Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are there many older gamers playing W101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 07, 2014
I am 19, I have been playing since age 10, I am almost 20 now, and will most likely continue to play for years to come

Survivor
Mar 25, 2018
Grand-mom soon to be great grand-mom here. Love this game, no drama, no complicated horse manure, just fun!!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
To Laadyx, I am an 'older' player. Though I do see to many young players who are rude and obnoxious to other players. Your age doesn't matter here. Only that you enjoy playing the game, no matter what your level is.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
LaadyX on Jun 21, 2009 wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)
Count me as one. My daughter came home from visiting her father when she was little playing this game. She had seen her father playing and liked it enough that he got her started. I saw her playing it and liked what I saw too. That was back when this game was less than a year old. I am not always regular, but I am a night owl and play most in the wee hours of the morning. You would be surprised how many people I run into at that time of the day. Most are obviously parents of other players, but I have met grandparents there who I have become close friends with over the years. The adult plalyers I have met have been much quicker to offer help with quests, and I do the same.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
I met an older woman a few years back, she was super friendly and shared the story of being a widow, and losing her husband.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2013
older game player here been playing since 2013 love it It is my place to go when I get extremely overwhelmed with things going on in my life enjoy knowing there are others like me on here. Happy gaming hope to meet you in the spiral

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
Time flies when you're having fun! Back when I made this account I was just a kid...it's been a while. It's almost kind of crazy to think about the milestones I've passed while this account existed

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
I am 19, currently in college. I've always been kinda embarrassed to tell people I play this game. Nowadays, I don't care who sees me playing it. I say if grown men can enjoy My Little Pony, then I can enjoy this!

Survivor
May 14, 2014
There are. Me and my mom play it.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2014
Level 99: Been on here for awhile (Off/On) from the jump but definitely loving it still.

Nathan Stone

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
Hey guys, I'm 18 and I just came back and rejoined the game. So glad to see older players, add me if you guys would like! Jasmine Icewalker! I would love to play with some of the "older" people in here!

Survivor
May 20, 2012
I really can't tell. I don't have text chat. I see lots of ……… when other guys trying chatting so I click on "Sorry I don't have text chat." Usually they go "okay."

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
Maybe we should have a contest to see who is the OLDEST player by age, lol.
Is there anyone 99 yr old out there?
I am going to be 65, I think, I keep getting all these phone calls telling me that I will be 65 on my next birthday and qualify for Medicare! These people are nuts. I don't feel that old?
Any one older than me?

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
alluxj109 on Nov 23, 2018 wrote:
I am 19, I have been playing since age 10, I am almost 20 now, and will most likely continue to play for years to come
Wow. So, 20 is old. My kids are 20 now. I started this game to play with them, and somehow I'm still playing.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
LaadyX on Jun 21, 2009 wrote:
I just started playing this game a few days ago and I must say, I was rather impressed. I just got the feeling that whoever was behind its creation had taken great care when working it.

I'm feeling sort of bad at the moment, though. Since we're not allowed to post ages, let's just say I'm not a little kid anymore. I asked my boyfriend if he thought I was being too kiddish and he said "a little" but that it was no big deal and that he wanted me to have fun and not have to worry about drama. Because before I started playing W101, I played another online game that has been full of drama lately. People are constantly KSing you (kill stealing which is where you purposely run off and attack something someone else is already working on killing which can mean them losing credit for the kill in the end) , even higher levels (we're talking people in their's 80's and 90's, it's nuts), and you're always getting called names and people can just be really rude in-game. Unfortunately, the reporting system is more complicated than it should be and the reports seem to be largely ignored and the rules are almost never enforced unless one involving money is broken. It's stressful and games weren't meant to be stressful, they were meant to be fun and help relieve stress.

I like this environment but I guess I'm just wondering how normal it is to be playing this game as an older individual. Please don't post any ages though as it would seem that is not allowed. :)
older player here too. I have been playing this game for several; years and I love it for the same reasons as you have stated. It's just fun and no drama. And who cares if some old lady like me is playing a game. I crochet also. I love it.

Survivor
May 14, 2016
I am 21 i've been playing since I was 10.

Geographer
Aug 23, 2016
I know I am not the oldest "Young Wizard"

My Baby, who just had her baby, has been playing since 2009. She was 16 when she started. I was in my early 40s back then.

S GS

Survivor
Feb 09, 2013
Yeah I'm an older player. I've been playing since 2012. I'm 16 now.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
yes, I'm an older player and totally hooked. I have four max 130 wizards. The most fun about this game for me is making friends with other players. Questing with them, helping them when they need help during a dungeon, or just farming for better gear. Starting a garden, to make mega snacks for a pet, hatching your pet to others to make your pet better.
crafting, buying a house and decorating it. It is so much fun. There will be players that are rude, and not nice here also, but I just ignore it. My friends on here are the best.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2016
I have been playing this game across multiple accounts since the very first year this game became available. I am most DEFINITELY an older player, but I love it because it brings back nostalgia, and memories of my first wiz friends. Despite the ups and downs i've had with it, in my experience, its all part of it! This is what makes wiz a great community!

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Cat Wildbreeze on Jan 26, 2019 wrote:
Maybe we should have a contest to see who is the OLDEST player by age, lol.
Is there anyone 99 yr old out there?
I am going to be 65, I think, I keep getting all these phone calls telling me that I will be 65 on my next birthday and qualify for Medicare! These people are nuts. I don't feel that old?
Any one older than me?
I've got you beat I'll be 81 in May. I love this game, my wife got me hooked after she had been playing for a year. She started in 2009 as soon as it came out.
some of our grand kids and one great grand son also play lol.
It's a wizards life for me

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
pawpaws on Feb 17, 2019 wrote:
I've got you beat I'll be 81 in May. I love this game, my wife got me hooked after she had been playing for a year. She started in 2009 as soon as it came out.
some of our grand kids and one great grand son also play lol.
It's a wizards life for me
Yes, you do I am happy to hear I am not alone. My grandchildren started me on this game and have abandoned me. I am happy your have your family with you on game. It was fun when I used to play with my grandkids. Hope this game is still here when I reach your are.
I love this game.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2016
PupcakeScarves on Dec 28, 2017 wrote:
I think there's a good mixture.
I've noticed players tend to be older the higher the level.
I got to level 59 in 2 months since I'm sooo busy with schoolwork. Older players are the higher levels since they have a huge amount of free time to play.

- Alicia Deathwraith , Level 59

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
I'm older player and I just like the fantastical stuff in W101 and all the gothic stuff in it is very light hearted I like ghosts goblins and ghouls but a lot of the art for such stuff is super creepy and scary. Wizard has them very cute and spooky.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
dodobird1702 on Feb 20, 2019 wrote:
I got to level 59 in 2 months since I'm sooo busy with schoolwork. Older players are the higher levels since they have a huge amount of free time to play.

- Alicia Deathwraith , Level 59
LOL too funny, it is true kids have a lot of time used up with school and homework but what do you think adults do all day?.
We work 9-5 or more at jobs too pay bills buy food and cloth our family, we cook we clean we do laundry, we take care of our kids and pets ( if we have them). So basically adults work from 6 am till 9pm. Weekends too, there is still child care cooking cleaning etc. ( and getting our kids to do that homework ). so I think most adults have less game time than kids