Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

another question please.......

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 24, 2012
I just read posts from brwac and one from wizardgirl about which secondary school to choose. I have to admit I still don't know what a Tower Shield is. "Ice to Tower Shield", what does that mean?

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
A tower shield is a shield that makes the next spell that hits you do fifty minus damage and it takes no pips and it ice. Mathew Spirirtwisherer lvl 46 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
quilteddawg63 wrote:
I just read posts from brwac and one from wizardgirl about which secondary school to choose. I have to admit I still don't know what a Tower Shield is. "Ice to Tower Shield", what does that mean?

Tower Shield is offered by the Ice School of Magic in Ravenwood, you can go to the school and spend 5 training points there to get this spell which is a universal 50% shield that you can place on your wizard for protection against damage of incoming spells during duels. In other words using this shield will reduce any incoming damage by 50%. Tower is very popular although only a 50% shield since it can be the only one you carry if you wanted to. Keep in mind you have to buy your way up to the shield and may not ever use the other spells you have to buy just to get the shield added to your deck.

As you gain training points you can choose to spend those at other schools of magic, choose wisely though wizard, they do go fast and you may be offered better spells in later levels. If you do all the quests though out the game that give you a training point you usually can build up a safe cushion. Keep in mind if you do make a mistake the buy back program costs crowns and is not cheap.

My fight style is hit and run so I tend not to bother with shields unless that darn cheating boss requires them. I only get out side school spells that enhance my school given ones, such as the Blade from Niles in Krockatopia and then the Sun spells to Colossus in Celestia/Zafaria. I also use an amulet that has a balance blade and a helmet crafted that has a 40% blade. As you can see my my game style is blade up - hit - leave.

I will add I am considering this shield for my Balance wizard though as I have issues figuring out just how to play Balance effectively and that shield may solve my problem when I battle balance monsters.

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
Tower Shield is an ice spell that blocks 50% of the next incoming attack. Unlike ice shields, fire shields, storm shields, ect., a tower sheild will block an attack of any kind, like balance blade will boost an attack of any kind.

Defender
May 24, 2012
Thank you guys, I think I get it. Unlike a school shield (-70%) that is gone in one hit, the Tower Shield stays through the whole duel. I try not to hang around long enough to take too much damage, so I'll have to think about that one. I do use my points to get spells from other schools. Doing lots of quests also keeps me in treasure cards. I'll run with these for the present.

P.S. Thanks again for the gold. Got new clothes!

Alura Flamerider

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
quilteddawg63 wrote:
Thank you guys, I think I get it. Unlike a school shield (-70%) that is gone in one hit, the Tower Shield stays through the whole duel. I try not to hang around long enough to take too much damage, so I'll have to think about that one. I do use my points to get spells from other schools. Doing lots of quests also keeps me in treasure cards. I'll run with these for the present.

Alura Flamerider

The shield does not last the entire duel it is used up when you are hit with a damage spell just like the other shields.

Using your treasure cards is a good idea. I tend to load a few useful ones and have them as back up.

Survivor
May 21, 2012
quilteddawg63 wrote:

Alura Flamerider

No the tower shield is only for 1 hit BUT it will halve damage from any school for that hit, unlike a school shield that will only work for the next hit from that particular school.