in the pixie realm. So stop by for some coffee and chit chat sometime :)
I will either be on my death grand which is Kimberly Nightshade or
my balance grand which is Kimberly Spiritbreeze

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
LaadyX wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)

Ok Ill admit it. I am an OLDER player also. In fact I have now corrupted my
young son, and he too is hooked on W101. We now have 5 characters with different school choices and we enjoy the game considerably.
It seems there are many of us out there.
Just wanted to share!
Olivia Spiritwalker
Grandmaster Life

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
Burpo wrote:
Older player here.
i am a teen but i met six adults on her people it is not fun the talk about weird things

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
LadyOriel wrote:
It was very fun to read everyone's story. If you don't mind, I would like to ask everyone a few questions --

1. Do you consider yourself a gamer, casual gamer, or neither?
2. How did you hear about Wizard101? (friend/family, TV, article, etc.)
3. If you were to give us advice on how to reach other players like yourself, how should we do it? And what should we say?

If you feel more comfortable emailing rather than posting, you can do that too. Just send your reply to community@wizard101.com.

Thank you!

gamer
friend
oh and get these adults off wizard 101

Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
Skunk, what an apropriate title.

I will try to start logging into the Pixie realm.

I am Scarlet DragonHeart, balance and life, level 32.

I am finishing up some quests in Krok and working on Marleybone.

How many worlds are there currently?

I know there is the asian like world besides Wizard, Grizzle, Krok and Marley, are those it until Celestia opens up?