Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

are Balance better than life?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2021
There is so many of Balance wizards than life wizards, once when I tried use Life Wizard it's so hard to battle with these monsters in worlds. so I should delete my life wizard after use Balance wizard for easy and fast to max? (only if new world coming soon) And I need some good tips for new Balance wizard. I don't know if it's hard or easy as Balance wizard

Give me Good Tips and needs some positive reasons too.

Honestly I would love to try use as Balance Wizard If I did delete my life wizard.

Vs

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
Personally I think life is significantly better than balance.

1. They tend to have better base stats and attacks (just compare rat spin to sandstorm... same amount of pips, but over 50 damage more for rat spin), making it a lot easier to solo with. Balance is specifically built to support, so when it's time to solo, you're going to struggle.
2. For teamwork, life is more versatile because they too can heal, attack, or blade/trap, whereas balance can technically heal, but their heals aren't nearly as good.
3. Because balance can't convert, if you're battling balance enemies you have to either pierce or use something like spectral blast, so it really limits your spell options.
4. KI has been nerfing a lot of schools recently and while both balance and life have been hit, life didn't suffer nearly as much as balance (gaze of fate? horrible). If that's any indication of the future for balance, it's best to run while you still can...

Survivor
Apr 12, 2021
M SilverCollar on Jul 13, 2021 wrote:
Personally I think life is significantly better than balance.

1. They tend to have better base stats and attacks (just compare rat spin to sandstorm... same amount of pips, but over 50 damage more for rat spin), making it a lot easier to solo with. Balance is specifically built to support, so when it's time to solo, you're going to struggle.
2. For teamwork, life is more versatile because they too can heal, attack, or blade/trap, whereas balance can technically heal, but their heals aren't nearly as good.
3. Because balance can't convert, if you're battling balance enemies you have to either pierce or use something like spectral blast, so it really limits your spell options.
4. KI has been nerfing a lot of schools recently and while both balance and life have been hit, life didn't suffer nearly as much as balance (gaze of fate? horrible). If that's any indication of the future for balance, it's best to run while you still can...
Ok thanks you to let me know!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
To offer a counterpoint in favor of Balance....

Disclaimer: I am strongly against deleting wizards if you can avoid it. A leveled wizard is more valuable than a low level wizard.

Balance is my favorite school as it has a little bit of everything. Life is primarily focused on healing. One advantage to Balance is that you get your AOE the earliest of any school at level 16. So it is nice to have when you are farming. Life however, does not have easy access to an AOE until level 48 (at which point Balance gets a second AOE as well). M SilverCollar mentions Ratspin (there is also Leafstorm) however, both of these spells require a lot of preparation to get you have to get lucky with packs, Loremaster, Skeleton keys or hatching a pet. They are worth to get on your life wizard if you are dedicated to playing that school, but to a casual fan it's a bit of work to get it. (Also the 50 damage is negligible).

Balance (and Life) work best in a Team Environment. Life is good at healing a large team. However, Balance can effectively heal themselves or a teammate with no issue. Their Universal blades help all schools and they have the Donate Power spell which allows them to Donate Pips to themselves or an ally. Balance used to have a hard time with Tower Shield Spammers, but with the Introduction of Iron Curse that's a thing of the past. Balance does not have a prism, however has access to spells that let them deal elemental damage including at level 108 an AOE spell that does elemental damage. Which allows you to be able to handle Balance enemies fairly easily (especially if you use Team up or have friends).
4. The nerfs are largely PVP focused and many schools were affected for better and for worse. Balance actually got a boost in the accuracy department on Black Mantle and Weakness as well as Donate Power now only costing 1 pip to give 2 pips. (Previously it cost 3 pips to give 2 pips). This allows you to build up a team mate so that they can attack rather quickly.

My three wizards that I play the Most are Balance, Ice and Life. I play my Ice because he's the first wizard that I have and the other two because I like to play support roles. So if you like to play support I think either Balance, Life or even Death are good options. However if you want to level up fast then I would recommend a Fire or Storm. Balance is more fun for me because they are more versatile, they get a little bit of everything. :D

Explorer
Oct 30, 2020
WoodRainbow on Jul 11, 2021 wrote:
There is so many of Balance wizards than life wizards, once when I tried use Life Wizard it's so hard to battle with these monsters in worlds. so I should delete my life wizard after use Balance wizard for easy and fast to max? (only if new world coming soon) And I need some good tips for new Balance wizard. I don't know if it's hard or easy as Balance wizard

Give me Good Tips and needs some positive reasons too.

Honestly I would love to try use as Balance Wizard If I did delete my life wizard.

Vs
Perhaps during your experience you have met a lot of balance players through out the spiral, but you should never let than be the final impact in your decision making of school preference. All schools have their own unique playstyles and are equally fun. It all depends on your nature:

Aggressive players typically prefer hard hitting schools like , or.

If your all about supporting your team through buffs in my personal experience stands out.

If you want to support your team by keeping them healthy is the way to go. They can also buff using spirit and elemental blade trained spells, but vs balance who has access to more blades like blade-storm and balance blade, they beat most schools when it comes to buffing.

school is very resourceful and arguably one of the best pve schools due to having a 2 pip aoe -45% weakness and juju. Can heal as efficiently as life with jade gears, and is capable of decent buffing with dark-pact.

can be the defensive front lines of most schools, boasting high resist and have access to the new buff version of legion shield. Combine this with the shadow form tank senti is a force not to be reckoned with.

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
I have a level 100 Life and Balance and enjoy them both. Life gets so much better when you get Forest Lord so you can attack all. Maybe getting a pet that gives a Life Storm or Forest Lord item card would help you until you can train Forest Lord. Level 48 now I think. It used to be level 58.