Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are Henchman necessary?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Hello! I am a level 60 Theurgist and I just completed WinterTusk (Yes, I am a high level, that's because I done all the side quests in WC, Krok, MB, MS, and DS)

I used some level 60 Henchman for 75 crowns to help me in some of the boss fights (If my friends are not online)

Do you think it is worth 75 crowns to help you win a battle? I took advantage of 60,000 crowns for $60 so I have plenty left.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
Ya, I think they are. Not the ones that are like 200 crowns though, only like the 75 crown ones I guess.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. When a Life henchman casts a 5 power pip dryad on another Life henchman that is at full HP while I'm standing there with my head rolling around because I have 0 HP, I sometimes question whether they're worth it.

But usually, yeah, they're worth it.

The 60,000 for $60 deal is 10 Crowns/cent (well at least in the US it is, in Canada it's almost 30% less). You spent $0.075/henchman. Even if you bought 3 henchmen per duel, that's less than a quarter.

It adds up over time if you keep doing it, but when you consider how much time you might have otherwise spent, do you think it was worth just under a quarter?

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
I solo a lot; and like you I do all the side quests, and like you I am usually several levels above the average for a world. I am at 76 and nearing 77 and am about to start Avalon, my avatar is sitting in the Jade Palace as I write.
If this is your style of play then YES, henchmen are a must. My favorite is the Level 40 (for 40 crowns) Life. She is great, strong enough to stay in most fights, yet too weak to do real damage. She mostly keeps me from being forced to flee. I like crown sales, but also the earn crowns. I try to make the earn crowns a part of my gardening and questing routine.
I also have several minions to choose from for those common battles with no real boss, or only two foe.

best of luck.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Henchmen aren't necessary if your gear and strategy are good enough. However, 75 crowns is a very small price to pay to win a battle more easily or quickly.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I've soled the game start to finish on a few wizards and never really found the need for henchmen. If I were to ever use any it would only be on certain battles to heal. The problem with them is they waste traps so it makes setting up for a kill take a lot longer. I use them in test realm because the battles are new and the crowns are free, but they tend to annoy me more than help me.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2013
MalvinHawkRunner on Nov 1, 2015 wrote:
Hello! I am a level 60 Theurgist and I just completed WinterTusk (Yes, I am a high level, that's because I done all the side quests in WC, Krok, MB, MS, and DS)

I used some level 60 Henchman for 75 crowns to help me in some of the boss fights (If my friends are not online)

Do you think it is worth 75 crowns to help you win a battle? I took advantage of 60,000 crowns for $60 so I have plenty left.

they're not really necessary unless you want cheap ones for a bit of help in battles

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
MalvinHawkRunner on Nov 1, 2015 wrote:

i have taken advantage of the 2,500 crowns for $5 haha, and so far henchman have been very very very very helpful to me since most of my friends are not willing to help me.I dont know what i would do if i didnt have henchmen.I am only a level 41 wizard though.