Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
When it comes down to it. We are all children.

We argue like children, become annoying like children, play like children, fight like children.

The difference? We can legally have jobs.

Thats it.

I won't be suprised to find a kid on here that acted much better than an "adult."
Conversely, I won't be surprised to find an adult on here that acted much worse than "child."

Thankyou for the nice comment about younger players (like me). And yes i can act more mature than lots of adults

P.S. I haven't stolen anything from anyone. I've been robbed of 140 great treasure cards and robbed of a tempest card when i first joined

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Yes they are, although I am still a teenager i do understand that there are many "older" players. I know several adults who play with their children, and some that are just addicted. And no this game isnt "childish" as others may think, its for all ages so that means younger players also play which is why we are restricted on some levels of gameplay. I believe that anyone can enjoy this game.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
My son and I play. I'm 46 and he's 10.
We both get a kick out of this game. We also play for different reasons.
I genuinely enjoy the quests, he just likes fighting stuff.
Good game, we'll definitely be playing for quite some time.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I am a kid but I know a grandfather who plays.
I think it is very natural for an older person to play this game, because no matter how old you are, it is still a stress relief, fun game. ( Now you are probably thinking I am really mature (which I am) because of they way I type and of how much respect I give to everything. But that has nothing to do with this) besides I act like an adult ( And a three year old) and I am now having to go now

Survivor
Nov 25, 2008
Know that old tree in Ravenwood? Well hes got nothing on me age wise :-p Games are played to have fun, age does not factor into it :)

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
I'm another grandmother who is hooked (thanks to grandson #1). The only problem is, I play almost exclusively in the daytime and it's really hard to find "friends" to help with the quests. Anybody else have this problem?

Survivor
Sep 09, 2009
i find it hard to find people to quest with specially when its later in the evenings and the teens who are looking for GIRLFRIENDS are on lol! being 28 and having 3 kids its about this time when i can jump on.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
swampfight1

hey i'm a older player. been playing for a year. have two kids who play, so don't feel your alone as a older player.

robert thunderhammer grandmaster of fire

LaadyX wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
I am a very older-gamer -- new word -- and I really love this game. I have just been at this for three days and my daughter keeps having to remind me to get up and walk around once in a while...lol. I have played other role games, but the old ones are not usable on the PC and the new ones are too too realistic. I only found this game by accident on the internet and I am so glad I did. The Quests are fun and keep the game interesting and on-going. Now if I can just find my "texting" when I need it and get something typed in before the character leaves...that will be an accomplishment! :-)

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
i am a kid and what is up with all the older people playing i can never get my parents to play :(

Survivor
Sep 30, 2008
another older person here.....we are a force to be recound oh well we are tough .... :?

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
Yeah I'm older, much older, like 51 years old. This is a nice cute game and I really enjoy the game and people. I even chose a goofy name, Tarlac Frogbreath because I thought that was funny. I have noticed that the kids found a way to use foul language in the game, they just misspell the words slightly which is a drag but kids will be kids. Overall the game is friendlier than other games, easier to learn and play and it doesn't eat up a ton of memory on my computer. I give this game two thumbs up.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
I am an older player as well. I also played World of Warcraft for 5 years before playing here.

"Mortality is temporary, love is eternal..."
-Stephanie RubyCaster

Survivor
Apr 11, 2010
I'm glad I found this topic in here. I just recently started and have been having a hard time finding people that are around my age to talk to in the game. I still think it's great fun, I would just like to have some company who can relate. Let me know if you see me and want to talk or quest.

-Llewella Greeneyes

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
Older player here and yes there are lots of adults who play and enjoy this game everyday. Have Fun!

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
44. My kids got me interested and I'm hooked. I loved Adventure and Zork back in the day.

This kind of thing transcends the ages.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
Another oldie here. Just started playing last week and I love the game. Talk about older. My sign name is a code for my birthday, if that tells you anything. I play with my granddaughter who is in the fourth grade.
and we both really enjoy it. ( I didn't know she could be so bossy, telling me what to do and where to go). The creators are great and it seems a safe environment for kids

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
I am an older player. I play with my daughter who is not a little kid any more either. :)

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Im an older player. I started playing because the little girl I nanny for plays and I figured we could play together. My boyfriend makes fun of me for playing only because he wants me to play his game with him but I told him he was too late and Im sticking with w101 :)

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I'm an older player, however i have a younger sibling who plays online also. I always give the excuse that I started playing this game so we could spend more time together when i go to visit her, but the truth is i've been playing longer than she has. Its been the greatest listening to her talk about the game, i just wish we would play so late at night, it can get a little stressfull. However i still enjoy it. I've already gotten to charicters to level fifty, and now i'm getting a thirt to keep myself bizy.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
LaadyX wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)

i am far from getting up there ( old) but its normal girl, if you think its fun then just have fun, i have a few older people on my friends list and they talk to me all the time, were like best friends, and they have fun, my only disagreement is that since your older, try not to get addicted cause you know you have a life too, just saying. cause my uncle is addicted to WoW and he doesnt pay attention to anyone.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
There are players on Wizard101 as old as 90+....
Wizard101 is a multiplayer online game for families to play together, so it is totally normal if you are an "old" player on Wizard101.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
Just wanted to introduce my self, I am very new to Wizard 101 and I am having a blast! My in game is Esmee Fairyheart. I have been playing another online game, but I find this one so much better! This is a great complex game. I am still learning and haven't quite grasped some things, the boards have been a great help. Have a great day and fun gaming!