Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Angry Snow Pig

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Angry Snow Pig or (something like that is a new Ice spell that will be coming to Wizard101. I am excited for it and the other new Wysterian themed spells (though I wish they weren't in a Card pack ) If we could perhaps get them without having to get the packs that would be awesome if that were possible somehow!

However, the main reason for writing this post is I think that it would be better if the effect order was STEAL then attack. Hopefully that may be possible? What do you guys think?

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The current order of hit then steal does make some sense, mainly because ... muggers always attack you before they steal your stuff.

I do get what you're saying, though. The whole point of stealing a ward is usually to get a Tower or Absorb in usable condition. If the spell hits first, there's nothing left to steal in most cases. So yeah, we wizards would benefit far more if the stealing happened first.

Alia Misthaven

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
exp613 on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
Angry Snow Pig or (something like that is a new Ice spell that will be coming to Wizard101. I am excited for it and the other new Wysterian themed spells (though I wish they weren't in a Card pack ) If we could perhaps get them without having to get the packs that would be awesome if that were possible somehow!

However, the main reason for writing this post is I think that it would be better if the effect order was STEAL then attack. Hopefully that may be possible? What do you guys think?
I got the wand with that spell.. cute spell but worthless.. why would i want to attack for 155 then hit myself for a bunch more? fed that wand to my pet.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Freshta on Jul 12, 2017 wrote:
The current order of hit then steal does make some sense, mainly because ... muggers always attack you before they steal your stuff.

I do get what you're saying, though. The whole point of stealing a ward is usually to get a Tower or Absorb in usable condition. If the spell hits first, there's nothing left to steal in most cases. So yeah, we wizards would benefit far more if the stealing happened first.

Alia Misthaven
Haha, I suppose that is true. Maybe they could change it around though because those Pigswick folk do tend to get things backwards sometimes. LOL

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
A spell that does exactly that is the Wrath of Poseidon spell from the Wrath of Poseidon Sapphire that drops from the Zeus Ultra Dungeon.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
emoboi42 on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:
A spell that does exactly that is the Wrath of Poseidon spell from the Wrath of Poseidon Sapphire that drops from the Zeus Ultra Dungeon.
I know ! That's partly why I made that suggestion, because I use the Wrath of Poseidon spell quite often. I think it looks cool. The only issue is you can't enchant it and the damage is a little low for the pips. Anyway, I'm just saying that I think Snow Pig would better if it operated in a similar manner.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2014
Actually, in reading the Wrath of Poseidon, one would think that the first thing that happens is the steal and then the hit. If this is not the order, the card gui needs to be update to reflect the correct order.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Zhanig on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:
Actually, in reading the Wrath of Poseidon, one would think that the first thing that happens is the steal and then the hit. If this is not the order, the card gui needs to be update to reflect the correct order.
That is the correct order for Wrath of Poseidon. It steals then hits. I was just saying that Angry Snow Pig should follow suit, trump or sluff. (Currently it's sluffing.... )

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
That would in effect give ice a 4 pip attack that is unblockable in most cases. That's too much for an already top tier PvP school. My vote is a no.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Eric Stormbringer on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:
That would in effect give ice a 4 pip attack that is unblockable in most cases. That's too much for an already top tier PvP school. My vote is a no.
Well, it's not all about PVP, but I can see your concern.

I think my main point in posting this is that I wish it had a more useful after affect. I still don't understand why Athena gets the 30% Tower shield as a thing, it is a Ice spell/affect in my opinion. I also was frustrated by Catalan/Fomori Giant they are the same thing, just Fomori Giant is weaker by almost 200 damage. I still don't think that a modified Angry Snow Pig even remotely compares to Loremaster but that's another story.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
exp613 on Jul 20, 2017 wrote:
Well, it's not all about PVP, but I can see your concern.

I think my main point in posting this is that I wish it had a more useful after affect. I still don't understand why Athena gets the 30% Tower shield as a thing, it is a Ice spell/affect in my opinion. I also was frustrated by Catalan/Fomori Giant they are the same thing, just Fomori Giant is weaker by almost 200 damage. I still don't think that a modified Angry Snow Pig even remotely compares to Loremaster but that's another story.
This spell is only relevant in the context of PvP. In PvE it's a low base damage 4 pip single target spell, making it mostly irrelevant there.

As for Athena getting a shield, many schools borrow effects on their lore spells.(Deer Knight borrowing AoE/DoT from fire etc).

Catalan vs Fomorri: Both should have their effects buffed but the damage is fair because it's ice vs storm (see frost giant vs storm lord).

Loremaster is definitely op. If we used it as criterion then almost every spell would fall short.

Defender
May 11, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:
And it would give life its "first" 4 pip spell something they don't have. Storm gets the boat spell that adds a trap then hits, even though they are already OP. Balance gets lore master. Fire gets Burning and Brimstone. Myth gets Keeper of the flame. Life has Lumious weaver. Only fair they give Ice a four pip spell as well. My vote is Yes, Simply because I think it is only fair all schools have a 4pip spam able spell,

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
RedDragon877 on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:
And it would give life its "first" 4 pip spell something they don't have. Storm gets the boat spell that adds a trap then hits, even though they are already OP. Balance gets lore master. Fire gets Burning and Brimstone. Myth gets Keeper of the flame. Life has Lumious weaver. Only fair they give Ice a four pip spell as well. My vote is Yes, Simply because I think it is only fair all schools have a 4pip spam able spell,
The new spell is a 4 pip lore spell if thats what you mean

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Er, how does angry snowpig give life anything?

Storm is op? *checks 3rd age leaderboards*- 37 storm's out of 1000 positions. Riighhhttt...storm op.

No one is arguing for taking away snowpig so viola- 4 pip spammable spell.

Defender
May 11, 2013
Woops meant to say "it would give Ice its first 4pip spell" oh well don't post while tired.

Defender
May 11, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Jul 21, 2017 wrote:
Er, how does angry snowpig give life anything?

Storm is op? *checks 3rd age leaderboards*- 37 storm's out of 1000 positions. Riighhhttt...storm op.

No one is arguing for taking away snowpig so viola- 4 pip spammable spell.
Sure lets use the "leaderboards" as a source when boosters are all over it :D makes perfect sense. Also if a 2 pip spamable wild bolt is not op. then clearly you are bias for storm, Kraken, Storm bat, Storm serpent. Storm shark. Queen Calypso. All spam able all high damage and only storm can do that kind of damage for those few pips. Yeah not over powered at all.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
RedDragon877 on Jul 23, 2017 wrote:
Sure lets use the "leaderboards" as a source when boosters are all over it :D makes perfect sense. Also if a 2 pip spamable wild bolt is not op. then clearly you are bias for storm, Kraken, Storm bat, Storm serpent. Storm shark. Queen Calypso. All spam able all high damage and only storm can do that kind of damage for those few pips. Yeah not over powered at all.
Yes boosters are on the leaderboards, however their presence is not nearly significant enough to change trends. Trends clearly show exactly how poorly storm, death and myth fare in comparison to the other schools. Actual experience in the ranked PvP arena would also give you this experience. Here is a comprehensive tier analysis I wrote on the meta: http://www.duelist101.com/wizard-101/the-mirage-max-lvl-1v1-pvp-tier-list/

As for wildbolt-The 2 pip spell that 2/3 of the time is the weakest 2 pip spell in the game? Furthermore-"spamming" low pip spells is the easiest way to lose as a storm since you will hit shields, lose tempo, be outcompetrd with spells such as lore which do 1/5 of your health with disruptive effects and/or simply be comboed to death by anyone with any sense. Finally, yes storm does a lot of damage for few pips. However, this is one of the least significant factors in the meta at almost all level ranges. Guess which school is on top in almost all significant metas? The ice school. Guess which school has the least damage and worse low pip spam options? Ice.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
That is a good point. 4k damage on my Ice character with a Storm Shark NO BLADES. Just Pierce and being a STORM.

However, also let's keep in mind that we are still talking about Angry Snow Pig and not starting a flame war about PVP. (The PVP section of the message boards is the next page over.)

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Sure and get one shot by their opponent while doing it! Absolutely everyone packs volcanic shields, or do you not PVP?

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
exp613 on Jul 23, 2017 wrote:
That is a good point. 4k damage on my Ice character with a Storm Shark NO BLADES. Just Pierce and being a STORM.

However, also let's keep in mind that we are still talking about Angry Snow Pig and not starting a flame war about PVP. (The PVP section of the message boards is the next page over.)
The only way this happened with no buffs is with:

A)Shrike and/or your Ice is not fully geared.

And

B)critical in the old system (which no longer exists)

Defender
May 11, 2013
Jasmine3429 on Jul 23, 2017 wrote:
Sure and get one shot by their opponent while doing it! Absolutely everyone packs volcanic shields, or do you not PVP?
Still need a spam able spam for Quick match unless you think every other school deserves to spam but Ice.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
RedDragon877 on Jul 24, 2017 wrote:
Still need a spam able spam for Quick match unless you think every other school deserves to spam but Ice.
In Quick Match spamming is not the way to go, you want to wait a few rounds for the damage and pierce to increase, then hopefully stun your opponent and 1 shot them with basically any spell. With 8k health you should last to round 3 just stun block and shield until a few rounds in and you should win easily.